Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes - Round 10 vs. Gold Coast Suns

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar

Changes - Round 10 vs. Gold Coast Suns

Will be a pretty interesting week at the selection table.

I don't think there's much point rushing Grundy back for a game in which we should win, Reid played really well at CHB anyway. Save him for the Kangaroos the following week.

I think it should just be Lloyd in for B.Jack. I'd give Robinson another full game and make Cunningham sub but it's more likely to be the other way around.

If McVeigh's calf is still tight then I'd give him the week off and give Hewett a game, from all reports he was fantastic in the reserves on the weekend.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Depends how bad Reg's calf is I guess. We have shown that we don't make changes for the sake of it. With a bye the following week the coaching staff might be reluctant for players to miss 2-3 weeks of footy.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Grundy will return. Cunningham will probably be dropped

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    You'd keep Brandon Jack in before Cunningham?

Senior Player
    I'm starting to share the concerns about pyke that others have been expressing. We won the Hitouts 70-34 but lost the clearances 48-44 but even more importantly the centre clearances 15-10. With pyke getting 53 of those hit outs we are clearly not getting an advantage from his ruck work. At the game I noticed too many times when pyke would have taken marks in the forward fifty before which this time he just bought to ground. I feel the Gold Coast game is now the time to try Naismith in for Pyke. We have to see if he can bring anything that pyke doesn't.

I also liked robbos game for a first gamer. Deserves another and preferably as the full game.

My changes assuming Grundy is still out ( no need to rush him back against Gold Coast)

IN: Naismith Lloyd
    OUT: Pyke B Jack
    SUB: Cunningham

Veterans List
    Anyone know if we will have a training run at Metricon on Friday? I'm on the Gold Coast for a few days so catching the ressies and main game but thought I'd wander down to training too.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I'm starting to share the concerns about pyke that others have been expressing. We won the Hitouts 70-34 but lost the clearances 48-44 but even more importantly the centre clearances 15-10. With pyke getting 53 of those hit outs we are clearly not getting an advantage from his ruck work. At the game I noticed too many times when pyke would have taken marks in the forward fifty before which this time he just bought to ground. I feel the Gold Coast game is now the time to try Naismith in for Pyke. We have to see if he can bring anything that pyke doesn't.

I also liked robbos game for a first gamer. Deserves another and preferably as the full game.

My changes assuming Grundy is still out ( no need to rush him back against Gold Coast)

IN: Naismith Lloyd
    OUT: Pyke B Jack
    SUB: Cunningham
    I am happy with Pyke's efforts and I wouldn't like to see him sacked anytime soon - all the same he is carrying a pretty large workload and I'd like to see Naismith getting a few games this year as part of his development path.

Surely Rampe must be getting pretty close to getting to know Crouchy a bit better but I just don't think Horse will want to mess with the back 6 too much.

Assuming they give Reg another week off, I'd be thinking Lloyd in for BJ and give him a full game so probably Cunningham as sub. Can't wait till the sub is abolished, a stupid initiative by the AFL

Veterans List
    Why doesn't Nankervis get a mention on getting a senior game?

Was it nankervis or naismith who got a game or two last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Why doesn't Nankervis get a mention on getting a senior game?
    Probably because Naismith is viewed as a potential top line ruckman whereas Nankervis is more in the key forward role where we are pretty well covered.

I wonder how Lobb is going over at GWS?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Was it nankervis or naismith who got a game or two last year?
    Naismith had one game against Richmond which we lost. Subbed out in the last quarter, Maric killed it as you'd probably expect

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    You'd keep Brandon Jack in before Cunningham?
    Yes. Please, yes.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast