PDA

View Full Version : Swans DVDs

Pages : [1] 2

ItsAllGoodes
1st October 2005, 08:23 AM
I was just cruising ezydvd's website and they had the following DVDs as being released on November 10

AFL Premiers 2005 - Season Highlights - $34.95
AFL Premiers 2005 - Victory Triple Pack (3 Disc Set) - $49.95

I am assuming the Victory triple pack would be the Geelong, StKilda and Grand Final games, but I am not sure. Any other thoughts?

desredandwhite
1st October 2005, 08:53 AM
I think the triple pack will have the two winning minor finals and one other match (possibly the Brisbane comeback game?). I'm pretty sure the triple packs from the last couple of years did not include the grand final, presumably so that people who bought it separately didn't have to double up.

garethb83
1st October 2005, 10:24 AM
Yeah last year for Port was the final game of the reg season (showdown) then their qualifying final and then the prelim final vs St Kilda...

Considering our final round was v Hawthorn, i doubt that'll be included, maybe the SCG game v WCE??

CureTheSane
1st October 2005, 10:26 AM
I saw the Flag DVD in Kmart yesterday.
Kmart usually have the premiership T-shirts but this year I found nothing :)

Anyway, the DVD was $29 and I nearly got it, then I wondered if tehre would be a box set so I didn't.

I'm hoping that the 3 disc set mentioned above has a season hilights package on one of the discs.

Would be great if they also had things like the parade, the aftermatch, the tickertape parade and interviews, but I won't hold my breath......

Refried Noodle
1st October 2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by CureTheSane
Would be great if they also had things like the parade, the aftermatch, the tickertape parade and interviews, but I won't hold my breath......

They are season highlights in our eyes but whether the producers agree, thats a different issue.

swansrule100
1st October 2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by ItsAllGoodes

AFL Premiers 2005 - Season Highlights - $34.95

only 27 bucks on devoted dvd

goswannie14
1st October 2005, 05:16 PM
I saw the Flag DVD in Kmart yesterday.
Kmart usually have the premiership T-shirts but this year I found nothing :)

Anyway, the DVD was $29 and I nearly got it, then I wondered if tehre would be a box set so I didn't.

I got the DVD at Kmart Campbellfield for $28.99, and they had a few t-shirts, but they were different to the ones at the ground. But I got one anyway:)

timbo
1st October 2005, 11:00 PM
anyone know if there is going to be an updated grand final dvd with the triple m and 3aw calls. would love to hear it, specially with gerad healy on 3aw. hasnt this been the case the last few years with the radio added as alternative.

swan_song
3rd October 2005, 02:08 PM
Maybe a bit late now, but we got out premiers dvd from DJs city store on parade day....only $25.....No wonder it was no1 on the DVD top 20!!!

jude_boltons_babe
4th October 2005, 01:55 PM
ill get it soon cant wait

Plugger46
4th October 2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by timbo
anyone know if there is going to be an updated grand final dvd with the triple m and 3aw calls. would love to hear it, specially with gerad healy on 3aw. hasnt this been the case the last few years with the radio added as alternative.

Not too sure they've done it before or not, but that sounds great. I'd love it.

GoSouth33
7th October 2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by timbo

I bought mine through the Herald Sun website and paid $37 odd (probably could have got it elsewhere cheaper but what the heck). It arrived yesterday and, it does have the three different calls on it ie Channel 10, 3AW and MMM. You can be watching the vision and toggle through the calls using the "audio" button on your remote. I was quite impressed (I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to these things!). Having already seen and heard the Channel 10 call on video replay I can now add a further dimension by also hearing the radio calls. A further bonus is that we were near one of the boom arm cameras and have spotted ourselves in the crowd shots on a few occasions. And DVDs are just great for doing "slowmos" and proving to the world, that yes, you were there!

ItsAllGoodes
8th October 2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by GoSouth33
I bought mine through the Herald Sun website and paid $37 odd (probably could have got it elsewhere cheaper but what the heck). It arrived yesterday and, it does have the three different calls on it ie Channel 10, 3AW and MMM. You can be watching the vision and toggle through the calls using the "audio" button on your remote. I was quite impressed (I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to these things!). Having already seen and heard the Channel 10 call on video replay I can now add a further dimension by also hearing the radio calls. A further bonus is that we were near one of the boom arm cameras and have spotted ourselves in the crowd shots on a few occasions. And DVDs are just great for doing "slowmos" and proving to the world, that yes, you were there!

I tried hitting the audio button on my dvd and it did nothing
I wonder if the DVDs that were released the day after the game have less functionality...and that I should have waited a while.....or maybe its my cheap DVD player?

Has anyone who bought the DVD very early been able to get the 3AW call?

Go Swannies
8th October 2005, 10:30 AM
I got mine a week after the game and it says the options are commentary on or off. It might become a Christmas present if there's another with3 alternate commentaries. If the 3 commentary one also the official one with the Weg Swan on the cover? Does it say it has three commentaries in the blub on the back?

GoSouth33
8th October 2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
I got mine a week after the game and it says the options are commentary on or off. It might become a Christmas present if there's another with3 alternate commentaries. If the 3 commentary one also the official one with the Weg Swan on the cover? Does it say it has three commentaries in the blub on the back?

My one has an "Official AFL" logo....it has the WEG Swan on the front and, on the back cover you will see the three logos for Ten, 3AW and MMM with the words underneath "You choose which call of the game from these three great commentary teams". I wonder now whether there are other versions. I might have a look around to see whether the DVDs at Rebel and Kmart are the same ones. It would be a pain in the @rse if they weren't the same product.

peterh_oz
9th October 2005, 11:17 PM
My one has an "Official AFL" logo....it has the WEG Swan on the front and, on the back cover you will see the three logos for Ten, 3AW and MMM with the words underneath "You choose which call of the game from these three great commentary teams". I wonder now whether there are other versions. I might have a look around to see whether the DVDs at Rebel and Kmart are the same ones. It would be a pain in the @rse if they weren't the same product.

Would love to have a 4th version ... The SYDNEY TripleM call.

Luffy is this possible?
Even on a CD (or bootleg mp3) would be good - something to listen to on the Hume next year!

peterh_oz
9th October 2005, 11:22 PM
http://ssl.dvdcrave.com/products/product.jsp?pid=23848

Note: Pre-order date

DVD - 2005 AFL Premiers Season Highlights

Product Code: 23848
Format: DVD
Release Date: 2005/11/10
Publisher: VISUAL
No. of Discs: 1
Region: 4
Compatibility: All listed DVDs are formatted to play on Australian systems (Region 4 and PAL), unless otherwise stated.
Ship Weight: 1
Availability: Pre Order Now! 2005/11/10
RRP: AUD $34.95
Our Price: AUD $30.67 Inc. GST
Currency Converter: Currency? Exc. GST

Product information, release date and pricing are subject to change - please contact us to verify any information.
Product Description:
Follow the journey that leads whoever takes the flag
in 2005 to their ultimate victoryThe Grand Final
Cup. Share in their battles and disappointments,
their victories and successes, all taking them closer
each week to the day that finally delivered the
greatest prize of all.
Supported by TV and Press advertising.

ItsAllGoodes
11th October 2005, 10:57 AM
I bought mine through the Herald Sun website and paid $37 odd (probably could have got it elsewhere cheaper but what the heck). It arrived yesterday and, it does have the three different calls on it ie Channel 10, 3AW and MMM. You can be watching the vision and toggle through the calls using the "audio" button on your remote.

Everyone I speak to claims that no such version of the DVD exists. I have spoken to the Herald-Sun Shop, AFL shop, the company that makes the DVD etc.

Are you able to take a pic of the back cover that clearly shows that it is the Swans DVD and has the Channel 10, 3AW etc calls?

I have a feeling that they have so many of the original left that they are playing dumb on any enhanced version.

Has anyone else seen this version?

elroy67
11th October 2005, 12:04 PM
Slightly off topic, but I managed to record the final quarter of the 3LO coverage of the grand final when it was replayed the next day.

I didn't have time to organise it properly and there is about 20 seconds missed when I had to turn the tape over. (don't laugh!!) I dont have the technology to convert it to MP3, but if there is there anyone in Melbourne who can help me, I could make it available for download.

Guzzitza
11th October 2005, 12:20 PM
i'm hoping there will be some way to get footage of the after party at punt oval, i was there and thought it was fantastic, and there were 2 rather professional looking cameras on the stage as well (or am i imaging things?) - so would love to see the footage of the player speeches and so forth

THERBS
11th October 2005, 01:37 PM
Yep, I want everything. GF Parade, game with ALL commentaries as options, post match, Punt Rd, SCG, Sydney Parade. Plus the other finals games plus season's highlight's.
Now that isn't greedy is it?

AussieAnge
11th October 2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by THERBS
Yep, I want everything. GF Parade, game with ALL commentaries as options, post match, Punt Rd, SCG, Sydney Parade. Plus the other finals games plus season's highlight's.
Now that isn't greedy is it?

What about the GF dinner and the Sunday morning at Lindsay Hassett Oval too?

Don't think it is being greedy sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Go Swannies
11th October 2005, 02:07 PM
I don't have video. But you can find images of just about everything on my website. Have a look - go to the Swans logo.

It's at:

link (http://www.davidmcgonigal.com.au)

FredFlintstone
11th October 2005, 03:25 PM
Everyone I speak to claims that no such version of the DVD exists. I have spoken to the Herald-Sun Shop, AFL shop, the company that makes the DVD etc.

Are you able to take a pic of the back cover that clearly shows that it is the Swans DVD and has the Channel 10, 3AW etc calls?

