PDA

View Full Version : Thanks RWO'ers

Bunyip
30th September 2005, 04:28 PM
At the risk of turning things here on RWO into a total love-in, I wanted to express my thanks to everyone here for making the last week or so even more special. Sharing the experience with people via this forum has been a hoot.

I also wanted to commend people for what they have contributed to the success of 2005. One thing that has been a (minor) bummer this week have been the discussions, debates and finger-pointings in relation to the "real fan" versus bandwagoner. I implore everyone to enjoy the Swans' success however they want to.

Mel
30th September 2005, 04:39 PM
I've loved the last few months. My family are Swans-nuts like myself and we're always talking about them, but it's been great to discuss the team, club, highs and lows here. I'm so glad RWO got a mention in the SMH herald back in July. I might never have found it.

I feel a group hug coming on.

swansrule100
30th September 2005, 04:40 PM
group hug?

:eek:

you best keep your back against the wall i think

Xie Shan
30th September 2005, 04:54 PM
Or we could all hug our monitors simultaneously :p
or not!

NMWBloods
30th September 2005, 04:54 PM
No problem - to be honest it was pretty tough, but to my credit I put in 110% and accepted all the newbies and their tripe, and then dug deep to step up to the next level and at the end of the day it's all about the team.

satchmopugdog
30th September 2005, 04:55 PM
Group hug......ditto Kel Knight.

BayesysLeftBoot
30th September 2005, 04:58 PM
Well said, having so many great people on here to share the experience with has been fantastic and I'm sure RWO will give me my football fix during the off season.

In response to the bandwagon comment, I couldn't care less if someone has followed the swans for 1 year or 100 years, whether they're from Sydney, Melbourne or anywhere else in the world. As long as you support the red and white you're okay by me.

Doctor J.
30th September 2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by BayseysLeftBoot
As long as you support the red and white you're okay by me.

What he/she said

Lucky Knickers
30th September 2005, 05:03 PM
I joined when I lived in Singapore, hence the moniker (wish I could change). I love the encouragement of healthy debate.
My 2006 aim is to get to meet some of you swan-loving funsters!
I love that no-one has bagged me because I had a crush on Warwick Capper!!!!!!!!!

punter257
30th September 2005, 05:05 PM
i love RWO :)

what a top site

satchmopugdog
30th September 2005, 05:06 PM
Singapore... Meeting some of the others has been a highlight for me this year (but I do lead a sad and sorry life). I'm starting to get all teary.

cruiser
30th September 2005, 05:09 PM
Well said, having so many great people on here to share the experience with has been fantastic and I'm sure RWO will give me my football fix during the off season.

In response to the bandwagon comment, I couldn't care less if someone has followed the swans for 1 year or 100 years, whether they're from Sydney, Melbourne or anywhere else in the world. As long as you support the red and white you're okay by me.
Here here!

Its been an amazing journey shared with RWOers, family, friends and colleagues. Thanks eveyone ... yeah, even NMW and Charlie ;)

punter257
30th September 2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
Here here!

Its been an amazing journey shared with RWOers, family, friends and colleagues. Thanks eveyone ... yeah, even NMW and Charlie ;)

and footyhead! wish he was here to see us celebrating :D

NMWBloods
30th September 2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
You're just an old softy!

Bunyip
30th September 2005, 05:17 PM
I couldn't care less if someone has followed the swans for 1 year or 100 years, whether they're from Sydney, Melbourne or anywhere else in the world. As long as you support the red and white you're okay by me. [/B]

Nice one Bayseys.

And NMW...it wasn't easy writing the thread starter without using cliches you know:p Bring it on if you dare, but be warned, I helped write the Companion to Traditional and Modern Sporting Cliches, or, How to Sound Like you Care and Know What You're Talking About (Penguin, 2001).

cruiser
30th September 2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by punter257
and footyhead! wish he was here to see us celebrating :D
I'm sure he/she is watching.

BayesysLeftBoot
30th September 2005, 05:42 PM
One last thing I would like to add is that RWO has helped me understand the Sydney based fans a lot better and really given me the feeling that we are one big happy family (I've gone too far again haven't I?:D )

BayesysLeftBoot
30th September 2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by singaporeswan
I joined when I lived in Singapore, hence the moniker (wish I could change I know how you feel, My impatience to join up and start posting caused me to miss the fact I had actually mis-spelled Bayes and I've been stuck with it ever since. Hey Mods, is there anything you can do to help?

Plugger46
30th September 2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah great stuff from all involved.

Go Bloods.

Ruda Wakening
30th September 2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
You're just an old softy!

Is Cruiser old?

cruiser
30th September 2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Ruda Wakening
Is Cruiser old?
I chose to ignore that thanks Ruda, you should too. :p

Lucky Knickers
30th September 2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Bunyip
Companion to Traditional and Modern Sporting Cliches, or, How to Sound Like you Care and Know What You're Talking About (Penguin, 2001).

Highly recommend - Excellent read. A must have for every poster.
FIVE STARS!!!

SwallowdaFonz
30th September 2005, 06:35 PM
I know how you feel, My impatience to join up and start posting caused me to miss the fact I had actually mis-spelled Bayes and I've been stuck with it ever since. Hey Mods, is there anything you can do to help?

Yeah, I third that - how stupid is my moniker (it's a spoonerism, for anyone who was wondering)? But I don't want to seem like a newbie by registering a new one.

How about it Des?

NMWBloods
30th September 2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Bunyip
And NMW...it wasn't easy writing the thread starter without using cliches you know:p Bring it on if you dare, but be warned, I helped write the Companion to Traditional and Modern Sporting Cliches, or, How to Sound Like you Care and Know What You're Talking About (Penguin, 2001).

Two of my favourites!

I just felt like writing like a footy person talks that's all! :)

Jeffers1984
30th September 2005, 08:06 PM
Yes. We rule. Onya guys and girls.

SimonH
30th September 2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
No problem - to be honest it was pretty tough, but to my credit I put in 110% and accepted all the newbies and their tripe, and then dug deep to step up to the next level and at the end of the day it's all about the team. I just took it one post at a time.

goswannie14
30th September 2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Doctor J.
What he/she said

Or in Parlaimentary speak...here here!!!

Slick Swans
30th September 2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by SimonH
I just took it one post at a time.

And there was never talk of finals at any stage.;)

Cher
1st October 2005, 01:35 AM
I'd like to thank all youse RWO people who came partying and drinking with me after the game
http://members.westnet.com.au/cherswan/grandfinal/Page2.html

satchmopugdog
1st October 2005, 10:23 AM
Cher .....Thank you for those photos.. you have made me cry all over again.

My daughter just walked past saying,"Mum it's only football!"

Maybe it is but it is soooo good.

dread and might
1st October 2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by SimonH
I just took it one post at a time.

Importantly I got my structures right, went back to basics and i just want to pay credit to the rest of the boys (and girls).

dimelb
1st October 2005, 01:48 PM
It's great fun, and I enjoyed the chance to meet some of you (I mean I enjoyed meeting all the ones I met) on THE DAY. And having seen some of the alternatives, I will even express appreciation for all the work done by the mods.

GoSouth33
1st October 2005, 04:12 PM
Really nice photos Cher. I liked the inner sanctum of the "banner making". Oh....and BTW, I thought the banner was terrific.

BayesysLeftBoot
1st October 2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by BayesysLeftBoot
I know how you feel, My impatience to join up and start posting caused me to miss the fact I had actually mis-spelled Bayes and I've been stuck with it ever since. Hey Mods, is there anything you can do to help? A big thankyou goes out to whoever fixed it for me. :)

Tuesday
2nd October 2005, 12:08 AM
To echo the sentiments of (Captain) Kirk:
"I love the bloods and I love each and every one of yous".

Enough said. :)