PDA

View Full Version : How sweet it is

Go Swannies
28th September 2005, 03:07 PM
One of the joys of winning the premiership is that you just hear about the Swannies all the time. They have been mentioned on every radio broadcast I've listened to since Saturday night.

I had the ABC 702 on in the background just then and at 1.50 a historian came on to talk about how Germans were treated in the war. But he'd been at the game and that led into an historical discussion of how the move to Sydney changed the club's losing culture.

Then the news bulletin following detailed how the team are putting their jumpers from the weekend up for auction. And they mentioned Baz, Leo, Brett and Jason as names that everyone knows.

It used to be that I'd turn when I heard someone mention the Swans as I presumed it was directed to me. Suddenly they are the biggest event in town. I love it.

FredFlintstone
28th September 2005, 03:10 PM
Lets hope the presence of AFL keeps getting stronger and stronger in Sydney/NSW for many years to come! :)

OldE
28th September 2005, 04:18 PM
I was booking my hair and makeup for Friday night today (a little late, I know), and the people on the phone asked what it was for. When I told them it was for the Swans' Best and Fairest, I was repeatedly met with awe (and, I believe, higher prices). It's hard to imagine that happening two weeks ago.

Go Swannies
28th September 2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by eirinn
I was booking my hair and makeup for Friday night today (a little late, I know), and the people on the phone asked what it was for. When I told them it was for the Swans' Best and Fairest, I was repeatedly met with awe (and, I believe, higher prices). It's hard to imagine that happening two weeks ago.

I wish I could book my hair for Friday night. But it's either double dating me or checked out a few years ago.