PDA

View Full Version : Pride in the Guernsey

Dave
26th September 2005, 06:48 PM
Just having a quiet moment of reflection over the journey this club has taken over the last 3 years and I'd have to say that one of the seminal moments would have to be Cressa grabbing his guernsey after the hard won Port match and confronting the crowd.

I think that it became a bit of a catalyst for the way the team now plays for each other and also how they now embrace the past this club had.

I've never heard so many people refer to The Swans as "The Bloods" as they do now and I'm loving it.;)

sharpie
26th September 2005, 07:10 PM
And they've all taken to grabbing their jerseys like Cressa did too now. Throughout their victory lap, they kept getting up on the fence doing it. Great passion.

swansrule100
26th September 2005, 09:23 PM
im still wearing mine from saturday and its starting to smell.

But i agree, it seems like the current group are honoured to play for the bloods!

The club isnt just a place for people to wind down their careers quietly for a few bucks like some in the past

the jumper means something

lescygnes
26th September 2005, 09:33 PM
im still wearing mine.

my housemate said when are you going to take it off.

when it smells.

then what?

ill wash it and wear it again.

HA HA HA HA HA

swansrule100
26th September 2005, 09:34 PM
wanna see who can keep it on the longest :P

lescygnes
26th September 2005, 09:48 PM
DEAL!!!!!

swansrule100
26th September 2005, 09:50 PM
well at the moment im going for next saturday so its been a week ill let you know

lescygnes
26th September 2005, 10:15 PM
im just wondering how long i can get away with it at work and with the boyfriend. might not make it that far after thinking about it!!! he he he

Bleed Red Blood
26th September 2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by swansrule100
im still wearing mine from saturday and its starting to smell.

Same. I have no sense of smell, so if I stay cordoned off from people I can wear it till I have to go back to school next monday. Beat that.

robbieando
26th September 2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by lescygnes
im just wondering how long i can get away with it at work and with the boyfriend. might not make it that far after thinking about it!!! he he he

Your fine until its owner asks for it back;)

timbo
27th September 2005, 12:38 AM
have a look at this piece of merchandise.

i seriously cannot believe how the tag 'bloods' has been used in the last couple of months. a year ago it was a vague familiarity with the club, now its a basis of the team spirit.

bloods flag (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Sydney-Swans-The-Bloods-Pennant-1950s-PREMIERS-2005_W0QQitemZ5265165190QQcategoryZ39885QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem)

swansrule100
27th September 2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by lescygnes

i had a meeting today that was important so have had to actually take it off from under my shirt cos it was getting bad after beer and stuff all over it

so you win :P

im washing it tho its comming back soon

Tuesday
27th September 2005, 04:27 PM
There was an article in the Melbourne edition of MX yesterday and it was mentioned that the most likely members of the team to be the last to remove their guernsey are Kirk and CBolts. Kirk rekons it will be Bolts: "I love that guy!"

Mine has come off, though my "Maybe I like ugly football" t-shirt is getting a serious workout.

You can probably smell me from here! :p

swansrule100
27th September 2005, 11:16 PM
ran out at 2 am to get my swans shirts off the line last night, they might get stolen now we won the flag, i couldnt sleep

Nolie
28th September 2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Tuesday
There was an article in the Melbourne edition of MX yesterday and it was mentioned that the most likely members of the team to be the last to remove their guernsey are Kirk and CBolts. Kirk rekons it will be Bolts: "I love that guy!"

Mine has come off, though my "Maybe I like ugly football" t-shirt is getting a serious workout.

You can probably smell me from here! :p

Can you get a T-shirt with "Maybe I like Ugly Football" ? I'd like one.

anniswan
28th September 2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Nolie
Can you get a T-shirt with "Maybe I like Ugly Football" ? I'd like one.

Yep, just ask Tuesday, she has one