I have a feeling that they have so many of the original left that they are playing dumb on any enhanced version.

i went into Myer Sydney City yesterday(10/10/05) and spoke with a guy in the virgin music dept, he called the distributor and ask about the radio calls being available on the dvd for me....the lady at the other end indicated that both versions are available in Sydney, and the covers are identical to each other except the Dvd with the radio calls on it has this listed in the special features section on the back of the dvd cover. The guy from virgin said they had already been through 2 batches of discs and sold out and that this was the 3rd batch and we went through them all but they only had the 1st version still in stock, he indicated the next batch that they should get in a week or so' time should be the ones with radio call on them...very helpful indeed. Also checked JB HI FI in town too and the same situation there, the guy indicated that it was an extremely popular dvd too!

cruiser
11th October 2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by peterh_oz
http://ssl.dvdcrave.com/products/product.jsp?pid=23848

Note: Pre-order date

DVD - 2005 AFL Premiers Season Highlights
Has anyone seen this yet? If so, is it worth ordering?

Go Swannies
11th October 2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by cruiser

And I guess that's different from the 3DVD set? (The clue is that it's just one DVD.)

DST
11th October 2005, 09:23 PM

Anything with us going through a season and winning the PREMIERSHIP is worth ordering!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, if they are the same as previous years DVD's then yes it is. They will have highlights from the entire year, plus all the finals along with commentary from someone in the club like Roos or Barry Hall.

Well worth getting and keeping.

DST
:D

DST
11th October 2005, 09:25 PM
And I guess that's different from the 3DVD set? (The clue is that it's just one DVD.)

Yes, that will be a game during the year (probably the Lions at TS) along with both winning finals.

My only gripe is that they don't leave another two spots in the covering case for the GF and season highlights DVD.

Maybe someone could contact the distributor and ask for this to be done?

DST

goswannie14
11th October 2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by DST
Anything with us going through a season and winning the PREMIERSHIP is worth ordering!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, if they are the same as previous years DVD's then yes it is. They will have highlights from the entire year, plus all the finals along with commentary from someone in the club like Roos or Barry Hall.

Well worth getting and keeping.

DST
Guess I know what I'll be asking Santa for this Christmas:D

GoSouth33
11th October 2005, 11:04 PM

This is the mob whose name appears on my dvd back cover. The description doesn't say it's got the radio calls and unfortunately they don't show the back cover in their ad, only the front which is clearly the same. I notice also that the bar code is the same as mine. Whether it's precisely the same product I couldn't say. I'll photograph mine and attach the photo in a separate post.

http://www.sportsdelivered.com/afl/video_detail.asp?cat_no=AFVD353

GoSouth33
11th October 2005, 11:41 PM

OK, I've taken a photo-
http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/richard_kolo/detail?.dir=/8560&.dnm=195c.jpg

Good luck

goswannie14
11th October 2005, 11:43 PM
BUGGER, I got the other one and I'm already sick of the channel 10 call;)

j s
12th October 2005, 12:50 AM
OK, I've taken a photo-

Good luck
the barcode on mine is 9 314748 603531 - is yours the same?

Looks like the descriptive text on the back is unchanged - just reduced in size a bit to make way for the logos.

ItsAllGoodes
12th October 2005, 06:53 AM
OK, I've taken a photo-

Good luck

Thanks for that....I will have 'fun' showing that to people who are telling me that it doesnt exist

punter257
12th October 2005, 02:01 PM
i just bought the DVD with the various commentaries from my local AFL store (Galleria) for $39.95

******** yeah

Jeffers1984
12th October 2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by punter257
i just bought the DVD with the various commentaries from my local AFL store (Galleria) for $39.95

******** yeah

Anywhere online where i could get that DVD with the 3 calls?

Yaaay!! Finally made it to 1000 posts! bout bloody time!

swansrule100
12th October 2005, 02:08 PM

******** yeah

is it worth it?

punter257
12th October 2005, 02:21 PM
bloody oath - i would have paid even more probably

i'm watching the last qtr now with the MMM commentary and
its something different alright - sam newman is one bloody negative bastard

punter257
12th October 2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984

Yaaay!! Finally made it to 1000 posts! bout bloody time!

well on the back it has the sportsdelivered.com.au website on it so maybe try that

swansrule100
12th October 2005, 02:23 PM
bloody oath - i would have paid even more probably

i'm watching the last qtr now with the MMM commentary and
its something different alright - sam newman is one bloody negative bastard

if i leave work now, and why not im not doing any, can i come over and watch it?

ive got scrubs series 2 i could bring as well :P

punter257
12th October 2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by swansrule100
if i leave work now, and why not im not doing any, can i come over and watch it?

ive got scrubs series 2 i could bring as well :P

yeah everyone is welcome :D

and after i'm watching Alias - i'm hooked on this show at the moment after seeing for the 1st time last week

ScottH
12th October 2005, 02:30 PM
and after i'm watching Alias - i'm hooked on this show at the moment after seeing for the 1st time last week FOR THE FIRST TIME????? Where have you been????

Now we really do need the :rolleyes:!!!! :p

punter257
12th October 2005, 02:33 PM
yeah well i need the "hang me head in shame" emotion :(

god damn we were gone if banfield had have goaled instead of the poster - oh well thats a shame :D

swansrule100
12th October 2005, 02:34 PM
yeah well i need the "hang me head in shame" emotion :(

god damn we were gone if banfield had have goaled instead of the poster - oh well thats a shame :D

yeh but if oloughlin kicked goals for all his mark we would of coasted home!

j s
12th October 2005, 03:28 PM
You'll be taking a risk ordering it online. The only way to be sure is to physically turn the case over and look at the back.

Unless thay start mentioning the extra calls in the online descriptions of course - then you'll be bale to complain if you don't get the right one.

giant
12th October 2005, 05:38 PM
So just to confirm I've got this right, my optimal purchasing options appear to be:
- GF with 3 calls (@ about $10 more than the Ch 10 only option?)
- Seasons highlights showing all the good bits of the season
- the much vaunted 3 DVD set which is likely to contain semi, prelim & one other mighty victory

Is this a fair summary? Only 1st & 2nd are available at this time correct?

Gotta do something soon coz I'm already having withdrawal symptoms since FF stopped telecasting the GF replay!

cruiser
12th October 2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by giant
Gotta do something soon coz I'm already having withdrawal symptoms since FF stopped telecasting the GF replay!
I am so glad that there are bigger football tragics than me. ;)

AussieAnge
12th October 2005, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by giant
[B] GF with 3 calls (@ about $10 more than the Ch 10 only option?)
- Seasons highlights showing all the good bits of the season
- the much vaunted 3 DVD set which is likely to contain semi, prelim & one other mighty victory

Is this a fair summary? Only 1st & 2nd are available at this time correct?

QUOTE]

As far as I'm aware only the GF is currently available. I believe that the highlights and 3 dvd set are not released until 10/11/05 (according to ezydvd website).

GoSouth33
12th October 2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by j s
the barcode on mine is 9 314748 603531 - is yours the same?

Looks like the descriptive text on the back is unchanged - just reduced in size a bit to make way for the logos.

Yes j s, that is the barcode on mine and it's also the barcode on the sportsdelivered web site which refers to the dvd as having "a choice of Channel Ten commentary or plain soundtrack".. Just what they mean by plain soundtrack I've got no idea because mine has the 3AW and MMM calls as I've already said. I'd be stating quite clearly that I wanted the DVD with those three calls if I was placing an order.

I'm still trying to work Sam's role in the calls: is he the black hatter?.....he called the Jolly and Hall frees in the first quarter "passive" where other commentators might call them "soft".... I call them very legitimate frees (hehe) getting our own back after a long season of being on the wrong side of the ledger!

ROK Lobster
12th October 2005, 08:03 PM
Australian Football Video is proud to offer you our subscription offer. All 22 games of any AFL season from 2003 - 2005 packaged in your club's distinctive cover. All this, delivered to your door, for the great price of $399.00 for VHS and $575.00 for DVD (inc. GST).

goswannie14
12th October 2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Australian Football Video is proud to offer you our subscription offer. All 22 games of any AFL season from 2003 - 2005 packaged in your club's distinctive cover. All this, delivered to your door, for the great price of $399.00 for VHS and $575.00 for DVD (inc. GST).
Does it include finals???

I know that it said 22 games presumably home and away, but just wondered.:confused:

ItsAllGoodes
12th October 2005, 08:36 PM
For anyone (in Melbourne) that is interested

The GF DVD with Channel 10, 3AW and Triple MMM calls is available at JB Hi-Fi in the City for $27.99...may also be available at local JBs though I didnt see it at Ringwood on Saturday

The Herald Sun Shop claim they will have stock after lunch tomorrow (Thursday 13/10) at a higher price...something like $34.95-$36.95.

Xie Shan
12th October 2005, 08:42 PM
I was at JB Hifi in Bondi Junction today and no, they didn't have the 3 commentaries one. At least it didn't have the three logos (Ten, 3AW, MMM) on the back.

I'm waiting for the season highlights one - gotta be better than the 2003 DVD, I've heard this one has a much happier ending :)

j s
12th October 2005, 08:42 PM
Just what they mean by plain soundtrack I've got no idea That means no commentary at all! Just the crowd effects and umpire mikes.

Still has commentary on the intro part (understansable as watching people talk silently would be rather silly but they badly stuffed up the presentations. There is some kind of muffled (and inappropriate) music in the background. Someone really goofed bigtime!

This was all discussed in the first few days - I thinK Des was the first to report the problem.

I wonder if this flaw would be enough to demand a replacement of "merchantable" quality (which would have to be the new version as they are unlikely to remake the first)

ROK Lobster
12th October 2005, 08:45 PM
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvds/id/729176
Says "choice of commentary". Doesn't say whether you choose between Ch10 and nothing, or Ch10 and others. Would assume the latter.

goswannie14
12th October 2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvds/id/729176
Says "choice of commentary". Doesn't say whether you choose between Ch10 and nothing, or Ch10 and others. Would assume the latter.

Yeah, it also says the lap of honour...mine cuts out about halfway around...at the most:frown

giant
13th October 2005, 03:40 PM
Must have been following one of you around today as I went in search of the legendary multi-commentary option. No luck in Borders, Virgin (either Myers or Martin Place), J&B or even the bloody ABC shop. They did say that other people had been asking about it today tho!!

If someone finds a central or eastern Sydney location stocking it pls let me know.

desredandwhite
13th October 2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by j s
That means no commentary at all! Just the crowd effects and umpire mikes.

Still has commentary on the intro part (understansable as watching people talk silently would be rather silly but they badly stuffed up the presentations. There is some kind of muffled (and inappropriate) music in the background. Someone really goofed bigtime!

This was all discussed in the first few days - I thinK Des was the first to report the problem.

I wonder if this flaw would be enough to demand a replacement of "merchantable" quality (which would have to be the new version as they are unlikely to remake the first)

I quite like the no-commentary version at times - much closer to the feel of being there!

But yes, there is that odd audio mastering problem that was discussed earlier (I wasn't the first to report it, but I confirmed it a day or so later). The strange music (sounds like some stock royalty-free soundtrack thing) starts about the middle of the last quarter, ie: the bits that will be watched the most, and continues to the end of the disc.

Can anyone who has the multiple commentary DVD confirm if there is a "no commentary" option on that disc? It'd be a shame if the only version of that soundtrack was wrecked because of the audio problem.

j s
13th October 2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
Can anyone who has the multiple commentary DVD confirm if there is a "no commentary" option on that disc? It'd be a shame if the only version of that soundtrack was wrecked because of the audio problem.
Hopefully it's not the master copy of the 'no commentary' sound track that is stuffed.

warlock
13th October 2005, 07:17 PM
Help Me!!
I live in Brisbane and the only
Premiers DVD i can find is the single commentary
one. Does anyone know where i can pick the multiple
commentary up from?

Cheers,
Geoff

AussieAnge
13th October 2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by warlock
Help Me!!
commentary up from?

Cheers,
Geoff

I think the one on the Swans' website is one with the 3 commentaries. I base this on the cost of the dvd. I have just returned from wandering around the local shopping mall and checking out all the stores that sell dvds. The ones retailing for around the $30 mark are the single commentary and the more expensive ones $35+ are the triple commentary ones.
Hope this helps

AA

ItsAllGoodes
13th October 2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by AussieAnge
I think the one on the Swans' website is one with the 3 commentaries. I base this on the cost of the dvd. I have just returned from wandering around the local shopping mall and checking out all the stores that sell dvds. The ones retailing for around the $30 mark are the single commentary and the more expensive ones $35+ are the triple commentary ones.
Hope this helps

AA

This may not be the case...as usual price depends more on where you buy.

JB Hi Fi had the 3 commentary DVD for $28, the Herald Sun Shop sells it for $34.95 or $36.95...I cant remember which

Many shops bought bulk copies when the DVD first came out...that means they may have lots of the single commentary versions left

The only way to guarantee is to ring a supplier...or physically see the back cover

ItsAllGoodes
13th October 2005, 10:21 PM
Help Me!!
commentary up from?

Cheers,
Geoff

Try JB Hi Fi...and tell them that the Melbourne CBD store has it...maybe they can do an inter-store transfer

goswannie14
13th October 2005, 10:27 PM
Try JB Hi Fi...and tell them that the Melbourne CBD store has it...maybe they can do an inter-store transfer
I tried Highpoint JB and they didn't have it either...but then I do have the single commentary one so I can't be too greedy:p

goswannie14
13th October 2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by msabenny
In regards to the 3 box set. My brother informs me that it will include:

2005 Season Highlights
2005 Grand Final
and a
Movie of the 2005 season with the swans (similar to year of the dogs)
Is that all?????? What about the semi...and the PF:mad:

warlock
13th October 2005, 10:47 PM
Yes, ive preordered it and was hoping to get the Semi and PF. oh well looks like ill have to order them separately as well. Bugger

desredandwhite
13th October 2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by msabenny
In regards to the 3 box set. My brother informs me that it will include:

2005 Season Highlights
2005 Grand Final
and a
Movie of the 2005 season with the swans (similar to year of the dogs)

Hey Ben, what's your brother's source? It seems unlikely because going on previous years, they have always included all winning finals (excluding GF), plus a key match from the year.

There's also no way they'll have a doco ready IMO. I haven't heard anything about anyone planning to make one in 2005, and you would hope that they'd do it properly, if they made one. In 1996 when YOTD was made (a very very good doco, by the way), it was common knowledge that they were making it, AND it took months in post-prod.

I reckon it will be:

PF (Saints)
SF (Cats)
Regular Season game (Perhaps Eagles @ SCG, or Lions @ Gabba?)

warlock
13th October 2005, 10:57 PM
Hey Ben, what's your brother's source? It seems unlikely because going on previous years, they have always included all winning finals (excluding GF), plus a key match from the year.

There's also no way they'll have a doco ready IMO. I haven't heard anything about anyone planning to make one in 2005, and you would hope that they'd do it properly, if they made one. In 1996 when YOTD was made (a very very good doco, by the way), it was common knowledge that they were making it, AND it took months in post-prod.

I reckon it will be:

PF (Saints)
SF (Cats)

YAY! :D

desredandwhite
13th October 2005, 11:01 PM
YAY! :D

Remember, I take no responsibility in the event that I am wrong ;)

Something that happens frightfully often for my liking...

swansrule100
13th October 2005, 11:01 PM

I reckon it will be:

PF (Saints)
SF (Cats)

i was told it would include that basically the two winning finals and our best win of the year, whatever that may be.

DST
13th October 2005, 11:44 PM
While I can't see it happening, can you imagine how good would a warts and all fly on the wall docco of the 2005 year for the Swans would be.

I'd even camp out over night to see it first.

DST

swansrule100
13th October 2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by DST
While I can't see it happening, can you imagine how good would a warts and all fly on the wall docco of the 2005 year for the Swans would be.

I'd even camp out over night to see it first.

DST

hmm

roosy and the guys packing the tarago to go to the beach for training wow :p

swansrule100
14th October 2005, 12:03 AM
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/778698

DST
14th October 2005, 12:04 AM
hmm

roosy and the guys packing the tarago to go to the beach for training wow :p

That would be riveting viewing but more so the decision making processes of the football department and match commitee re team selection, match-ups for big games, playing style, work by the physio and medical staff to get players onto the ground and playing good footy.

All that would be just essential viewing.

DST

swansrule100
14th October 2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by DST
That would be riveting viewing but more so the decision making processes of the football department and match commitee re team selection, match-ups for big games, playing style, work by the physio and medical staff to get players onto the ground and playing good footy.

All that would be just essential viewing.

DST

in all seriousness i would love to watch that, am tempted to get that footy pack with year of the dog, the club and the great mccarthy or whatever it is, so i can watch the documentry behind the scenes with ron barrassi and the kangaroos

timbo
14th October 2005, 12:09 AM

no way the one at the gabba, its only one quarter. probably get the best 4 quarter effort: roos, eagles, lions at telstra, bombers or eagles.

scrap eagles cause theres already a couple of finals with them. bombers maybe as its a close match and breaks a hoodoo. roos because its a lead up to the finals. and lions beacuase its the biggest win of the year. (hawks games were also good).

AussieAnge
14th October 2005, 06:21 PM
I wonder whether the 3 dvd set will have a choice of commentaries for the QF & PF. I'd like the option to listen to the MMM commentary, particularly for the Cats game.

peterh_oz
17th October 2005, 04:37 PM
I wonder whether the 3 dvd set will have a choice of commentaries for the QF & PF. I'd like the option to listen to the MMM commentary, particularly for the Cats game.

I still want the Sydney MMM version

tantrum
17th October 2005, 07:37 PM

If Sam Newman is involved, I'd give that one a miss. He was seriously the worst commentator I've ever heard for the Swans v Eagles match in the first week of the finals. Kept on moaning about Channel 10 not showing any highlights the whole game - surely they couldn't accompany this with the Ch 10 vision for posterity on a DVD?

I liked the 3AW call for the PF a lot. But I didn't hear a radio call for the Cats game.

giant
18th October 2005, 09:31 AM
Has anyone spotted the multi-commentary version in Sydney CBD yet?

barry
18th October 2005, 01:41 PM
Has anyone spotted the multi-commentary version in Sydney CBD yet?

HMV in Pitt St Mall have it.

EMJ
18th October 2005, 02:10 PM
How much is it at Pitt st mall please? Is is just titled Swans GF 2005?

barry
18th October 2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by janpa
How much is it at Pitt st mall please? Is is just titled Swans GF 2005?

$34.99 I think. Not sure of the exact title, but all the ones I saw had the 3 calls on the back.

AussieAnge
18th October 2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by tantrum
If Sam Newman is involved, I'd give that one a miss. He was seriously the worst commentator I've ever heard for the Swans v Eagles match in the first week of the finals. Kept on moaning about Channel 10 not showing any highlights the whole game - surely they couldn't accompany this with the Ch 10 vision for posterity on a DVD?

I liked the 3AW call for the PF a lot. But I didn't hear a radio call for the Cats game.

I'm not a Sam Newman fan and have no interest in listening to him. I was referring to the MMM call with Troy Luff, Sam Kekovich and Mark Beretta.

giant
18th October 2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by barry
HMV in Pitt St Mall have it.

