Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd.17 V Hawthorn.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Barry, if you're asking me, it's Naismith.
    Based on one "ok" game ?. Sinclair has played plenty of better games this year.

Nainsmith reminds me of donkey doyle. Remember him?

We cant be unlucky twice with injury prone ruckman so i hope he delivers on the potential he and doyle had/have.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    What's interesting going forward is when Tippett comes back he may lack the fitness to play more time in the ruck than forward, and he will flip his time compared to earlier in the year.

So until now, we've looked for a second ruck who can spend more time forward. Going forward, it may require a primary ruckman, and that's where Naismith has the opportunity to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Nainsmith reminds me of donkey doyle. Remember him?

We cant be unlucky twice with injury prone ruckman so i hope he delivers on the potential he and doyle had/have.
    The club doesn't seem too concerned because they just gave him a 3 year contract. He's been very solid in the reserves for quite a while. When he's played in the same team as Nankervis, Naismith has usually been the better of the two.

To put things into perspective, at the end of this season Sinclair will be 27, Naismith 24 and Nankervis 22. Sinclair should be at his peak, Naismith just emerging as an AFL ruckman and Nankervis should still have a couple of years to develop to an AFL standard. 24 yo seems to be around the mark that good ruckmen come into their own. If Nankervis and Sinclair are about equal now, I would rather give Nankervis the start as he is more likely to benefit from the experience at higher level. Sinclair can go to the NEAFL and work on his marking.

Sinclair wasn't that bad. He just didn't do much. A bit like Rose really.

I hope nainsmith does kick on. I wonder whether there is a spot on best 22 when tippet comes back as main ruck.

Youd think derrickx will be delisted or nanka traded at years end

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Sinclair wasn't that bad. He just didn't do much. A bit like Rose really.
    I tend to agree, on first watch I was thinking "sheesh, is Callum even playing?" but then after a second viewing and keeping an eye out for him he didn't really seem to do too much wrong when he was near the ball, he just simply wasn't near the ball very much.

It's hard to gauge without seeing it live what was going on, it may have just been one of those games where every time you lead one way the ball swings the other.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I tend to agree, on first watch I was thinking "sheesh, is Callum even playing?" but then after a second viewing and keeping an eye out for him he didn't really seem to do too much wrong when he was near the ball, he just simply wasn't near the ball very much.

It's hard to gauge without seeing it live what was going on
    , it may have just been one of those games where every time you lead one way the ball swings the other.
    I was at the game and didn't notice him much. He didn't seem to do a lot.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The club doesn't seem too concerned because they just gave him a 3 year contract. He's been very solid in the reserves for quite a while. When he's played in the same team as Nankervis, Naismith has usually been the better of the two.

To put things into perspective, at the end of this season Sinclair will be 27, Naismith 24 and Nankervis 22. Sinclair should be at his peak, Naismith just emerging as an AFL ruckman and Nankervis should still have a couple of years to develop to an AFL standard. 24 yo seems to be around the mark that good ruckmen come into their own. If Nankervis and Sinclair are about equal now, I would rather give Nankervis the start as he is more likely to benefit from the experience at higher level. Sinclair can go to the NEAFL and work on his marking.
    I like our current ruck stocks and don't think Sinclair has been that bad. I think a top team needs four good ruckman and I'm very happy that an area that was a weakness a year or so ago is in such good shape. Naismith is shaping up as a good prospect and yet another graduate of our rookie program

Veterans List
    Just watched the replay, Rose back to the NEAFL, you can't have that few possessions and stay in unless you have a gold pass. If ressie reports are correct, probably McGlynn returns against his old team the enemy. McGlynn and Papley both buzzing around the forward line getting paid high frees paid sounds just like the Hawks forward line!

So only the one change, reward form - Rose out, McGlynn in.

48 hours ago most were saying mcglynn should retire. Now after an ok ressies game hes back in the 22?.

How about we just leave the team settled for a bit?

Back to hawthorn.. we need to beat them for the good of the comp. They will slip to 4th if they lose.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast