PDA

View Full Version : Trade week next week

Legs Akimbo
26th September 2005, 07:54 PM
Doesn't take long to get back to the ho hum of planning for 2006

2006 (http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=231819)

"Bally going we need a ruckman and obviously Doyley (Stephen Doyle) is on our list and he has got a lot of injuries so we need to think pretty clearly through where Stephen is at, but certainly that would be a priority," he said.

Looks like Mr Doyle could be continuing his illustrious injury plagued career elsewhere.

The thought of losing one of our 22 '2005 bloods' through trading is pretty saddening.

Such is AFL life.

DST
26th September 2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Legs Akimbo

Looks like Mr Doyle could be continuing his illustrious injury plagued career elsewhere.

The thought of losing one of our 22 '2005 bloods' through trading is pretty saddening.

Such is AFL life.

Doyle would only be traded like for like.

So unless there is another ruckman on the market he will remain at the club.

None of the 22 players from Saturday will be traded unless they ask to be.

DST
:D

Reggi
26th September 2005, 08:12 PM

I think you are mis-interpreting - what Roos has said a couple of times is that they need a replacement for Ball, Doyle's injury raises questions about whether he can do that.

It's a matter of whether Erickson and Shaw, could fill his place.

One final year from Stafford?

Or does the Ricky Barham rule apply?

Legs Akimbo
26th September 2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Reggi
I think you are mis-interpreting - what Roos has said a couple of times is that they need a replacement for Ball, Doyle's injury raises questions about whether he can do that.

It's a matter of whether Erickson and Shaw, could fill his place.

One final year from Stafford?

Re Doyle, we'll see in about a week. My reading of the word 'rational' is not 'emotional' = do what is best for the club.

Neither Erickson nor Shaw are ready to back up Jolly and one wonders whether Jolly is ready to be first ruck.

Stafford...WTF! I'd rather get Barry Round for one more year. He looked pretty spritely when he ran onto the ground on Saturday.

dawson
26th September 2005, 08:21 PM
With Ball retiring its only 21

Charlie
26th September 2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Reggi

I love the Ricky Barham rule. :) But I wonder if it will apply to Aker if the rumours that he is on the move turn out to be genuine?

Legs Akimbo
26th September 2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by dawson
With Ball retiring its only 21

I stand corrected!

Reggi
26th September 2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
I love the Ricky Barham rule. :) But I wonder if it will apply to Aker if the rumours that he is on the move turn out to be genuine?

I want a T-Shirt

Sydney Swans Premiers 2005

NO (Ricky Barham Rule Applies)

One of the greatest comments of all time

Agent 86
26th September 2005, 08:31 PM
Stafford...WTF! I'd rather get Barry Round for one more year.

:D

26th September 2005, 08:32 PM
Assuming trading is a zero-sum game individual ability-wise. How would robbing Peter to pay for Paul help us to improve our list? I seriously dont know.

Making the defence, forward and midfield balance might not improve the team I think.

ugg
26th September 2005, 08:41 PM
Beau McDonald apparently cannot agree contract terms with Brisbane. He's a premiership ruckman albeit one who hasn't played a hell of a lot lately, probably less than Doyle if that's even possible.

Charlie
26th September 2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by ugg
Beau McDonald apparently cannot agree contract terms with Brisbane. He's a premiership ruckman albeit one who hasn't played a hell of a lot lately, probably less than Doyle if that's even possible.

Hasn't played since mid 2003. No thanks.

Bleed Red Blood
26th September 2005, 08:44 PM
I posted this on myafl.com yesterday;

Jason Ball's retirement is tricky. We have Stephen Doyle who can't go a season without injuring himself, and two younguns in Erikson and Shaw (Rookie) who have been, apparently, very impressive in Canberra. They won't be ready for playing second ruck for a season next year. We also have Goodes. Maybe we'll go for McDonald from the Lions?

Also, I think a geniune FB needs to be found and played. Leo Barry is an absolute ****ing champion, but we're killing him at FB.

And we need one of Moore, Malkeski, Schmidt, Willoughby, Schneider to become a very good midfielder next year. Or someone else, I don't care who really. Kennelly would be perfect. We just lack someone with excellent kicking to finish off. Especially with Willo retiring end of next season (Hunch).

I think McDonald is a genuine chance - He was a good ruckman, obviously his injuries are a worry. I see McDonald was raised while I was posting this..Perhaps we can get by next year with a combination of Jolly, Goodes, Shaw and Erikson.

ugg
26th September 2005, 08:46 PM
Fair enough. Maybe we should go raiding Melbourne's backup ruck stocks again. Paul Johnson won the VFL B&F didn't he?

cossie
26th September 2005, 08:55 PM
I know he's old, but i think there would be a bit of sense in picking up spider everitt. Sign him for two years and let him be a mentor to Shaw and Eriksen and even Jolly, so that by the time he's gone, one or both of Shaw and Eriksen are ready to step up to AFL level.

BonBon
26th September 2005, 09:08 PM
Doyley, hah! First touch of the ball he makes will result in another ankle season-injury. :rolleyes:

timthefish
26th September 2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by cossie
I know he's old, but i think there would be a bit of sense in picking up spider everitt. Sign him for two years and let him be a mentor to Shaw and Eriksen and even Jolly, so that by the time he's gone, one or both of Shaw and Eriksen are ready to step up to AFL level.

everitt is a gun. i reckon we should be milking the next three years for all their worth and spider would be a great asset in terms of ability, experience and leadership. once would not have got through the ricky barham qualification but seems to have got his head together.

would love to see him and barry tag-team-demolish the saints together.

edit just to add that i still think there is hope for doyle.

Dpw
26th September 2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by cossie

According to ten news the Swans are keen on getting him, Also noticed Roos did not rule out trading any of his GF hero's as he said he could not gaurantee that some of them would not want to go home and will start player talks tomorrow.

Legs Akimbo
26th September 2005, 09:17 PM
Anyone have a clue what the draft talent is like next week?

'06 draft (http://www.footydraft.com/index.php)

Do they do a Ricky Barham test at the draft camp.

"Come on lads, that's enough beep testing, come over here and sit the Ricky Barham test."

Q1. There is a possiblity you will be drafted what do you tell your mates?

1. I am destined to be the next Wayne Carey
2. I will only play for Collingwood
3. I will be happy to go anyway, it's an honour to be drafted
4. I only want to be a blood. If not, the AFL can sod off

(1 = 100 points, 2 = 50 points, 3 = 5 points, 4 = 0 points).

Q2. Swans are considering drafting you, what are your expectations for the first year?

1. Displace Barry Hall from the team and kick 100 goals
2. At least as well as Schnieder in his first year
3. A couple of games in the Canberra league would be an honour
4. I want to clean Kirky's boots with my tongue

(1 = 100 points, 2 = 50 points, 3 = 5 points, 4 = 0 points).

Q3. You are playing in the Grand Final, you are 3 points in front and your team mate kicks it to the opposition captain in the goal square. What do you do?

1. Go and punch his ********ing face in
2. Change sides
3. Fall over and start weaping like a girl
4. Go and pat him on the back and keep fighting

(1 = 100 points, 2 = 100 points, 3 = 100 points, 4 = 0 points)

Q4. COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE

"When I retire from footy, I want to be like..."

1. Eddie McGuire
2. Robert Walls
3. Andrew Demetriou
4. Paul Roos

(1 = 100 points, 2 = 100 points, 3 = 1000 points, 4 = 0 points)

If you score more than 10 points, you have failed the Ricky Barham test and can go ******** off!

R-1
26th September 2005, 11:02 PM
The other thing about replacing Bally is his versatility. We're losing a capable and largish defender and a handy part-time forward as well as a ruckman...

Bleed Red Blood
26th September 2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by timthefish
everitt is a gun. i reckon we should be milking the next three years for all their worth and spider would be a great asset in terms of ability, experience and leadership. once would not have got through the ricky barham qualification but seems to have got his head together.

would love to see him and barry tag-team-demolish the saints together.

edit just to add that i still think there is hope for doyle.

No doubt Everitt is a great ruckman. But, what we would have to trade for Everitt we may as well trade for someone of equal ability with 10 years left instead of 3. Just like Jolly, but maybe a key defender like Bradley.

barry
26th September 2005, 11:26 PM
Our priority is still an attacking midfielder IMO. I just wonder how good our forwards would be with an Akermanis type spearing the ball onto their chests.