Well played barry! My afternoon just got busier!!

Jeffers1984
18th October 2005, 04:19 PM
This is for anyone who wants it online.

Probably best to get your arse to HMV Pitt street to be doubley sure though.

http://www.hmv.com.au/product/dvd.asp?sku=991612

giant
18th October 2005, 05:00 PM
Yeehaaa! Got it. Once more my life has meaning.

airpoe
18th October 2005, 05:07 PM
Hi, everyone just joined!!

Damn I got the dvd with ch10 commentary only! $36

I will get the one with 3 commentary as well!

Anyone know where I can find the cheapest one in Sydney CBD & where?

Does the 3 commentary DVD cut the victory lap after 30 seconds (which is what the one i got does).

craigusvegas
18th October 2005, 06:28 PM
has anyone bought the gf with the 3 commentaries online?
I rang the swans merchandise hotline and they only have the single commentary. living in northern nsw does have disadvantages after all.
all the major dept stores within cooee don't have any versions. and want to make sure I get the right one - and online it has to be.

goswannie14
18th October 2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by airpoe
Hi, everyone just joined!!

Damn I got the dvd with ch10 commentary only! $36

Does the 3 commentary DVD cut the victory lap after 30 seconds (which is what the one i got does).

Yeah I was pretty ticked off that the victory lap ended up being about a victory 20 metres:mad:

j s
18th October 2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Yeah I was pretty ticked off that the victory lap ended up being about a victory 20 metres:mad:
The problem is space - to put more victory lap would have meant compressing everything more and therefore losing picture quality.

airpoe
18th October 2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by j s
The problem is space - to put more victory lap would have meant compressing everything more and therefore losing picture quality.

Err what about double disc, i would of been happy to chuck in a few bucks

DST
18th October 2005, 08:43 PM
Does anyone know if Channel 10 are selling the entire day including pre match entertainement, full game and total after match on a couple of DVD's?

Maybe worth a call to channel 10 direct to see if they are selling something like above themselves.

As I was at the game, still have not seen the entire victory lap which is annoying me no end.

DST

Jeffers1984
18th October 2005, 10:26 PM
The Channel 10 coverage of the Victory lap was awesome. They had a crossover with Tadhg talking to Jo (his sister) in Ireland. After that the camera panned to more victory lap celebrations with We are the Champions playing on the PA. The bit that makes me smile the most is when the song builds up to the chorus, Jude Bolton jumps onto the platform of the boundary barricade with Swans fans supporting as he almost falls into the crowd. Then as the chorus begins, Jude lifts the trophy to the smiles and cheers of the crowd behind him.

RogueSwan
19th October 2005, 09:39 AM
They had a crossover with Tadhg talking to Jo (his sister) in Ireland.
That was pretty ordinary. Obviously they couldn't hear each other properly and was a waste of air time.

Sanecow
19th October 2005, 12:24 PM
It was a good idea poorly executed.

anne
19th October 2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by craigusvegas
has anyone bought the gf with the 3 commentaries online?
I rang the swans merchandise hotline and they only have the single commentary. living in northern nsw does have disadvantages after all.
all the major dept stores within cooee don't have any versions. and want to make sure I get the right one - and online it has to be. We got the 3 commentary one for $28 at JB hifi in Melbourne. The channel 10 audio is easily the best. The others did a lot of screaming and yelling and rubbishing of the Swans.

goswannie14
19th October 2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
It was a good idea poorly executed.

Seems to sum up Channels 10's coverage of AFL perfectly doesn't it...lots of good ideas, but not executed particularly well:mad:

airpoe
19th October 2005, 10:18 PM
Most stores in Sydney CBD are closed at 6:30!!

Well I found that HMV was opened and saw their was only 3 2005 swans dvd on the rack. Two with ch10 commentary only, but at the back there was one with 3aw, ch10 & triple M. But it was 34.99. So I held back!!

To my surprise was below the swans dvd was the NRL 2005 GF dvd's and there was heaps, maybe no one is buying any:eek:

ROK Lobster
19th October 2005, 10:20 PM

To my surprise was a below the swans dvd was the NRL 2005 GF dvd's and there was heaps, maybe no one is buying any:eek: Say what?

The Boot
19th October 2005, 11:34 PM
Yeah after reading this thread I quickly onsold my first copy to someone in the office for a song. Then logged on to VEG (sportsdelivered) and "fell" for the small print (extra commentary .. yeah riiight) and $45 later ... YES, $45 I kid you not!! I am gobsmacked to receive today the std version (no logos on back). What the .. ???

After calling their Sth Melbourne office at lunctime I had still received no answer by close of business.

Very ... very ... disappointed.

:mad:

airpoe
20th October 2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by The Boot
Yeah after reading this thread I quickly onsold my first copy to someone in the office for a song. Then logged on to VEG (sportsdelivered) and "fell" for the small print (extra commentary .. yeah riiight) and $45 later ... YES, $45 I kid you not!! I am gobsmacked to receive today the std version (no logos on back). What the .. ???

After calling their Sth Melbourne office at lunctime I had still received no answer by close of business.

Very ... very ... disappointed.

:mad:
I know, before you buy something from a website they reply to ur emails after you buy it they don't reply. it pretty typical!!

If your office friend "emeny" finds out he won't be happy!!

Go Swannies
20th October 2005, 03:15 PM
I was in the city today and had a look at JB HiFi - they only had the one commentary version. So went to HMV and found they had both - bought the multiple commentary one for $34.95 (I think that was the price).

Anyone want to buy a single commentary DVD? It would not have been played more than 100 times, tops. Collectors item - let's say $80. Or you'll find it on EBay for $200 in a month or so.

While looking through the rack at HMV I found one copy of the Sydney Swans Highlights for 2003. It has Roos making comments before and after the highlights of each round. Also great interviews with Nick D after the Pies game where he kicked the goal that secured us the win. Anyone else ever seen this DVD before?

Incidentally, the HMV staff said that the two versions are driving them nuts - there is no difference in either store code or bar code so they don't know what they are getting before they open each box.

j s
20th October 2005, 04:18 PM
Incidentally, the HMV staff said that the two versions are driving them nuts - there is no difference in either store code or bar code so they don't know what they are getting before they open each box.
I'm not surprised! It's driving us nuts too!

Does the the alternate commentary version still have the "No commentary" option? I haven't seen that question answered yet (though I may have missed it).

What I suggest you do David is take the original back to HMV (with your new docket) and exchange it for a copy of the new version.

Go Swannies
20th October 2005, 04:49 PM
There doesn't seem to be a "no commentary" option.
And I just bought the extra DVD - the first one will be a Xmas present to my nephew who is moving to Quebec and needs a cultural perspective when he's homesick.

possumfeatures
20th October 2005, 04:56 PM
The 'no commentary' option is not listed as an option on the main audio menu. However, if you use the 'audio' button on your remote and flick through the options whilst the dvd is playing, you will find that the final option is the 'no commentary' option. You do get crowd noise (seems slightly delayed) and strange wafts of background music from time to time.

I can't bring myself to listen to the MMM commentary. 3AW is fun because of all the involuntary gasps and groans and for Gerard Healy tearing up at the end.

EMJ
20th October 2005, 05:25 PM
HMV stores do hve the DVD - but it is coded wrong - so be careful you get the right one - they slipped up on us today - but finally lucky and secured the right one.

airpoe
20th October 2005, 05:28 PM

Yes, buy it 2moro and then swap my no commentary for the 3 commentary one!

So i'll have 2 of the same dvd, just in case one cracks or something

Also went to JBHIFI at bondi junction but they only have the ch10 one!

Jeffers1984
20th October 2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by janpa
HMV stores do hve the DVD - but it is coded wrong - so be careful you get the right one - they slipped up on us today - but finally lucky and secured the right one.
So what to look out for is the 3 logos at the back of the DVD to make doubley sure that it is the correct one?

Go Swannies
20th October 2005, 05:53 PM
So what to look out for is the 3 logos at the back of the DVD to make doubley sure that it is the correct one?

Yes. You can't miss them. But HMV had them mixed in with the Ch10 only ones.

Jeffers1984
20th October 2005, 05:58 PM
Yes. You can't miss them. But HMV had them mixed in with the Ch10 only ones.
Thanks David. I'm heading to Pitt Street now to get my hands on this prized possesion.

Go Swannies
20th October 2005, 06:30 PM
Thanks David. I'm heading to Pitt Street now to get my hands on this prized possesion.

Wait until you hear Rex predict an Eagles win in the last quarter: "you can only scrag for so long".

Go Swannies
20th October 2005, 06:35 PM
Serious question: does anyone know Luffy - or how to contact him? There are probably quite a few of us that would love to hear/have the 2MMM commentary and he could organise it.

I emailed 2MMM yesterday but haven't heard back.

liz
20th October 2005, 06:55 PM
Serious question: does anyone know Luffy - or how to contact him? There are probably quite a few of us that would love to hear/have the 2MMM commentary and he could organise it.

I emailed 2MMM yesterday but haven't heard back.

I think one of our semi-regular posters, Troy34, knows him a bit!

Go Swannies
20th October 2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by liz
I think one of our semi-regular posters, Troy34, knows him a bit!

Liz, I know that - but I think someone already posted a note to him and he hasn't posted since he let us know about the "How did you feel" archive. He might be away.

Troy, if you do get a chance to read this, any chance of it happening?

Ruda Wakening
20th October 2005, 07:14 PM
Serious question: does anyone know Luffy - or how to contact him?

I just sent him a SMS to let him know.

