PDA

View Full Version : Tickets on Sale Update

Troy G
5th September 2005, 06:55 PM
As of Mon 5pm. 18,103 tickets remain on sale.

Troy G
6th September 2005, 07:20 PM
As of 5pm Tuesday... 5,000 tickets remain on sale. Should be gone by about lunchtime tomorrow at this rate.

DST
6th September 2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Troy G
As of 5pm Tuesday... 5,000 tickets remain on sale. Should be gone by about lunchtime tomorrow at this rate.

Lunch time tomorrow !!!!!!

First time on sale to the public tomorrow, they will be sold before 10.00am.

DST
:D

ugg
6th September 2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by DST
Lunch time tomorrow !!!!!!

First time on sale to the public tomorrow, they will be sold before 10.00am.

DST

They were on sale to the public from 12 today.

DST
6th September 2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by ugg
They were on sale to the public from 12 today.

Sorry different system than Adelaide, maybe lunchtime would be more suitable...................................

DST

Dave
7th September 2005, 04:39 PM
At 3.00pm, 3000 left! ;)

Troy G
7th September 2005, 06:59 PM
As at 5pm Wed... 2,200 tickets remaining.

CroatianSwans
7th September 2005, 07:02 PM
why doesnt channel 10 show the game live now we are Guureenteed at least 41,000 people with the least 2,200 tickets

DST
7th September 2005, 07:14 PM
They will, but they won't be able to announce it until late Thursday afternoon to make sure the final tickets that are left are sold and that the SCG members have organised themselves to go as they don't think it will be live.

DST

CroatianSwans
7th September 2005, 07:15 PM
now i know why most home games are delayed on channel because the members might not turn up

Zachster
7th September 2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by CroatianSwans
now i know why most home games are delayed on channel because the members might not turn up

Huh???? Show me a SCG game that has been delayed this year? It has nothing to do with the members turning up or not..

CroatianSwans
7th September 2005, 07:18 PM
they have been delayed as i havent been able to go to any scg games that have been on saturday nights because of work, back to the topic about tickets

Zachster
7th September 2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by DST
They will, but they won't be able to announce it until late Thursday afternoon to make sure the final tickets that are left are sold and that the SCG members have organised themselves to go as they don't think it will be live.

DST

The game kicks off at 8pm..TV starts at 8pm..nothing is delayed..

motorace_182
7th September 2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Zachster

Ah dude, the telecast starts at 8, but last time I watched a game from home they didnt just roll straight to the first bounce. There is a solid half hour of pre-match talk and build up (eg: match ups). And yes, many games are delayed from the SCG at night, only by half hour or so though...

SXP
7th September 2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Zachster

It's a 30 min delay. The same thing they are doing here in Melbourne, when a game is not sold out.

j s
7th September 2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by DST

DST
The delay is NOT because of "against the gate" concerns and won't change when all tix are sold. TEN has simply decided to wait until 8pm for ratings reasons.

anniswan
7th September 2005, 08:39 PM
According to WLF 2200 tickets left.

cruiser
8th September 2005, 12:02 AM
It will sell out. A capacity SCG crowd! AWESOME!!! Bring on the kitties, like lambs to a slaughter!

ScottH
8th September 2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by SXP
It's a 30 min delay. The same thing they are doing here in Melbourne, when a game is not sold out. Yep, telecast starts @ 7:30, game starts @ 8:00

Go Swannies
8th September 2005, 09:51 AM
According to the SMH the game is being delayed in Sydney because there are still 2000 unsold tickets - they can't broadcast live from an event that's not sold out. Only if these last tickets sell out quickly this morning will it be live - otherwise they don't have long enough to tell viewers of the switch in scheduling.

So don't program your VCR yet.

cruiser
8th September 2005, 10:34 AM
I agree that there shouldnt be a live telecast unless the game is sold out. Sydney is the only team whose home games are broadcast live, regardless of whether the game has sold out, and it must surely be detrimental to crowd numbers.

liz
8th September 2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
According to the SMH the game is being delayed in Sydney because there are still 2000 unsold tickets - they can't broadcast live from an event that's not sold out. Only if these last tickets sell out quickly this morning will it be live - otherwise they don't have long enough to tell viewers of the switch in scheduling.

