PDA

View Full Version : Ben Cousins

Sanecow
25th September 2005, 04:30 PM
There's no point winning a Brownlow and losing a grand final

Amen.

Source (http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=230277)

BayesysLeftBoot
25th September 2005, 04:31 PM
yep, that'll learnya for havin a good home and away season cuz.

Sanecow
25th September 2005, 04:38 PM
:rolleyes:

Nico
25th September 2005, 04:41 PM
If we are still in the GF race I would prefer one of our players didn't win the Brownlow. Just seems to take the edge off.

Back in the days when the Brownlow was in the first week of the finals from memory, I believe Bedfords win of 1970 just took away from our first semi against the Saints. Long time ago so I stand corrected if anyone has better memories.

25th September 2005, 04:43 PM
If Cousins or any good midfielder for that matter is so keen on getting the premiership medal, he should consider joining us. IMHO, a good midfielder might be the difference for us to win it back-to-back.

Howabout getting Buckley for next year so that he can retire with the medal in his pocket. Poor guy :D.

sharpie
25th September 2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Newbie
Howabout getting Buckley for next year so that he can retire with the medal in his pocket. Poor guy :D.

But what about Roosy's "no ********head rule"? :D

timbo
25th September 2005, 05:58 PM
how bout that tackle matthews put on him in the first quarter. nice. :D

satchmopugdog
25th September 2005, 06:04 PM
I was talking to Ben Cousins at the airport today. I must have that kind of face that says "you can talk to me,I'm not a threat "or sumfink as he was being hassled by people to have photos and said"That must be the last thing you feel like" and he used me as a body guard after that.
He was much nicer than I thought and shorter than I thought. The last thing he said was,"Winning is everything!" and I sai,"That's not what I tell my netball girls,but you're right"

I didn't think he had the common touch to talk to people like me. So LRT and Cousins can both prove us wrong.

swansrule100
26th September 2005, 01:35 AM
cousins is a champ no doubt, but the media are overrating his performance, i thought judd hurt us especially early. I never felt cousins was a threat with the ball yesterday, yet the herald sun gave him 4 out of 4 stars!

Bleed Red Blood
26th September 2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by swansrule100
cousins is a champ no doubt, but the media are overrating his performance, i thought judd hurt us especially early. I never felt cousins was a threat with the ball yesterday, yet the herald sun gave him 4 out of 4 stars!

Yeah. I thought he had a very small impact on the game. And regarding media rated performances did anyone else notice The Age writers gave Wirrupanda second best on ground. I mean, for ********s sake - Buchanen!

swansrule100
26th September 2005, 01:39 AM
the herald sun gave cousins cox and judd 4 out of 4 stars

but no swans got a 4

fosdike got 2

Jeffers1984
26th September 2005, 02:26 PM
Probably not on topic but i would like to give kudos to Cousins on his captains speech after the game. Very gracious in defeat and he is right that this is only the beginning for them as they are going to be awesome in the next few years.