AussieAnge
20th October 2005, 07:14 PM
[
While looking through the rack at HMV I found one copy of the Sydney Swans Highlights for 2003. It has Roos making comments before and after the highlights of each round. Also great interviews with Nick D after the Pies game where he kicked the goal that secured us the win. Anyone else ever seen this DVD before?
[/B]
Yes I received it as my gift in the office Kris Kringle/Secrect Santa thingy. Someone must like me as they were only supposed to spend $10

troy34
20th October 2005, 08:30 PM
Hey guys. Thanks to Ruda Awakening I saw your message. Please feel free to contact me via a private message and I will give you my email address and I will see what I can do to help. We do get copies of the Triple M call and I am sure they have kept it for future listening.

Luffy

Jeffers1984
20th October 2005, 09:41 PM
OK. I've got my copy of the 3 calls, however i have to warn you that there was only one copy left of this version at the Pitt Street HMV. I had to go through every single Swans GF DVD on the shelves to find my copy as it was bunched up with all the single commentary versions.

Go Swannies
21st October 2005, 12:53 AM
Wow Jeffers - there were about six copies there when I looked at 12.30pm today!

Troy - I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full.

Piobaireachd
21st October 2005, 10:29 AM
Troy34, I don't know if this would be possible but...

what about handing a copy of the call over to the RWO powers that be for them to put up on the site? That way, everyone would have access and it would be less work for yourself. Just a thought

GoBloods
21st October 2005, 02:26 PM
sanity at marrickville metro has the dvd withthe 3 different commentaries for $35

desredandwhite
21st October 2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Piobaireachd
Troy34, I don't know if this would be possible but...

what about handing a copy of the call over to the RWO powers that be for them to put up on the site? That way, everyone would have access and it would be less work for yourself. Just a thought

Might struggle to host the full call!!!

But if there are no problems with copyright issues (Luffy? Do you have any idea?) I'm happy to edit a short highlights clip and store it on RWO for downloading, at least over the off-season.

Stevie Wright
21st October 2005, 03:24 PM
Istn it much cheaper to simply record the game from Fox Footy?

desredandwhite
21st October 2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Stevie Wright
Istn it much cheaper to simply record the game from Fox Footy?

Well, yes.

But if you do that, you'll just get the standard channel 10 commentary. And you won't get the same level of quality if you try to burn on DVD. There is the Foxtel IQ HDD unit, but to burn to DVD, you're still going to need to go through a D-A-D conversion whichever way you go.

For the sheer convenience of having a very good video transfer on a single dual-layer disc, along with 3 or 4 different commentaries, the DVD is a pretty good buy.

Stevie Wright
21st October 2005, 03:35 PM
i watch the game for the game...not the commentary...who cares what quartermain is prattling on about

desredandwhite
21st October 2005, 03:47 PM
i watch the game for the game...not the commentary...who cares what quartermain is prattling on about

Then you'll save $30+ by recording off fox :)

It's all about how much you're willing to pay for what you get. I think it's pretty good value. With consumer equipment, you could probably get pretty close to the quality level by yourself, but with a few hours work (recording the game, editing, syncing up the extra commentaries, mastering the DVD, encoding the video for about 17 hours), and $6-7 on a blank dual layer disc anyway. Sod that for a joke :)

Stevie Wright
21st October 2005, 03:51 PM
Alternatively I'm sure those same $40 DVD's are downloadable off the net for nothing....thus saving the money and still getting the picture quality and wafflings of random comentators

Sanecow
21st October 2005, 03:56 PM
You can just get a car from a car park too, but it's best to purchase one.

Stevie Wright
21st October 2005, 04:03 PM
nah....easier to download a file than steal a car...for a start u gotta pick all the glass out ya butt

Sanecow
21st October 2005, 04:05 PM
If you choose a crime based on how easy it is to commit, you must have a swag of old handbags.

Stevie Wright
21st October 2005, 04:15 PM
nope...havent found one that matches my shoes yet

Sanecow
21st October 2005, 04:17 PM
Shoes are much harder to steal unless you have only one foot.

Stevie Wright
21st October 2005, 04:23 PM
I could take em while their attention is elsewhere watching a dvd

airpoe
21st October 2005, 04:23 PM
Alternatively I'm sure those same $40 DVD's are downloadable off the net for nothing....thus saving the money and still getting the picture quality and wafflings of random comentators
Its too hard to find.

Also if you buy the DVD part of the proceeds go to your club (swans).

desredandwhite
21st October 2005, 05:28 PM

Beg to differ (potentially).

You COULD download it, but then again you would have to:

1) Find it. This depends on having enough people on the p2p networks willing to host and share an 8 GB file, which is unlikely, or find it on a website willing to host an 8 GB file, also rather unlikely.

2) Download it. At an "average" broadband speed of 512kbps, assuming you achieve the full speed (this is directly linked to the number of people sharing on p2p, or bandwidth of server, as above), a full DVD image would take 34 hours or so. God help you if you have download limits, or throttling.

3) Burn it. You'll need a dual layer burner and a dual layer disc, which would be about $6-7

So not really worth the trouble, IMO. I'll wear the $30 cost :) Plus of course, downloading pirated DVDs is A Bad Thing, and less money goes to the club.

airpoe
21st October 2005, 11:37 PM
I got the ch10 only commentary one, and when you go and see the WC stats they are under the wrong column.

Is this the same as the 3 commentary one?
:(

goswannie14
21st October 2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by GoBloods
sanity at marrickville metro has the dvd withthe 3 different commentaries for $35
Does it have the full lap of honour on it???:confused:

DST
22nd October 2005, 05:12 PM
Does it have the full lap of honour on it???:confused:

Neither versions have it, which is a shame.

Hopefully we will get some sort of deluxe edition sometime around christmas which gives us a full version of events on the day in a nice fancy box.

DST

troy34
23rd October 2005, 09:51 PM
Hey everyone,
Sorry for taking a while to reply again. I have contacted Triple M in regard to getting a copy of the call from the Grand Final and as soon as I get news as the Production guy has been away until tomorrow I will let everyone know. If I get one copy then it can be copied and given out.
Luffy

cruiser
23rd October 2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by troy34
Hey everyone,
Sorry for taking a while to reply again. I have contacted Triple M in regard to getting a copy of the call from the Grand Final and as soon as I get news as the Production guy has been away until tomorrow I will let everyone know. If I get one copy then it can be copied and given out.
Luffy
Onya Luffy, thanks.

Grant
23rd October 2005, 11:36 PM
Spoke to owner of AFL shop at Knox,and he said he is getting in the DVD multi pack with,Semi final,prelim final ,grand final and highlights disc of the year,can't wait.
Should see all the PREMIERS stuff they have in there its unbelievable!

airpoe
24th October 2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Grant
Spoke to owner of AFL shop at Knox,and he said he is getting in the DVD multi pack with,Semi final,prelim final ,grand final and highlights disc of the year,can't wait.
Any I dea on when is it released? Is it a general release or just vic/h sun?

Hope it will be the full games of SF, PF & GF, will all have alternative commentary?

ItsAllGoodes
24th October 2005, 07:26 AM
I believe its due for release on November 10.
It should be available at all good DVD shops...as well as a few dodgy ones

Not sure if the Triple Pack will have the Grand Final...general concensus is that it will be the Semi (Geelong), Prelim (Stkilda) and a key game from throughout the year...as to include the GF would hinder sales of the GF DVD

The Knox AFL shop is always good for Swans gear as the owners are Swans fans

goswannie14
24th October 2005, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Grant

Best display I have seen..but as has been said ...they are Swans supporters...so it's not surprising. Can't wait to get the 3 pack...but I have a feeling I might be getting it for Christmas.:D

Wardy
24th October 2005, 08:22 AM
Got the last 3 commentary DVD at HMV Miranda on Saturday.

Did anyone notice that there was no footage of Roos coming onto the ground - yet they got Worsfold. (and if this has been mentioned previously - apologies)

Also, they didnt show Roos embracing the players at all, it seemed, from the very limited coverage, that he looked so non plussed about it - yet I'm sure that he was going banana's like the rest of us - But channel 10 got Worsfold consoling his players.

Admittedly at that point we were still at that embracing total strangers in the stand stage, but Channel 10 should have got that footage of Roos coming onto the ground like Mark Williams and Leigh Matthews before him.

watched it 3 times with each different commentary (I never tire of it)

cant wait to add the highlights package DVD too it.

goswannie14
24th October 2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Wardy
Also, they didnt show Roos embracing the players at all, it seemed, from the very limited coverage, that he looked so non plussed about it - yet I'm sure that he was going banana's like the rest of us - But channel 10 got Worsfold consoling his players.

Admittedly at that point we were still at that embracing total strangers in the stand stage, but Channel 10 should have got that footage of Roos coming onto the ground like Mark Williams and Leigh Matthews before him.
It's par for the course for 10...miss the important bits. But show the eagles. Wouldn't you think they would have more than 1 camera at the ground. Either the cameramen stuffed up or the producer.

I would have thought that they could have fixed that up on the DVD for sale, but that might take some work.

I HATE CHANNEL 10'S FOOTBALL COVERAGE...IT SUCKS:mad:

Go Swannies
24th October 2005, 09:42 AM
It is simply unbelievable that they got NO footage of Roos reaction when the siren finally went. It would have been one of the defining moments of the year but nope, they missed it.

giant
24th October 2005, 01:30 PM
Who's the miserable old coot on the MMM commentary constantly whinging about the quality of the football like an AFL version of Neil Harvey? Sounds like it might be Brian Taylor? Really, why would you have an old fool like that in your commentary team?

Wardy
24th October 2005, 01:45 PM
and when Taylor said that Hall & Gaspar were both thugs I thought that was a bit rich coming from a player like him.
He has a very short memory on some the things he used to do at Collingwood.
(and I think he's trying to sound a bit too much like old Lou Richards) Sam newman was annoying too.