So don't program your VCR yet.

That sounds like it was written by a Melbourne journo ignorant of the 'norm' up here.

Games are routinely shown live against the gate, with no sell-out. The club's view seems to be that the TV audience is a different audience to the live public and that showing games live is the best way to promote the game to Sydney.

Go Swannies
8th September 2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by liz
That sounds like it was written by a Melbourne journo ignorant of the 'norm' up here.

Games are routinely shown live against the gate, with no sell-out. The club's view seems to be that the TV audience is a different audience to the live public and that showing games live is the best way to promote the game to Sydney.

No, I think it's a policy dictated by a Melbourne-based AFL admin ignorant of the 'norm' up here. Remember, this one isn't our game - it's the AFL's.

cruiser
8th September 2005, 05:22 PM
From the Swans site this arvo:

Sydney v Geelong at the SCG - approximately 1000 tickets remaining for sale. Tickets for this match continue to sell strongly and remaining tickets are available from Ticketek outlets - Phone 132 849

stellation
8th September 2005, 05:27 PM
I imagine the pricing structure has not helped the quick ticket sale cause!

SXP
8th September 2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by stellation
I imagine the pricing structure has not helped the quick ticket sale cause!

Not it hasn't. The cheapest tickets were sold out first.

Glenn
8th September 2005, 07:40 PM
$70 for concourse seating, no wonder the most expensive seats are the still to be sold :rolleyes:

cruiser
8th September 2005, 10:43 PM
Hurry, hurry .....

Only 800 Tickets Left !!!
8 September 2005
Exclusive to sydneyswans.com.au

There are only 800 tickets left for Friday night's Semi-final clash that sees the Sydney Swans take on Geelong at the SCG. The game gets underway at 8PM. Tickets are still available through Ticketek.

EMJ
8th September 2005, 10:44 PM
I agree charging $70 for concourse is ridiculous - who set that price AFL or SCG or Ticketek.

Outpricing families etc.

Tadgh said on white line fever it is a sell out.

Someone on Syd Swans site says 800 left.

Schneiderman
9th September 2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by janpa
I agree charging $70 for concourse is ridiculous - who set that price AFL or SCG or Ticketek.

AFL. They take all of the gate takings from each Finals game, and then split it amongst the clubs. Not sure if the two competing clubs get 50/50 or whether the non-finalists get some of it too.

blinddog
9th September 2005, 12:58 AM
Outpricing families etc.
What a load of cr4p - a family ticket was $112 so $28 per ticket - not too bad for a final if you ask me.

anniswan
9th September 2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by blinddog
What a load of cr4p - a family ticket was $112 so $28 per ticket - not too bad for a final if you ask me.

Compared to $45 for the footy show in Melb, it's great value.:D :D

SimonH
9th September 2005, 04:53 PM
So much for the tens of thousands who were going to be locked out of attending the final by it being held the SCG. It still ain't sold out as at 3:30pm (down to 500 according to afl.com.au), and it's still possible to buy 2 seats together.

Even allowing that there are up to 10,000 people who won't go to the SCG who would have gone to Homebush, and no-one to whom the reverse applies (which is pretty generous), we would have been well, well short of any predictions of 70,000-odd, a la 2003 PF crowd figures.

I'm presuming that the 2003 PF tickets were a similar cost to those being sold for this game. (Even though far more 'standard' priced seats are available at Homebush, the AFL appears to hike the prices for PFs as opposed to the first 2 weeks of finals.)

