PDA

View Full Version : Nick back on the KFC

hammo
29th September 2005, 11:47 AM
I guess he's allowed to indulge after his recent exploits but I hope he's back on his fitness regime soon...

source (http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=232312)

The reformed fast-food eater, who lost eight kilograms in the off-season, plans to indulge in his favourite KFC as part of his reward and festivities.

"The pre-season loss of weigh does make it all worth it but they have been onto me already to make sure I don?t put any back on," he said.

"They want me to go for a runs this week but it won't happen and there will be KFC too.

Charlie
29th September 2005, 11:49 AM
I don't care what he does, as long as he is at peak fitness by round one.

Jeffers1984
29th September 2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Charlie
I don't care what he does, as long as he is at peak fitness by round one.
Yep. Enjoy those wicked wings Nicky D!

stevej
29th September 2005, 11:50 AM
I think "that goal" deserves a week off!:)

cruiser
29th September 2005, 12:01 PM
Pig out for a couple of weeks Davo, you deserve it. Then, back to the gym and your mates healthy food restaurant.

giant
29th September 2005, 12:02 PM
Some one should send him a photo of Ricky Mott after the 2002 season just to keep him in check.

Go Swannies
29th September 2005, 12:06 PM
See "Dinner of Champions" pic in "Saturday night" - but he had a lot of other players helping him finish the bucket.

KFC (http://www.davidmcgonigal.com.au/)

Beaussie
29th September 2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
See "Dinner of Champions" pic in "Saturday night" - but he had a lot of other players helping him finish the bucket.

KFC (http://www.davidmcgonigal.com.au/)

:D

Nick ought to be the face of KFC's advertisments. Food of champions.

BonBon
29th September 2005, 01:09 PM
In 10seconds of reading that article I already found 2 spelling mistakes.

Sanecow
29th September 2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by BonBon
In 10seconds of reading that article I already found 2 spelling mistakes.

Not to mention that "meters" probably annoyed Charlie.

Charlie
29th September 2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Not to mention that "meters" probably annoyed Charlie.

Don't forget the five or six grammatical errors.

Sanecow
29th September 2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
Don't forget the five or six grammatical errors.

Pretty good for sydneyswans/afl.com.au!

S.U.D
29th September 2005, 02:21 PM
Nick D worries me. If anyone in the group if going to have a serious premiership hangover, I think it will be him.

I don't like to say this, because I think we really need him, but, what are the odds that he is dropped to the reserves before round 10!!!!

stellation
29th September 2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by S.U.D
Nick D worries me. If anyone in the group if going to have a serious premiership hangover, I think it will be him.

Why do you think that?

punter257
29th September 2005, 02:42 PM
good onya nicky d, you deserve a few buckets of hot and spicy, just make sure your fit next season!

might as well indulge and have some potato and gravy with some of these sweet rolls as well :p

Sanecow
29th September 2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by stellation
Why do you think that?

They want me to go for a runs this week but it won't happen and there will be KFC too.

S.U.D
29th September 2005, 02:43 PM
Why do you think that?

This year apart, has come across as the member with least amount of hunger to succeed. Now that he has tasted success, I wonder if he will go back to the dark side and choose to live on this one success.

I hope I'm wrong:frown

Snowy
29th September 2005, 03:03 PM
I guess that's why the hierarchy want him to sign a heavily performance-based contract. IMHO his contract should be 90% incentive based. That will stop the KFC indulgence.

stellation
29th September 2005, 05:15 PM
I guess it is just folk's perceptions, somethings don't change.

re: incentive based contract

I think it is pretty harsh to be shown one at the end of a season where he has clearly worked hard and where the coach has acknowledged that. It must feel like they have said "Do it, do it, do it... prove it to us"... "Okay, you have proved it to us, BUT". I am sure that you are just having a laugh to suggest his contract should be 90% performance based.

My understanding (which may be completely wrong) was that the new contract was based not so much as cutting out the money he is on now but putting portions of his (warranted) increases on a performance basis. So really like sitting down with your employer for a yearly review and they are saying "Okay, no commitment to an increase BUT we will increase your possible discetionary bonus".

Rizzo
29th September 2005, 05:23 PM
"However, Davis didn't hear any of his speech as he was being drug tested to get it out of the way so he could celebrate.

And celebrate he did."

11 secret herbs and spices?

NMWBloods
29th September 2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by S.U.D
This year apart, has come across as the member with least amount of hunger to succeed. Now that he has tasted success, I wonder if he will go back to the dark side and choose to live on this one success.
Or he may suddenly discover that it's really good to succeed and decide he likes the taste of it (more than KFC!).

Snowy
29th September 2005, 07:31 PM
I guess it is just folk's perceptions, somethings don't change.

re: incentive based contract

I think it is pretty harsh to be shown one at the end of a season where he has clearly worked hard and where the coach has acknowledged that. It must feel like they have said "Do it, do it, do it... prove it to us"... "Okay, you have proved it to us, BUT". I am sure that you are just having a laugh to suggest his contract should be 90% performance based.

My understanding (which may be completely wrong) was that the new contract was based not so much as cutting out the money he is on now but putting portions of his (warranted) increases on a performance basis. So really like sitting down with your employer for a yearly review and they are saying "Okay, no commitment to an increase BUT we will increase your possible discetionary bonus".

But Stellation I think that Roos needs to guard against any relapses and he's exactly the sort of player you don't guarantee money to, you make him earn it. Kirk is a different kettle and fish, they'd offer him increases knowing he's professional enough to do the work. Interesting that that South Aussie cricketer Cosgrove has been suspended due to arriving from the off-season in an unsatisfactory condition. Nick may be an early candidate for this by the sound of it.:D

Go Swannies
29th September 2005, 07:47 PM
Nick wasn't the only one of our elite athletes to wolf down the KFC on the night. And I never saw anyone (except Brett) without a beer in his hand throughout. Baz was sadly behind in consumption as I think they had him doing interviews until midnight.

I don't think you can judge the team's application and dedication on the week after winning the GF.

Nor should you judge the supporters on their alcoholic intake this week - and I've still got a bottle of Swans premiership champagne in a friend's fridge in Melbourne. Drunk yours yet Tuesday and Eirinn??

Mike_B
29th September 2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
And I never saw anyone (except Brett) without a beer in his hand throughout.

Even Crouchy? Or did he have a glass of wine in his hand the whole night?

stellation
29th September 2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Snowy
But Stellation I think that Roos needs to guard against any relapses and he's exactly the sort of player you don't guarantee money to, you make him earn it. Kirk is a different kettle and fish, they'd offer him increases knowing he's professional enough to do the work. Interesting that that South Aussie cricketer Cosgrove has been suspended due to arriving from the off-season in an unsatisfactory condition. Nick may be an early candidate for this by the sound of it.:D
You wouldn't go far in a union ;) A player being put onto a performance based contract whilst others are not kind of goes against the "one in, all in" mentality they are saying that the team is based on.

Rizzo
29th September 2005, 09:48 PM
Davo talking about back to back. I wouldn't worry too much.

lachlanc
29th September 2005, 10:40 PM
saw crouch say he had some grange on hand.

perfect occasion, if there ever was one, for him to indulge

punter257
30th September 2005, 05:13 AM
i had KFC for dinner tonight thanks to reading this thread today
and it was bloody bewdiful

thanks nick

BayesysLeftBoot
30th September 2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by lachlanc
saw crouch say he had some grange on hand.

perfect occasion, if there ever was one, for him to indulge Apparently when he injured himself in the international rules series last year the team bought him a bottle and all the players signed it. He said he was saving for a special occasion, can't imagine a more special one than this.