Jeffers1984
24th October 2005, 01:57 PM
The 3AW call was clearly the best out of the 3. Rex is a great commentator. Passes off to Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrpunda!

airpoe
24th October 2005, 03:32 PM
I liked when Rex said

"what's wrong with the clock you bastards."

What I was thinking exactly!!

AussieAnge
27th October 2005, 09:01 AM
Have finally got around to watching the game through with all three commentaries.
The MMM one is woeful, very eaglecentric they seemed only to notice transgressions against Eagle players but failed to notice any free kicks that should/could have gone the Swans way. Newman has all the personality of a wet lettuce and didn't have anything constructive to add. It annoyed me that they saw things that weren't there (e.g. in the third quarter the ball comes into the Eagles' attacking 50 toward Chick, Kennelly jumps to spoil and they reckoned it should have been a free kick to Chick - I was shouting at the tv: "why?"). It also bugged me that in the fourth quarter they were saying things like "you can't expect to win a GF when you don't kick any goals in a quarter, the Eagles have got this" - they conveniently forgot to mention that the Eagles failed to kick any goals in the second quarter. Grr.
Both the 3AW and Channel 10 commentaries are good, both balanced and fair. I enjoyed Rex referring to LRT as the Norm Smith medalist.
Would love to hear the MMM commentary broadcast in Sydney. Perhaps they could do a cd with their commentaries of all the Swans' finals. I'm sure it would sell OK, particularly with Christmas coming up.
As for the game, the more you watch it the more you notice. Still think Monty had a great game and would have been deserving of the NS medal. Noticed more of the things Crouch did, which we didn't notice at the ground. Disappointed with the conversion rate in relation to the number of shots we had or times in 50. There were a number of culprits. MOL had a great game, apart from his kicking for goal, took some fantastic marks and outplayed Chick. Loved the look on Ben Mathew's face in the second quarter when he was chasing Fletcher and the ball popped out of his arms into Ben's - priceless.
The only thing that disappointed me about the game was that three of the Swans players didn't shake the hands of the Auskick kids (who were giving them the medals) and one of them steered/pushed one of the kids out of the way so he could use the microphone - poor form IMO.
Phew - I think that is my longest post ever. Think I'll go and watch the game again.

goswannie14
27th October 2005, 09:04 AM
I liked when Rex said

"what's wrong with the clock you bastards."

What I was thinking exactly!!
That's about all of the 3AW commentary that I have heard...it did make me laugh:D

Wardy
27th October 2005, 09:37 AM
Gotta say though that I laughed when JB on the MMM commentary said after Chick did his handstand "thats pretty hard to do when you only have 9 fingers" well it appealed to my wierd sense of humour!

But I reckon the Sydney MMM will be a ripper - (look forward to hearing it one day Luffy!!!)

sharpie
27th October 2005, 10:03 AM
But I reckon the Sydney MMM will be a ripper - (look forward to hearing it one day Luffy!!!)

For sure. I was actually really disappointed when I watched the DVD with the MMM commentary only to find out it wasnt the Sydney MMM team. Very disappointed.

j s
27th October 2005, 01:55 PM
Would love to hear the MMM commentary broadcast in Sydney. Perhaps they could do a cd with their commentaries of all the Swans' finals. I'm sure it would sell OK, particularly with Christmas coming up.
Would be nice to have. Wouldn't fit on an audio CD though (74 min max).

Voice quality MP3 might fit but not sure.

I'd be happy with just the GF.

troy34
27th October 2005, 05:30 PM
To all those interested in obtaining a copy of the Triple M call I have spoken to the production guy and he is getting me a copy that I can give to one of you guys and you can make as many copies as you like. Unfortunately I am not on the call as I was in Jakarta at another function cheering the boys on. I will keep you updated when I get it
Luffy

goswannie14
28th October 2005, 09:11 AM
The Luffster comes through again!!!

RogueSwan
28th October 2005, 09:31 AM
It's true.
"We can't get enuff of that wonderful Luff!

Sanecow
28th October 2005, 12:39 PM
The purchase price should be a slab for Luffy.

RogueSwan
28th October 2005, 01:53 PM
I don't think he would live long enough to get through them all.

Xie Shan
28th October 2005, 01:57 PM
If there was ever a drawback of having gone to the grand final (and I did say 'IF' - knowing full well that there wasn't!!! :D ) it would have been not being able to listen to Triple M Sydney's call in Melbourne. I got used to having the MMM call in one ear at most of the SCG games this year!

I listened to the ABC call on and off on GF day but that went out the window in the last quarter as Section M32 was erupting around me ;)

airpoe
28th October 2005, 08:13 PM
Don't know if this is mentioned but here's what I found.

AFL PREMIERS - 2005 SYDNEY SWANS: VICTORY GOLD PACK (5 DVD'S)

which describes as:

This fantastic collection has the 3 qualifying games, plus the Grand Final DVD, containing extra features AND the 2005 Premiers highlights program ?Bloodstained Angels?.

Release Date: Thu 10 Nov 2005
Price: AUD$89.96

I'll wait till its in the shops and actually see what it contains before rushing out to buy it. Hope it is better than the GF DVD features.

goswannie14
28th October 2005, 08:15 PM
Sounds great Airpoe...I'll have to tell Santa:D

swansrule100
28th October 2005, 11:31 PM
Don't know if this is mentioned but here's what I found.

which describes as:

This fantastic collection has the 3 qualifying games, plus the Grand Final DVD, containing extra features AND the 2005 Premiers highlights program ?Bloodstained Angels?.

I'll wait till its in the shops and actually see what it contains before rushing out to buy it. Hope it is better than the GF DVD features.

got a link for that

ItsAllGoodes
29th October 2005, 06:26 AM
Here is a link..not sure its the same one

http://www.sanity.com.au/product.asp?intProductID=651338&intArtistID=184908

airpoe
29th October 2005, 10:23 AM
Here is a link..not sure its the same one

http://www.sanity.com.au/product.asp?intProductID=651338&intArtistID=184908
Yes its this one!!

But on HMV website its more expensive but say its already released?

Refried Noodle
29th October 2005, 03:38 PM

Three qualifying games? are they gonna put the daylight robbery game in?
Hope those 'features' are the multi commentary.

goswannie14
29th October 2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Refried Noodle
Three qualifying games? are they gonna put the daylight robbery game in?
Hope those 'features' are the multi commentary.
I hope the features include the lap of honour!

Refried Noodle
29th October 2005, 04:45 PM
Also looking at the sanity site they have this:

http://www.sanity.com.au/product.asp?intProductID=643574&intArtistID=184908

Which is the GF with multi-commentary and it also says with the lap of honour uninterrupted.

goswannie14
29th October 2005, 04:52 PM

Which is the GF with multi-commentary and it also says with the lap of honour uninterrupted.

You beauty

Dear Santa,
For Christmas can I please have.......;)

ItsAllGoodes
29th October 2005, 06:58 PM

Be careful it actually says "....from the line-up to the lap of honour uninterrupted"

This will probably just mean that you can watch from the start to the finish without interruption...i.e no commercials

ItsAllGoodes
4th November 2005, 06:28 AM
The front cover of the Highlights DVD....THAT MARK!!!!

http://www.sanity.com.au/product.asp?intProductID=651339&intArtistID=22749

RogueSwan
14th November 2005, 08:03 AM
I just saw that EzyDVD, Eastgardens, had three copies of the GF (with three 3 commentaries) on the shelf. This was yesterday (sunday 13th).
$35 each.
Personally I am holding out for the box set.

Mark Busuttil
14th November 2005, 07:01 PM
FYI, I posted an update on the 3 DVD's Thread. Victory DVD (3 DVD's) & Victory Gold (5 DVD's) have been delayed in release til Wednesday. Somebody reckons that Gold pack will be about $80 in K-Mart so suggest you hold off unitl they are released. Also, got the number of the distributor (as per other thread). The 3 pack DVD will not contain any specific game from start to fininsh, but will just be highlights of the whole year (will await release to confirm this, would rather buy a 3 pack with the winning finals).

This Premiership is sending me broke BIG TIME!!!!! (but I'm lovin it)

Refried Noodle
14th November 2005, 09:48 PM
The Victory/Victory Gold packs in the past have been the final release of Premiership teams in the past so one would presume that these are the DVD's to get.

lachlanc
15th November 2005, 10:20 PM
Have already put in my request for a GF DVD as what will probably be my only Christmas present (other 40 year old Dads - and Mums for that matter - will know what I mean here)

The various commentary does not really interest me apart from the possibility of hearing Gerard Healy's call. Did anyone hear it and is it worth going out of the way to get.

I'm happy just to get the Channel 10 version - or whatever it was - I watched on GF day.

Only complaint I had with their coverage was that it didn't show Roos at the moment the siren blew - has anyone seen his reaction?

goswannie14
15th November 2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by lachlanc

Only complaint I had with their coverage was that it didn't show Roos at the moment the siren blew - has anyone seen his reaction? Somewhere...it may be in this thread, the same comments were made and everyone seemed to be pretty #%$@ed off about it...me included. Channel 10 are just not up to it when it comes to the big events:mad:

DST
16th November 2005, 04:36 PM
Somewhere...it may be in this thread, the same comments were made and everyone seemed to be pretty #%$@ed off about it...me included. Channel 10 are just not up to it when it comes to the big events:mad:

I have read a quote from someone at Channel 10 says that knowing there was only seconds left Roos was standing for the last play and moved to the back of the box after Leo took the mark.

He then spent several minutes with the coaches in the back of the box away from the cameras celebrating the win.

