PDA

View Full Version : Raising Of The Flag

sydneyswans1989
2nd October 2005, 04:21 PM
Who here was able to go to the raising of the flag at lakeside oval today? I have to say it was preety good, Bobby Skilton put the flag on the pole & it looked great. Got photos & signatures with Barry Round & Bobby Skilton, alot of swans supporters turned up & all up it was a fantastic day.

Plugger46
2nd October 2005, 05:40 PM
I was there. It was pretty good actually.

Cher
2nd October 2005, 06:04 PM
I had to work, but to be honest I can't see the point of raising a flag on a derelict building, South Melb town hall would have been more to my liking.
I guess it was the past players who organised it, they love their get togethers, were many of them there?
I hope the soccer club didn't benefit at all from the day.

anne
2nd October 2005, 06:11 PM
I went with my daughter and my mother - three generations of Swans fanatics. Bobby Skilton is so generous of his time. He obviously loves the Club very much. We couldn't get into the ground and the ceremony was conducted from the outside. The small-mindedness of the Soccer Club was mentioned. The Councillor also thanked Paul Roos for mentioning the suburb of South Melbourne in his after the match speech. An official letter of thanks is being sent to the Club thanking them. I feel the link between South Melbourne/ Sydney is fantastic. We are a very lucky club.

ItsAllGoodes
2nd October 2005, 07:21 PM
I didnt even know it was happening...where was the promotion of this?

BonBon
2nd October 2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Cher
but to be honest I can't see the point of raising a flag on a derelict building
I love that line.

We weren't even allowed through the doors! We had to have the BBQ and watch the gig from outside the ground. That was tacky.

BonBon
2nd October 2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by ItsAllGoodes
I didnt even know it was happening...where was the promotion of this?
Lots of people didn't. There was an email - someone should've pasted it into a thread on here. Sorry I didn't think of it before hand.

Sucks to be the people who don't have internet and can't receive the emails.

anniswan
2nd October 2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by BonBon
Lots of people didn't. There was an email - someone should've pasted it into a thread on here. Sorry I didn't think of it before hand.

I did post something a few days ago about this

BonBon
2nd October 2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by anniswan
Oh?

ItsAllGoodes
2nd October 2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by BonBon
Sucks to be the people who don't have internet and can't receive the emails.

I have the internet, obviously as I am here...and I have registered to receive emails but for some reason I never get them

BonBon
2nd October 2005, 08:06 PM
Where did you exactly register?

Frog
2nd October 2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by anniswan
See here (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12026)

Cher
2nd October 2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by ItsAllGoodes
I have the internet, obviously as I am here...and I have registered to receive emails but for some reason I never get them

If you register at sydneyswans.com.au you will get their newsletter, not specific emails from the club.

If you want to receive emails from the Melbourne office email them on [email protected]
I know that they do send out emails to people who are not members, not like the Sydney office who won't send out emails to people who are not Sydney based members.

tantrum
3rd October 2005, 12:33 AM
I got told about this one and I live in Germany.

I was a Melbourne-based member for many years and I am still on this mailing list, although I have asked to get off it several times with no luck.

beejw1
3rd October 2005, 02:55 AM
Yeah a good idea and a bit moving for us older supporters. I was disappointed though with the turnout of past players. Skilton was great and had a lot of time for everyone ( except those who tried to have things signed twice). Barry Round was there and did anyone recognise Stewart Gull No.34 full forward early 70's. Were there any others I didn't recognise?

BayesysLeftBoot
3rd October 2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by beejw1
Yeah a good idea and a bit moving for us older supporters. I was disappointed though with the turnout of past players. Skilton was great and had a lot of time for everyone ( except those who tried to have things signed twice). Barry Round was there and did anyone recognise Stewart Gull No.34 full forward early 70's. Were there any others I didn't recognise? Yeah, Stewarts a ballarat boy now isn't he?

Bazman
3rd October 2005, 11:07 AM
John Heriot was there, full back team of the century.

Sanecow
3rd October 2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Bazman
John Heriot was there, full back team of the century.

A footballer and a full time vet (working with a timelord to boot).