PDA

View Full Version : This Weeks Umpires

mocaholic
7th September 2005, 04:02 PM
Check this out.

And don't blame the messenger!!

It's all over for Sydney Swans for Season 2005. (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195301)

anniswan
7th September 2005, 04:06 PM
GRRRRRRRR, at least he will be easy to yell at, all he has to do is walk on the ground and the Swans fans will go feral

Mike_B
7th September 2005, 04:10 PM
Let's hope he tears a hamstring in the warm-up!!

Old Royboy
7th September 2005, 04:12 PM
Sydney vs. Geelong, SCG, 8.00pm
UNIFORM- YELLOW
FIELD:
#22- Stuart Wenn
#25- Shaun Ryan
#32- Darren Goldspink
EMERGENCY: #3- Stephen McBurney

McInerney got dropped.

Xie Shan
7th September 2005, 04:12 PM
Could have been worse - we could have had Goldspink AND Brett Allen, the umpire from Geelong, who umpired our last 2 games against the Cats IIRC...Ah well, we've only had Goldspink 3 times this year. Was nice while it lasted

Jeffers1984
7th September 2005, 04:15 PM
********...That's it, i'm not joking about those snipers now... 4 snipers on Goldstink pronto.

punter257
7th September 2005, 04:15 PM
goldspink :eek:

Guzzitza
7th September 2005, 04:27 PM
I CANNOT BELIEVE GOLDSPINK IS UMPIRING!!

THERE WILL BE A RIOT OF HES NOT BLOODY CAREFUL.

Thunder Shaker
7th September 2005, 05:05 PM
Paul Roos wanders the function room at the SCG, dressed in a black dinner jacket. He's suave with the ladies, asks for a martini shaken, not stirred and introduces himself to all as "Roos. Paul Roos."

In the meantime, the villain plots against Roos. Goldsphincter sits in his padded armchair with his purring black cat on his lap, and expouses his plan of world domination while stroking the head of his cat.

Paul Roos is called into a meeting with his boss, C. C says, "I want you to be on the lookout today, Paul. I hear that the arch-villain Goldsphincter is plotting against us again, and is on his way to the SCG even as we speak."

"I'm on it", Roos says.

Will our hero will save the day, or will the villain triumph?

punter257
7th September 2005, 05:09 PM
haha nice, is richard colless playing the role of M? and who is the bond girl that roosy falls for?

cruiser
7th September 2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by punter257
who is the bond girl that roosy falls for?
Ruda.

Glenn
7th September 2005, 05:12 PM
Given how diabolical the umps were in WA, there is plenty of room for improvment but still not enough for you know who :frown

anne
7th September 2005, 05:20 PM
It is a conspiracy to make sure of our downfall. The AFL wants Sydney as a token team so they can say it is a national competition and to bring in television dollars but they don't want us to succeed. Otherwise why stack all the cards against us. If Geelong had been playing Essendon , Collingwood, St Kilda etc this weekend would Stephen King be playing? No way. Why give us the biggest Sydney hating umpire? The whole competition is a joke and I don't know why we all still persevere with it.

sharpie
7th September 2005, 05:22 PM
GOAL:
Steve Stirling (VIC)
Luke Walker (VIC)

You're telling me we can't even get decent goal umpires in NSW? I could do it, can't be that hard!

Thunder Shaker
7th September 2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by punter257
haha nice, is richard colless playing the role of M? and who is the bond girl that roosy falls for?
C = Colless

I don't know who the Bond girl is, but I think Roosy's wife would be the ONLY choice here! He might be suave with the ladies, but Roosy is not Bond.

ugg
7th September 2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by sharpie
GOAL:
Steve Stirling (VIC)
Luke Walker (VIC)

You're telling me we can't even get decent goal umpires in NSW? I could do it, can't be that hard!

Can't believe they dumped Sergio. Disgrace.

anniswan
7th September 2005, 05:27 PM
The thing with Goldstink is that every team hates him, it's not just the Swans.

EMJ
7th September 2005, 05:28 PM
Goldspink is definitely Goldstink in all forms for us.
We deserve a reall big break after last weekends dreadful umpiring.

Our guys will have to play really well and get fantastic gaols that can't be disputed in any form.

Otherwise Goldspink will definitely have to be carried out of the SCG.

hammo
7th September 2005, 05:30 PM
At least that solves the problem about who will be the Cats' extra man in defence.

BonBon
7th September 2005, 07:19 PM
Here we go again.

It's ok because after what happened with McInerny, any umpire that umpires us will think twice on his decisions.

Put McBurney in.

Roscoe
7th September 2005, 07:46 PM
Goldstink is an Essendon supporter

I'd love to see the frees awarded by him in their games

connolly
7th September 2005, 09:34 PM
If its not bad enough copping the stinker, Shaun Ryan was recruited from the Warnambool/Geelong districts!!!