PDA

View Full Version : Footy in Shanghai

huge
8th September 2005, 01:14 PM
Does anyone know where I will be able to view the game in Shanghai? Really desperate to watch the game.

Glenn
8th September 2005, 01:18 PM
Hmmm ESPN Asia-Pacific or I think its is Star TV (or something like that) would be your best bets IMO

Go Swannies
8th September 2005, 01:25 PM
Check out: http://abcasiapacific.com/

HK Time: AFL Premiership Season
Semi-final 1: Sydney Swans vs Geelong
Friday 9 Sep at 18:00

ScottH
8th September 2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by huge
Does anyone know where I will be able to view the game in Shanghai? Really desperate to watch the game. The Local corner pub with FoxFooty!!!

huge
9th September 2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
The Local corner pub with FoxFooty!!!

There is no local corner pub with foxFooty! Is there anyone who knows where I can view abc asia pacific?

Go Swannies
9th September 2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by huge
There is no local corner pub with foxFooty! Is there anyone who knows where I can view abc asia pacific?

Several hotels around town. Try the Sofitel on Nanjing Rd. Or the Hyatt across the river. At both, ask if there is any Australian on staff - if so, they'll probably know where. I haven't been in Shanghai for more than a year so there's probably an AFL bar on the Bund by now.

huge
9th September 2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
Several hotels around town. Try the Sofitel on Nanjing Rd. Or the Hyatt across the river. At both, ask if there is any Australian on staff - if so, they'll probably know where. I haven't been in Shanghai for more than a year so there's probably an AFL bar on the Bund by now.

CARN THE SWANNIES! Booked a room ar Hotel Intercontinental just to watch the game. Hope it is all worth it.

OldE
9th September 2005, 12:23 PM
Call O'Malleys or The Blarney Stone. Both are pretty good for expat viewing.

The Blarney Stone always had ads up for the local Aussie Rules comp, as it was played at about the same time as the Gaelic comp. Even if they're not showing it, I am sure they would know where to send you.

Also have the best Sausage Rolls in Shanghai

Xie Shan
9th September 2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
Check out: http://abcasiapacific.com/

That site might come in handy for me - if only I can find a place where I can watch AFL games in Taipei in the first half of the 2006 season! :confused:

Go Swannies
9th September 2005, 01:19 PM
Remember the link then - because it's virtually impossible to find through the ABC site - easier to find through Google.

msabenny
9th September 2005, 01:40 PM
Shanghai Rugby club