If Doyle gets a full year out of himself, all our ruck problems are answered for the next 5 years. I'd give him another shot.

timthefish
26th September 2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood
No doubt Everitt is a great ruckman. But, what we would have to trade for Everitt we may as well trade for someone of equal ability with 10 years left instead of 3. Just like Jolly, but maybe a key defender like Bradley.

a proven talent with 10 years left will require a lot more in trade than everitt. if you mean, however, looking for a player such as jolly or bolton who has not had the opportunity to develop your worth i agree totally. i still think everitt is worth considering in the absence of other options.

swanzotope
27th September 2005, 12:02 AM
everitt would be great while jolly gets experience till he becomes no1 in ruck when everitt retires. then we can try get another one =)

ruck is important and we got huge momentum we want an experienced ruckman now

Jolly has what it takes too be the best ruckman in a year or two, hes looking good!

cruiser
27th September 2005, 12:11 AM
I would love to have Everitt playing for Sydney.

R-1
27th September 2005, 12:13 AM
We've done well with ex-Saints in the past, why not continue the trend?

And after that "Free Barry" stunt I'm sure he'd be welcome...

BonBon
27th September 2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by R-1
And after that "Free Barry" stunt I'm sure he'd be welcome...
Does anyone know the reason as to why he did that sign?

swans05
27th September 2005, 12:19 AM
get chad fletcher and add him to the midfield with the likes of kirk, bolton and co

swans05
27th September 2005, 12:35 AM
THE CORE FOR 2006
Backs - Barry, Kennelly, C Bolton, Mathews, LRT, Dempster
Midfielders - Kirk, J Bolton, Crouch, Ablett, Goodes, McVeigh, Fosdike, Malceski, Moore
Forwards - Davis, Hall, O'Loughlin, O'Keefe, Schneider, Buchanan
Ruck - Jolly

Retired - Nicks, Ball, Schauble
Will They Play - Williams, Maxfield, James
Will They Be Injured - Doyle, Fixter

The Players To Step Up
Backs - Dempster
Midfielders - Malceski, Moore, McVeigh
Forwards - Vogels

The Top Ups
Backs - Bevan, Sundqvist
Midfield - Spriggs, Willoughby, Powell, Schmidt
Forwards - Vogels, Saddington
Rucks - Ericksen

From this we need a ruckman and possibly a key position backman incase of injury think we are right in the midfield as the development of players like moore & malceski will continue

gossipcom
27th September 2005, 12:52 AM
You can throw Willo into the 2006 squad since Roos confirmed again today that he will be playing on next season - but he'd talk to Stuey over the next few weeks.

Also Roos said that they were confident that Bam Bam would sign a new contract soon.

Am I the only one who thinks Doyle should be traded? I know that sounds harsh, but with the amount of injuries the guy's had, do we still go with him or try and draft another ruckman aka the trade of the season with Jolly.

Frog
27th September 2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by gossipcom
Am I the only one who thinks Doyle should be traded? I know that sounds harsh, but with the amount of injuries the guy's had, do we still go with him or try and draft another ruckman aka the trade of the season with Jolly.
Shown great things when on the field, but can we afford to carry him off the field ? But trade ? Which team is going to pick him up if we just offload because of injury ? It will be the end of Doyle's career, I think, if we drop him. No point throwing Doyle into the draft equasion. Still, be sad to see him go. Lot of promise unfulfilled

Jeffers1984
27th September 2005, 08:24 AM
We need to trade for a ruckman, who is the question. Do we go for another back-up ruckman from another club or go hard for a permier ruckman ala spider.

As for the midfield, we have drafted alot of them over the years and are all highly rated. Give Malceski the full season there and i'm sure we'll have our attacking midfielder we crave.

timthefish
27th September 2005, 08:31 AM
You can throw Willo into the 2006 squad since Roos confirmed again today that he will be playing on next season - but he'd talk to Stuey over the next few weeks.

will he play in the centre or on the ball again? it might be time for the old war-horse to play out of a forward pocket or flank.

Charlie
27th September 2005, 08:36 AM
I've fancied Everitt as a Swan for nearly ten years.

As much as I'd love to finally get him (even for the two years he has left), I think he's pretty firmly entrenched at Glenferrie.

S.U.D
27th September 2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by swans05
get chad fletcher and add him to the midfield with the likes of kirk, bolton and co

He's a receiver alright, but with poor disposal, leads the wce in clangers, no thanks

NMWBloods
27th September 2005, 10:14 AM
Fletcher had a disappointing finals series, but still a decent player.

Manages 24.2 disposals per games and 4.1 errors.

Shane Crawford has 4.0 errors per game, so does Luke Hodge, Barry Hall has 3.9, Koschitzke has 3.7, J Bolton has 3.6, Brad Johnson has 3.5.

So he does have a few, but he also does have the ball a lot - 8th in the comp for ave disposals. Also manages 3.6 clearances per game, which puts him 31st in the comp.

gossipcom
27th September 2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by timthefish
will he play in the centre or on the ball again? it might be time for the old war-horse to play out of a forward pocket or flank. Old war-horse being Willo or Stuey or both?

I think Willo will play in the forward pocket with Buchy taking up his role in the midfield.

27th September 2005, 12:33 PM
Old war-horse being Willo or Stuey or both?

I think Willo will play in the forward pocket with Buchy taking up his role in the midfield.
where would we play schneider then ;) ?

the most liking scenario for me is for Willo to play the sweeper role cross the half back. Similar to Schwass role in his later years. That means we need to move Mathews some where. Either to the thick of the action in the engine room or to the trade table.

How many good games Mathews got left in his body?? Another 100 games easier. At least, he's got to worth a late 1st round pick. Proven final performers are not one of a dozen, I think :D.

ugg
27th September 2005, 12:45 PM
Ah, you gotta love trade week. Full of unsubstantiated rumour and hearsay. So anyone willing to predict when the first article linking Mark McVeigh back to us will be written?

THERBS
27th September 2005, 01:45 PM
The question is Doyle and the answer is not much chance of finding a club to trade him to. Spider would be tops, helping out with the young'uns, swapping tatt stories with Barry and enjoying himself in Sydney.

We need a gun midfielder to arise next season and could it be Malceski?

My brain still hurts, but in a good way.

barry
27th September 2005, 02:03 PM
At the end of the day, we aint got a lot to trade with.
The worst of draft picks. Our first pick is around No. 20.

I doubt many of the premiership side would want to go home now, so it seems they are fairly untouchable.

Then, a lot of fringe players have retired.

That leaves, our trade table offerings at:
Saddo - injury questions
Doyle - big injury questions
Pick 20

I'd be suprised if we do any trading.

cowcar
27th September 2005, 02:05 PM
I think Spida would be a good pickup (for 2 years) but i dont see him leaving hawthorn. He was on WLF last week, and was saying how he is committed to Hawthorn (although, he woudl say that wouldnt he!).
I think the most likely player to be traded from the Bloods would be Saddington. And he would probably want to be traded anyway, as he cant get a game in the seniors. The plus side here is that he woudl also be an attractive prospect for a few clubs, so we could actually get something good for him.
But the most honest prediction would be that in the lead up, there will be a lot of talk about potential deals, but ultimately not much will happen. It takes two to Tango, and both sides of any deal need to think they "won" in the trade, so it is very hard to get a deal. Hence, whilst i think he should be traded, no other club is going to be interested in Doyle.

barry
27th September 2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by cowcar
I think Spida would be a good pickup (for 2 years) but i dont see him leaving hawthorn. He was on WLF last week, and was saying how he is committed to Hawthorn (although, he woudl say that wouldnt he!).
I think the most likely player to be traded from the Bloods would be Saddington.

Can we afford to lose Saddo as our only backup KP backman ?

Bleed Red Blood
27th September 2005, 02:17 PM
Let's not trade for Everitt. We have to get a key position player (Hopefully one who can play either end, when did we last have one of those?) maybe someone like Polak?

Doyle, Jolly, Erikson, Shaw and Goodes should be able to take the ruck load for the year. Even if Doyle misses a few games, Erikson in his third year should be able to play five minutes a quarter at least.

I wouldn't say no to getting Everitt..But we need another key position. Much more urgently.

Jeffers1984
27th September 2005, 02:19 PM
ONE MORE YEAR
ONE MORE YEAR

Please Bally :(

chammond
27th September 2005, 03:26 PM
Trading's easy:

Trade Saddo to Kangas for Watt (who's out of contract).

Swap first round pick to Demons for Jamar and Armstrong (who are out-of-favour with Daniher).

Full-back, ruckman and young on-baller . . . bring on 2006 :)

Captain
27th September 2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by barry
Can we afford to lose Saddo as our only backup KP backman ?

