PDA

View Full Version : What is our salary cap?

Sid
4th October 2005, 09:25 PM
Just a quick question. How much is our salary cap?

Charlie
4th October 2005, 09:28 PM
The standard cap + whatever we ask Daddy Andy for.

Source: Bigfooty.

Seriously - It's the standard cap + 7%, which I believe is currently worth a little more than $400,000. So $6million or so sounds about right.

DST
4th October 2005, 11:18 PM
I think it is $6.8 million plus the marketing allowance, veterans allowance, injury allowance and finals performance bonuses.

That is for the other 15 clubs.

And we also get a 7% COL allowance which must be spread across the list according to a formula.

If I remember correctly Collingwood paid around the $8 Million mark in the second of their GF years. Which is along way over the standard $6.8 Million.

DST
:D

giant
5th October 2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by DST
I think it is $6.8 million plus the marketing allowance, veterans allowance, injury allowance and finals performance bonuses.

That is for the other 15 clubs.

And we also get a 7% COL allowance which must be spread across the list according to a formula.

If I remember correctly Collingwood paid around the $8 Million mark in the second of their GF years. Which is along way over the standard $6.8 Million.

DST
:D

And wouldn't include all the $$$ they get for their charity work on ch. 9 etc.

timr
5th October 2005, 03:26 PM
We have a salary cap???

;)

nicko18
5th October 2005, 03:55 PM
Can someone tell me if we spent our alloted 7% COL allowance last year, or in previous years?

sharpie
5th October 2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by nicko18
Can someone tell me if we spent our alloted 7% COL allowance last year, or in previous years?

What if we can't? Are you gonna call us bandwagoners? :D (Sorry, bad joke...)

I doubt anyone here can say with any certainty since I dont think any club publishes their player payments.

Go Swannies
5th October 2005, 04:08 PM
My understanding is that we haven't reached the salary cap yet - far less the COL allowance. And we've had some highly paid retirements so we have lots of room to move. Last year Roos was saying we could afford anyone - and it'll probably be better now (until the premiership players contracts fall due!)

nicko18
5th October 2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
My understanding is that we haven't reached the salary cap yet - far less the COL allowance. And we've had some highly paid retirements so we have lots of room to move. Last year Roos was saying we could afford anyone - and it'll probably be better now (until the premiership players contracts fall due!) That's what I thought... I heard discussion a couple of years ago when eddie was in the height of his smear campaign that we weren't even reaching the salary cap, let alone the allowances.