Hence avoiding the cameras until he made his way down onto the ground.

But what also pi***s me off is that we don't even see Roos enter the field either.

DST

Xie Shan
16th November 2005, 04:43 PM
That does help explain it, as it was a glaring omission from the TV coverage and DVD.

But they should have caught Roos entering the field. Instead we get Worsfold coming down the stairs, and don't see Roos until he's actually on the MCG! Not happy.

swansrule100
16th November 2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by DST

He then spent several minutes with the coaches in the back of the box away from the cameras celebrating the win.

roosy knows how to celebrate!

Go Swannies
16th November 2005, 05:09 PM
roosy knows how to celebrate!

He was probably down the back sculling mineral water with bubbles that he'd been saving for a special occasion.

I wonder if he cried - like everyone else?

lachlanc
16th November 2005, 05:53 PM
I can understand why he wouldn't have done it, but it would have been great if Roos had done that "From the Lips of Lethal" thing that Matthews did the last two times Brisbane were in the GF.

I would have loved to hear what everyone was saying at various points, such as when Ablett kicked straight to Cousens.

j s
16th November 2005, 05:59 PM
I wonder if he cried - like everyone else?
Only when he got bashed with the Cup!

(Btw David - is your bike a rather old, nothing special, looking one? Some people I know were describing a bloke on a bike they kept overtaking on their drive to Melbourne on the 23rd)

Go Swannies
16th November 2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by j s
Only when he got bashed with the Cup!

(Btw David - is your bike a rather old, nothing special, looking one? Some people I know were describing a bloke on a bike they kept overtaking on their drive to Melbourne on the 23rd)

Boy, I wonder how you put that question before you edited it! But I rode down on the 22nd so I'd be there for the parade. And my bike is a silver BMW R1100RT - full fairing and panniers - that used to be nicknamed "the Starship". It has stickers from all over the world with the most notable being "I brake for Penguins".

blinddog
16th November 2005, 07:44 PM
Went to JB HiFI and EzyDVD in the city today and no site of the 5 dvd Swans pack - anyone see it in the city today?

ItsAllGoodes
17th November 2005, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by blinddog
Went to JB HiFI and EzyDVD in the city today and no site of the 5 dvd Swans pack - anyone see it in the city today?

A post in another thread has Sanity advising that there has been further delays with the manufacturer...could be at least another week away

Wardy
17th November 2005, 07:21 AM
Go Swannies and I overtook each other on a number of occassions travelling the Hume on the 22nd - but we spilt up at Marulan - nice bike too!

Go Swannies
17th November 2005, 10:19 AM
I first saw this car with Swans scarf, caps, guernseys and stickers all over it before I reached the airport by-pass. The lady driving seemed a bit confused by this bikie bipping until I passed and she saw the "Go Swannies" sign on my suitcase.

We were sitting pretty close together at the MCG too. Then shared the RWO table at the Club Champion dinner.

We're going to have stop meeting like this Wardy!

Wardy
17th November 2005, 10:22 AM
I know - people will start to talk !!!!! (mind you we havent done anything to write home about - yet!;)

ScottH
17th November 2005, 10:26 AM
I know - people will start to talk !!!!! (mind you we havent done anything to write home about - yet!;) Get a room!!!

Wardy
17th November 2005, 10:30 AM
jealous!:D

punter257
17th November 2005, 08:49 PM
i saw the "sensational swans" highlights DVD today at my local AFL store for $39.95

i was about to buy it but i thought i'd wait for the victory pack which i was told is going to ready in a week or two. apparently the actual DVD's have to be painted gold. thats the what the lady told me

damn i wish i bought it now, i think i'm a big chance tmrw morning

CroatianSwans
18th November 2005, 08:42 PM
just buy the victory pack when it comes out

heres a link

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/784347

ItsAllGoodes
18th November 2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by CroatianSwans
just buy the victory pack when it comes out

heres a link

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/784347

Now available Friday the 25th....might have to wait and see about that

The Boot
18th November 2005, 09:30 PM
ditto link ditto
http://sportsdelivered.com.au/afl/index.asp

Kallias
22nd November 2005, 03:55 PM
Sanity have shipped the 5 DVD set today, and according to the email it should arrive in 2-3 days. Looks like I won't be leaving the house this weekend.

cruiser
23rd November 2005, 01:59 PM
I just bought the 5 DVD set at Sanity for $50!!! Sure that I'd read on here that it was going to sell for $90 - $100, I bought two sets (one for me, one for a Xmas pressie for my footy mates). I'm sure the shop assistant made a mistake when she checked the price. I would have bought three sets at that price but they only had two in stock. :D :D :D

giant
23rd November 2005, 02:05 PM
I just bought the 5 DVD set at Sanity for $50!!! Sure that I'd read on here that it was going to sell for $90 - $100, I bought two sets (one for me, one for a Xmas pressie for my footy mates). I'm sure the shop assistant made a mistake when she checked the price. I would have bought three sets at that price but they only had two in stock. :D :D :D

Bloody hell, that's all rite - which Sanity shop may I ask? Will all Sanity assistants be this incompetent or will I need to be lucky?

Mike_B
23rd November 2005, 02:16 PM
They had it for $95 at JB Hi Fi and $110 at HMV.

cruiser
23rd November 2005, 02:34 PM
Bloody hell, that's all rite - which Sanity shop may I ask? Will all Sanity assistants be this incompetent or will I need to be lucky? I better not say as I dont wanna get her into trouble. Besides, I bought the only two box sets they had in stock (just in by the looks of it). I'm feeling quite pleased with myself about it. :D

Jeffers1984
23rd November 2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
They had it for $95 at JB Hi Fi and $110 at HMV.
I don't know why HMV bother anymore. Rip Off Kings.

Mike_B
23rd November 2005, 04:53 PM
I don't know why HMV bother anymore. Rip Off Kings.

They occasionally have something on sale meaning they can compete with other places, but generally speaking JB is the cheapest.

goswannie14
23rd November 2005, 04:57 PM
They occasionally have something on sale meaning they can compete with other places, but generally speaking JB is the cheapest. Yep JB Hi-Fi is the cheapest as a rule, I've usually found both HMV and Sanity to be dear too, unless they have a sale (or get the price wrong)...then they are great.

rastus
23rd November 2005, 05:11 PM

Having read your post I rang the local Sanity store at Southland (Melb) and they told me they had one copy only and it was $49.99 for the Victory 5 pack. I asked them to hold it and went straight over and got it. I asked if they had any others and they said no just the one as VEG (the producer) is a small outfit and they don't usually get much from them. I told the girl I would like another so she rang the other Southland store ( a smaller store) and they also had just the one. I walked over there and got their only copy too at $49.99.

Neither of the stores had even opened the delivery before I contacted them so thanks for the tip.

I did ask if they could get any more in and the girl said yes if I wanted to place an order. That is worth a try. I don't know whether the price is a mistake but it was the price that came up on both stores computer screens. My guess is that the $49.99 price will appear as the price at all their stores until it is corrected (if it is a mistake).

If you want it at the $49.99 price I suggest you hurry to a Sanity store. Make sure you call them first to confirm they have one to put away and confirm the price.

BTW I just this minute received a email from the Swans Melbourne office telling me that they have the 'Sensational Swans' highlights package for $35 and the 5 DVD Victory Pack for $99.00. The 'Victory' pack includes the ''Sensational Swans' highlights pack so the Sanity price is a bargain.

goswannie14
23rd November 2005, 05:41 PM
Just rang Sanity Bendigo...one store didn't have it the other store has it for $49.99, I'm picking it up first thing in the morning.:D :D :D

Thanks for the tip Cruiser and Rastus;)

CureTheSane
23rd November 2005, 09:59 PM
Wait until after Christmas.

AndHMV aren't the rip off kings, that award EASILY goes to Harvey Norman.

Same products, (+ 10 to 20%)

DST
23rd November 2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by rastus
Having read your post I rang the local Sanity store at Southland (Melb) and they told me they had one copy only and it was $49.99 for the Victory 5 pack. I asked them to hold it and went straight over and got it. I asked if they had any others and they said no just the one as VEG (the producer) is a small outfit and they don't usually get much from them. I told the girl I would like another so she rang the other Southland store ( a smaller store) and they also had just the one. I walked over there and got their only copy too at $49.99.

Neither of the stores had even opened the delivery before I contacted them so thanks for the tip.

I did ask if they could get any more in and the girl said yes if I wanted to place an order. That is worth a try. I don't know whether the price is a mistake but it was the price that came up on both stores computer screens. My guess is that the $49.99 price will appear as the price at all their stores until it is corrected (if it is a mistake).

If you want it at the $49.99 price I suggest you hurry to a Sanity store. Make sure you call them first to confirm they have one to put away and confirm the price.

BTW I just this minute received a email from the Swans Melbourne office telling me that they have the 'Sensational Swans' highlights package for $35 and the 5 DVD Victory Pack for $99.00. The 'Victory' pack includes the ''Sensational Swans' highlights pack so the Sanity price is a bargain.

Rastus,

You scored big on those two purchases, they are a mistake.

Currently on the Sanity system the 5 pack is scanning as the defunct 3 pack and none of the sales staff seem to give a stuff.

I picked this up last week when I went into the Melbourne Central store and asked the bloke if they had a copy. He didn't and went to the internal website and sourced the 5 disk product code. When he then went into the scanning system at the register the product code for the defunct 3 disk was the same!!!!!

The correct price RRP for the 5 disk set is $99.99, the $49.99 was for the defunct 3 disk set that VEG decided not to do.

Someone at head office Sanity is going to realise this soon and be mighty pi@@ed off.