I would take a punt on 3 reasons why this might be the case:
1. Sydney are coming off a well-publicised loss.
2. Brisbane have greater pulling power for a Sydney crowd. Taking on Geelong has no particular resonance for a non-AFL fanatic, whereas everyone knows the NSW/Qld sporting rivalry.
3. Sydney sports followers are more sophisticated than some might think. They well-know the difference in significance between a PF and an elim, qualifying or semi final. Only 40,000 showed to the WCE elim final at Homebush last year, and at the far edge of optimism, 10,000 on top of that might have gone if the weather forecast had been good.

Anyway, I ain't worried, b/c I'm going. Can't wait!

cruiser
9th September 2005, 04:58 PM
I'll go for point 3. Also, I think $70 is too much to be asking for a concourse seat. I'd pay it because I'm an obsessive fan but more casual fans might not.

Sanecow
9th September 2005, 05:00 PM
Even allowing that there are up to 10,000 people who won't go to the SCG who would have gone to Homebush, and no-one to whom the reverse applies (which is pretty generous),

I wouldn't say generous, I would say stingy. Without a word of a lie, there are many people living out in Sydney's west who have never ventured further east than Top Ryde.

desredandwhite
9th September 2005, 05:02 PM
People would definitely have been put off by the expensive seats, and because I think you will struggle to get more than single seats in a row!

I don't think we would have filled Telstra Stadium, but on a Sat night, we might have gotten 50-55,000 if the weather was good. I would have brought probably an extra 10 people if I could get more tickets on my memberships.

liz
9th September 2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
I would have brought probably an extra 10 people if I could get more tickets on my memberships.

Combined with exorbitant pricing for concourse seats, I think Des' comment is key. I know several people who would probably have come along had capacity not been an issue, but there was so much talk of it being hard to get seats that potential casual attendees would have thought it all too hard. Plus, as with Des, it was pretty much impossible for members to drag along a few uncommitted fans without risking getting ordinary seats themselves.

undy
9th September 2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by SimonH
:
:
I would take a punt on 3 reasons why this might be the case:
1. Sydney are coming off a well-publicised loss.
2. Brisbane have greater pulling power for a Sydney crowd. Taking on Geelong has no particular resonance for a non-AFL fanatic, whereas everyone knows the NSW/Qld sporting rivalry.
3. Sydney sports followers are more sophisticated than some might think. They well-know the difference in significance between a PF and an elim, qualifying or semi final. Only 40,000 showed to the WCE elim final at Homebush last year, and at the far edge of optimism, 10,000 on top of that might have gone if the weather forecast had been good.

Anyway, I ain't worried, b/c I'm going. Can't wait! [/B]

Not (2) - Geelong are traditionally the biggest pulling opposition in Sydney. Three ROG this time around !

I'd go with (3) and

4) Its on a Friday night, arranged at short notice - makes it hard to get to and would clash with a lot of casual fans existing arrangements.

Glenn
9th September 2005, 05:41 PM
Personally not going because, simply I couldn't afford it (all the standard seating had gone by the time I had a chance to get a ticket), add in the Basketball and Rugby League qualifying final makes for a rather expensive weekend on a limited budget.
Dare I say a bigger crowd would have been at TS, mearly because more standard seats, more likely to get the casual fan.
But all hypothetical now.

CroatianSwans
9th September 2005, 06:28 PM
anyway the nrl would not make money tonight because only about 25,000 tickets have been sold for tonight so add another 7,000 who turn up there may be lucky to get 35,000,

DST
9th September 2005, 07:54 PM
I reckon the 70,000 crowd for Telstra Stadium would have been pretty well on the mark. I base this on the following:

1) We have sold 43,000 tickets for tonights game

2) Geelong always pull a good crowd in Syndey plus it is close for their supporters to come (West Coast last year had no support due to the distance)

3) Telstra Stadium has 10,000 odd members who would have been entitled to buy tickets and go at TS

4) Due to the increased seating capacity the AFL could have sold a lot more seats at the cheaper price

5) I read somewhere that at TS the Swans could sell a lot more corporate packages to the game considering facilities (something like 2,000 sears more?)

So based on the above, I rekon 60,000 + would have been acheivable

DST