Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Round 15: Swans v Demons @ Cazaly's

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Two guys I want to give credit to who want show up in the stats sheet are Fox and Hayward.

Fox has quietly won his one-on-one battles regularly slotting in nicely in our team defence structure. Only 3 possessions but 8 tackles if you don't mind.

Hayward is playing such a tough, team game lately. He cops a bit on here but I reckon he is playing as a defensive forward stopping the intercept mark and doing a terrific job.
    Hayward has to be a lot smarter with ball in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Even though we've only had 5 wins thus far, we've managed to score a win in each state!
    That makes us an All-Australian squad!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    - Ahhhh- just stirring with 'Sweet Caroline'- LOL
    hahaah I know Daisi!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    That makes us an All-Australian squad!
    Nice stat that is!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Just watched the highlights....very enjoyable. Again I like the last piece of commentary......"But they've got something brewing the Swans."

I agree.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    "Not trying to win" is a disease that's hard to shake off. Melbourne caught the disease some years ago and still hasn't recovered. I have a lot of good friends who are Melbourne supporters and these lovely people continue to be shafted by a club that, even now, doesn't care enough about winning. Today, a very talented team that needed to win to stay in finals contention played a team that has been decimated by injuries and had nothing to play for. The team that has heart and a soul got the 4 points.

Go you magnificent Cygnets!
    Last edited by Sandridge; 3rd September 2020 at 11:03 PM.

Really liked how Clarke kept finding the ball. Sure, some of his possessions were a bit shaky but at least he gets the pill - that's half the battle. Tonight he used it pretty well.

Great Q2 by McInerney. That should give him the confidence that he belongs.

McLean is a big target and brought the ball to ground. Our smalls looked better tonight with him to crumb off.

All up, a very good team performance with solid contributions from most of the team.

Just watched JL’s presser. Almost the happiest i have even him all year , cracked a smile at one point! Also mentioned the players were surprised at the support they had at the ground. A Few Dirty Swannies up in FNQ apparently !

( - “Dirty swan” is a name me and a fellow swan mate picked up at a game years ago when a random , possibly quite drunk fellow supporter bellowed out at a crucial point in a tight game, when the crowd was silent “ Go you Dirty Swan ! it’s been a go to ever since )

I’m interested to hear from Auntie.Gerald after that performance.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    "Not trying to win" is a disease that's hard to shake off. Melbourne caught the disease some years ago and still hasn't recovered. I have a lot of good friends who are Melbourne supporters and these lovely people continue to be shafted by a club that, even now, doesn't care enough about winning. Today, a very talented team that needed to win to stay in finals contention played a team that has been decimated by injuries and had nothing to play for. The team that has heart and a soul got the 4 points.

Go you magnificent Cygnets!
    Great post....it is indeed great to follow a club that always gives you hope....and ultimately, great reward.

I wouldn't be a Dees fan for quids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’m interested to hear from Auntie.Gerald after that performance.
    He's not the only one strangely absent from this joyous, positive thread.....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swannette View Post
    who said Taylor was a mediocre inclusion? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I questioned it, but he does add some class in forward 50. He's pretty clean, makes good decisions and kicks well. A bit savvier than Bell in that lone crumbing role.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Ryan Clarke has been good tonight

He is a true gut runner, probably our best. Limited disposal obviously, but he gets from contest to contest and offers an option to clear the ball from congested situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Blakey and Mcinerney my highlights.

Yes, exciting games from both. Blakey's ability to sprint away from the opposition and kick long on that left is so promising.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I love it when a youngster has a breakout game. Well done Macca. I reckon McLean is a keeper too.
    McLean contests hard every time it comes his way, but he's also smart, with good touch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Good win swans! We're always a chance against Melbourne.

We can enjoy the weekend now.
    Yes, because our coach is at least twice as good as theirs.

I’ve been critical of both LTaylor (fitness) and Clarke (disposal). I only saw some of the 1st and 4th quarters but it appears Clarke’s disposal is improving and Taylor got a fair bit of the ball.

If you took the best of each of them they would make a really good player.