DST

punter257
24th November 2005, 02:17 AM
i'm off to my local 1st thing in the morning

i just hope that they have it in stock

ScottH
24th November 2005, 06:23 AM
Wait until after Christmas.

AndHMV aren't the rip off kings, that award EASILY goes to Harvey Norman.

Same products, (+ 10 to 20%) Hardly Normal!!

giant
24th November 2005, 09:03 AM
Anyone know a Sanity store in the eastern suburbs of Sydney?

I see Gerry Harvey said that he had the chance to buy J&B before they floated and now regretted that they hadn't. Thank God he didn't!

cruiser
24th November 2005, 10:52 AM
It's excellent value at $50. Last night I watched the Geelong semi final 4th quarter and the season highlights DVD, which is a great trip again through season 2005 (especially Demetriou's on-air comments, what a turkey he looks now). The season highlights DVD is also available separately at $35 but why would you if you can pick up the box set at $50? I'm gonna hunt for another set today to give as a Xmas present.

goswannie14
24th November 2005, 10:54 AM
Got mine this morning at $49.99 at Sanity Bendigo. We're in Melbourne on the weekend, so I'll be looking out for another one at that price too:D

j s
24th November 2005, 11:58 AM
I haven't been able to locate a set in Sydney - none of the stores I can get to have a copy.

Refried Noodle
24th November 2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by j s
I haven't been able to locate a set in Sydney - none of the stores I can get to have a copy.

Same for down here. Just said they only have the GF on DVD.

rastus
24th November 2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by j s

Have you asked them to order it in for you? Make sure they commit to the $49.99 price first. You have nothing to lose if they later on tell you the price is $90+ as you don't have to take it.

Mike_B
24th November 2005, 12:13 PM
Picked my copy up for $50 at Sanity Imperial Arcade this morning.

giant - I think there's a Sanity still at Eastgardens...

anne
24th November 2005, 12:17 PM
Just got mine at Sanity Box Hill. Tried ringing a few others first. The girl at Sanity in Camberwell looked it up on the computer and said quite a few stores had them. Just ring a store and get them to look up the closest one that has a copy.

ItsAllGoodes
24th November 2005, 12:26 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that Sanity think its the 3 DVD pack that was promoted initially. I asked at two stores who said they only had the 3DVD set on the computer (its a different website to the online). One girl rang the Southland store who said they sold their 3 DVD sets yesterday.
I eventually found them at Doncaster at $50
It wont be long before someone realises so get 'em while they are hot OR order them at the store BUT get them to commit to the price

Sanecow
24th November 2005, 12:35 PM
In Perth only one store allegedly has the three disk set. Stupid Eagles.

AussieAnge
24th November 2005, 12:55 PM
I have just come back from Sanity at Town Hall station. They sold the two sets they had yesterday and offered to try to track one down for me. They also checked to see if there were copies in other stores in the city or close to where I live. They confirmed the price at $49.99, so I've ordered and paid for it. They are going to give me a call when it's in.
I bought a cd whilst I was in there as I felt they deserved my business for being so helpful and to try to appease my guilt as I feel like I'm stealing the thing.
I'm hoping that they won't ask for the extra $50 if they wise up but as someone else has said I haven't lost anything if they do (well only $100 as I was going to get my brother to get it me for Christmas).

westernswan
24th November 2005, 01:20 PM
whooo lots of pages here.....should have checked this subject earlier, would anyone who has spare time be able to summarise the list of DVD's out n their approximete price, sorry for laging behind:frown

Jeffers1984
24th November 2005, 01:20 PM
Picked my copy up for $50 at Sanity Imperial Arcade this morning.

giant - I think there's a Sanity still at Eastgardens...

Hi Mike to save me the trouble of the train ride, did they have many there in stock?

desredandwhite
24th November 2005, 01:21 PM
sigh... If only I'd checked this thread before buying a copy at JB for $95. Ah well! :)

I wouldn't have been able to get to a Sanity store before next weekend anyway, and they'd probably have their pricing problem sorted out.

Now the question is: is the GF DVD the one with multiple radio soundtracks? Otherwise I now have two copies of the single commentary DVD :D

AussieAnge
24th November 2005, 01:23 PM
Hi Mike to save me the trouble of the train ride, did they have many there in stock?

I know I'm not Mike but I'll respond anyway. The Town Hall store rang the Imperial Arcade one while I was there and they didn't have any left.

AA

Jeffers1984
24th November 2005, 01:57 PM
I know I'm not Mike but I'll respond anyway. The Town Hall store rang the Imperial Arcade one while I was there and they didn't have any left.

AA
Oh OK thanks Ange.

Doubt i'd go to JB to get it for the normal price as i want to rort this thing for all its worth!! However i hope temptation doesn't get the better of me after work today and head to JB anyways.

Mike_B
24th November 2005, 02:02 PM

There was only one on the shelf when I was there - it's now in my possession.

Xie Shan
24th November 2005, 02:04 PM
JB Hifi in Bondi Junction had 3 copies of the 5-disc set ($95) this morning.

Fleurbie
24th November 2005, 02:19 PM
My boyfriend just went to Sanity in Civic in Canberra and picked up the 5 DVD set for 50 dollars, they only came in today. That was their only copy but other Sanity's in Canberra may have them
woo hoo can't wait to watch the games tonight!

Jeffers1984
24th November 2005, 02:23 PM
Has anyone checked the Fox Studios Sanity if they have any copies?

cruiser
24th November 2005, 02:33 PM
I have just come back from Sanity at Town Hall station. They sold the two sets they had yesterday :D Sorry Ange.

giant
24th November 2005, 02:40 PM
Got the $50 version of the 5 pack from Virgin @ Myers in BJ (Virgin = Sanity btw). Felt a little guilty but I'm sure I'll get over it.

One more copy there which the assistant thoughtfully tagged $49.95 while I was there - good luck!!

cruiser
24th November 2005, 02:53 PM
One more copy there which the assistant thoughtfully tagged $49.95 while I was there - good luck!! HURRY, RUN!!!!

giant
24th November 2005, 03:22 PM
Worth trying the other Virgin stores around as well - they obviously are using the same inventory system as Sanity.

Refried Noodle
24th November 2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Fleurbie
My boyfriend just went to Sanity in Civic in Canberra and picked up the 5 DVD set for 50 dollars, they only came in today. That was their only copy but other Sanity's in Canberra may have them
woo hoo can't wait to watch the games tonight!

Thanx for the heads up, I rang Tuggeranong and they had no idea what I was on about, didn't bother to ring another one thinking if they didn't no-one else would. Read your message then immediately rang Woden and reseved the only copy they had!
$49.99!....makes up for the reckless merchendise buying of the past two months....:cool:

Edit: Ooo it even has the 3 commentaries for the GF!

j s
24th November 2005, 03:53 PM
I have found a set at Virgin - not saying where yet till after I get there tonight. They told me $59 rather than $49 but that's good enough. They had only just come in - still in the box.

Sanecow
24th November 2005, 03:59 PM
Did I mention that you guys a) suck and b) are thieving bastards?

cruiser
24th November 2005, 04:19 PM
Did I mention that you guys a) suck and b) are thieving bastards? You will live on the other side of the country. :p

I'm gonna try and buy a third set on my way home tonight. Guess what Santa's giving to some of my Swans supporting friends?

Old Royboy
24th November 2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks all for the information. I snapped up the only Victory Pack delivered to Sanity Penrith Plaza, at the gold plated price of $49.99 of course. I feel a little like the kid who pinched a chocolate from the milk bar. Maybe I should change my byline in case something nasty happens.

Btw it?s obviously an error ? the purchase price on Sanity?s website is $89.96.

goswannie14
24th November 2005, 05:54 PM
Did I mention that you guys a) suck and b) are thieving bastards? You're just jealous:cool:

Sanecow
24th November 2005, 06:06 PM
It's interesting how many people I know in Sydney and yet how few friends I have there. It reflects on all of your personalities sadly.

goswannie14
24th November 2005, 06:09 PM
It's interesting how many people I know in Sydney and yet how few friends I have there. It reflects on all of your personalities sadly. We haven't met...but if I can get some extras at $50.00 I'll let you know...Must try Shepparton next:D

Sanecow
24th November 2005, 06:11 PM
I was only teasing.

AussieAnge
24th November 2005, 06:22 PM
:D Sorry Ange.

Say it as if you mean it!

The Town Hall sanity even checked the Virgin store at Myer in Warringah Mall and there weren't any there.
I have a feeling it will go pear shaped before my copy arrives and I'll end up paying full price.

goswannie14
24th November 2005, 06:23 PM
I was only teasing. Yeah...but that's the sort of guy I am;)

ugg
24th November 2005, 07:27 PM
Went to Sanity Castle Hill. They had one copy left, priced at $49.99 but it was in terrible condition. It looked it the box was being held together by sticky tape. The lady at the counter said it was the only copy left and she wasn't sure whether they were getting any more. Not very helpful :mad:

punter257
24th November 2005, 07:35 PM
@@@@ !!!!!!

my local sanity had never heard of it and they had the bloody 2004 port power pack. the afl store had it for the magnificent price of $109.95 so i let it go through to gilly

i might have to give myer a crack

Mike_B
24th November 2005, 07:40 PM
For all of you feeling guilty about saving $45 or so on the DVDs, feel free to donate those savings courtesy of your fellow RWOers to RWO to keep it running so you can once again get a heads up on potential savings! :D

goswannie14
24th November 2005, 07:43 PM
For all of you feeling guilty about saving $45 or so on the DVDs, feel free to donate those savings courtesy of your fellow RWOers to RWO to keep it running so you can once again get a heads up on potential savings! :D :rolleyes: