PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Saddo? & Other Injuries

Ruck'n'Roll
30th August 2005, 04:37 PM
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16426935%255E19742,00.html

Jason Saddington (knee) indefinite

It'll be interesting to see how the reserves go in this weeks final, with up to 30 players going to Perth, and another 8 injured that leaves bugger all playing in the ACTFL.

Plugger46
30th August 2005, 04:55 PM
Saddo and Fixter have to be in trouble. As unlucky as Fixter has been, his chances are surely running out.

j s
30th August 2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Ruckman
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16426935%255E19742,00.html

Jason Saddington (knee) indefinite

It'll be interesting to see how the reserves go in this weeks final, with up to 30 players going to Perth, and another 8 injured that leaves bugger all playing in the ACTFL.
Some of the 'extras' that went might fly back in time for the ressies game. It's in their own interest to play in the twos if at all possible

They might all be on the redeye on Friday night.

tantrum
30th August 2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Plugger46
As unlucky as Fixter has been, his chances are surely running out.

However, he probably hasn't had as many chances as Heath James, and has shown better form in the games he did play than James.

I think only an insider on his ongoing medical/fitness condition would be able to say. If there's a chance, he might get another year, given the history we've seen with James. Might...

I like the way he played.

giant
30th August 2005, 07:29 PM
That's very bad news for Saddo - hope it's not too bad.

The experienced ranks of the ressies are looking a bit depleted sans Maxy, Nicks & Saddo.

Go Swannies
30th August 2005, 07:40 PM
I forgot to mention, Nicksy arrived with the rest of the players for practice yesterday. I presume he's not playing 2s but he definitely still seems to be part of the team. Didn't see Stewie though - I presume he's flying straight from Melbourne.

punter257
30th August 2005, 07:50 PM
maybe nicksy has been charging himself up to dominate phil matera in the finals. the announcement of his retirement could be a decoy. wouldnt that be funny......

and that is shame about saddo, always good to have handy backups ready just in case

Sanecow
30th August 2005, 09:43 PM
Saddo in the ruck was always gross stupidity. Even if he did his knee in a totally unrelated incident falling drunkenly down some steps.