Hopefully Powell can develop into a KPP.

bandwagon
27th September 2005, 03:51 PM
The only surprising thing about trade week will be if AT LEAST half a dozen out-of-contract players are not linked to us at some stage.

I hate trade week.... But what will be interesting will be seeing if Roosy thinks we are a chance for next year and trade our earlier draft picks.

NMWBloods
27th September 2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by chammond
Trading's easy:

Swap first round pick to Demons for Jamar and Armstrong (who are out-of-favour with Daniher).

Why aren't you in charge of our trading?

ugg
27th September 2005, 04:02 PM
Does the Ricky Barham rule apply in trading as well as drafting?

Bas
27th September 2005, 04:04 PM
The boofheads at bigfooty are sprouting that Gardiner will be traded to the Swans for our first pick (19).

Seems interesting since he didn't attend their mad monday celebration. Somethings not right there.

I remember reading that Bucky was very home sick and wanted to go back to Victoria. I would not be surprised and he would produce very good trade value.

I'd trade Doyle to west coast as a key forward for them.

How long can Powell stay on the list? I'd say that he, James and Fixter will all be delisted.

Saddo to be traded and with Stewies retirement that would leave about 8 spots.

Guessing Vogels to be promoted and I wonder whether another 1 or 2 rookies go up onto the list.

chammond
27th September 2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Why aren't you in charge of our trading?

I ask myself that question every year :D

Anyhow, having watched the TAC Cup Grand Final, I reckon the Swans need an office in Gippsland!

iigrover
27th September 2005, 04:11 PM
Is there any chance of recruiting Angus Monfries. It looks like he?s going to develop into a great midfielder, who's style of play (jumping into the bottom of packs) would suit the bloods.

27th September 2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Bas

I remember reading that Bucky was very home sick and wanted to go back to Victoria. I would not be surprised and he would produce very good trade value.

Would hate to see Buchanan traded. His game has more facets than most of our midfielders. Smart, hardness, skill, speed, he got it all. His height is the only shortfall. Buchanan is a required player. If we have to trade some to get some, I would trade Jude Bolton before Buchanan. A midfield with Buchanan is more potent than a midfield with Bolton, I feel.

cruiser
27th September 2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Bas
NO!!! Not Monty, please no! Dont go Monty. We love you. :frown

punter257
27th September 2005, 04:27 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if mcveigh wanted to go to essendon to be with his brother

Jeffers1984
27th September 2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by punter257
i wouldnt be surprised if mcveigh wanted to go to essendon to be with his brother
This wouldn't suprise me either. I know it's a golden rule not to trade with Sheedy, but if it were a chance to happen what could we get for him?

punter257
27th September 2005, 04:32 PM
they'll probably offer us justin murphy and want our pick 19 :D

ugg
27th September 2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984
This wouldn't suprise me either. I know it's a golden rule not to trade with Sheedy, but if it were a chance to happen what could we get for him?

B3!

Never ever ever trade with Sheedy. NO exceptions.

iigrover
27th September 2005, 04:34 PM

Monfries?

punter257
27th September 2005, 04:36 PM
laycock would be alright but we'd have nathan buckleys of getting him

please dont give us henneman :eek:

Ryan Bomford
27th September 2005, 04:53 PM
I think a trade of some sort is on the cards.

The retirements of Schaubs, Ball, Nicks and possibly Maxfield will create some salary cap headroom even after allowing for the inevitable pay increases arising from the new premiership status of the playing group.

Don't be surprised if a multi-team trade is concocted, which involves a team with salary cap pressures and underperforming stars on their list ... more than one or two possibilities in that scenario.

hammo
27th September 2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Bas

I remember reading that Bucky was very home sick
very home sick? News to me. Can you substantiate that claim?

This is the trouble with trade week - too many unfounded rumours flying about.

NMWBloods
27th September 2005, 05:22 PM
Stanton?

Bleed Red Blood
27th September 2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Stanton?

What a gun.

No lets go for Bradley..Key defender, can play ruck! Used to go for the Swans too.

S.U.D
27th September 2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by hammo

doesn't sound like it here:

Quote: A bleary-eyed Amon Buchanan, with no shirt on, and a third of his behind poking out from the top of his jeans accidentally wandered into a media pack today.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/swans-mad-monday/2005/09/26/1127586790837.html

Sean
27th September 2005, 05:34 PM

This is the trouble with trade week - too many unfounded rumours flying about. I think I read somewhere that he was homesick a few years back but everything is fine now.

barry
27th September 2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Bomford
I think a trade of some sort is on the cards.

The retirements of Schaubs, Ball, Nicks and possibly Maxfield will create some salary cap headroom even after allowing for the inevitable pay increases arising from the new premiership status of the playing group.

Interesting. I'd assume the 21 players of the flag would be expecting 10% pay rises over the course of their next contract renewal. Lets say about $600,000 required.

Then take away salaries of retiries:
Schaubs: $250,000
Ball: $400,000
Nicks: $180,000
Maxfield: $350,000

That leaves us with about $550,000 to lure Judd. :p

THERBS
27th September 2005, 05:56 PM
There's going to be a heap more rumours. Get set for the multi-club deal scenarios soon to start flying through the ether. Look for multiple sources and try and track down their origin. Otherwise just read them and treat them as idle speculation. a lot of theorising goes on just for the hell of it. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

D.H.
27th September 2005, 06:18 PM
It was interesting reading the Herald Sun article (with Robbo and Ando talking to each other) on the topic of Luke Power.

Power was B2?s guest for the Swans after party at the Crown on Saturday night? sparking a rumor that the Swans are a chance of snaring him.

This followed Akermaniacs? comments at the Kangaroos? GF Breakfast that morning in which he said something like: there are 3 reasons you leave a football club, one is you want to move home, one is you are looking for more playing time, one is you have had a fallout with the coach. He said that power fell into two of those categories. It is also clear to everyone that Power wouldn?t need more playing time! Personally, I wouldn?t trust Aka and it could be his usual headline chasing act in work.

If it is true that Power wants out, the Lions would prefer not to let him go for nothing. With the Melbourne clubs waiting for him in the pre-season draft? an offer by the Swans of say a 1st or even 3rd round pick may be appealing to the Lions. Lets hope he loved what he saw Saturday night and wants to play in Sydney.

In other potential trades, Everitt is a freakishly talented footballer, it would be hard to knock him back. He would be the only older player I?d go for.

Something is telling me we should make some changes though as we should be aiming to be a stronger side next year, we will experience a massive loss in Ball and will have our work cut out bridging that gap. It maybe wishful thinking, but I hope we persist with our current squad in the hope that they improve on this year and recruit Power if we can.

Nico
27th September 2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by chammond
Trading's easy:

No thanks both are ordinary.

Jamar is as slow as a wet week and Armstrong lacks what we demand, intestinal fortitude.

Nico
27th September 2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Bas
The boofheads at bigfooty are sprouting that Gardiner will be traded to the Swans for our first pick (19).

Seems interesting since he didn't attend their mad monday celebration. Somethings not right there.

I'd trade Doyle to west coast as a key forward for them.

How long can Powell stay on the list? I'd say that he, James and Fixter will all be delisted.

Saddo to be traded and with Stewies retirement that would leave about 8 spots.

Guessing Vogels to be promoted and I wonder whether another 1 or 2 rookies go up onto the list.

Ricky Barham says there are no ********heads on our list. Do you really think he would recruit a bloke who has been linked to criminal elements.

Xie Shan
27th September 2005, 08:05 PM
Besides, another thing to consider in trade week is the competition from our rookies for spots on the senior list - surely Vogels will be promoted, and one of the rookie ruckmen such as Earl Shaw must be a chance. Still, with 4 retirements, I'm sure the 22 from the GF will all be here in 2006 - it's people like Saddington, Fixter, James, Doyle who would be most at risk.

Bas
27th September 2005, 08:17 PM

I read it in the paper about three months ago. It said he was home sick for his mates.

Bas
27th September 2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Nico
Ricky Barham says there are no ********heads on our list. Do you really think he would recruit a bloke who has been linked to criminal elements.

Don't know his philosophy regarding these matters.

I'd prefer Everitt to Gardiner.

SWANSBEST
27th September 2005, 09:41 PM
According to The Australian the Swans are very interested in Beau Mc Donald who would be a very handy pick up IF his knees are OK. Apparently, the Andrew Ireland connection could be positve in securing him. Personally, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A CLASS ACT LIKE SPIDA AT THE SWANS. For as long as I can remember Spida has always given me pre game nightmares because of his potential impact on a game. More than a few times has he destroyed us single handed.