PDA

View Full Version : Troy Luff Medal - Rounds 7 and 8

Charlie
11th October 2005, 12:55 AM
Hello and welcome to the fourth instalment of the Premiership Edition Troy Luff Medal count. Tonight, we review the hard-fought wins over Essendon in round seven, and Port Adelaide in round eight. Before we start, let's review the vote tally as at round six:
16 - Jude Bolton
12 - Brett Kirk
11 - Craig Bolton
9 - Luke Ablett
8 - Nick Davis, Darren Jolly
6 - Adam Goodes
5 - Paul Williams
4 - Barry Hall
3 - Amon Buchanan, Ryan O'Keefe
2 - Tadhg Kennelly, David Spriggs
1 - Leo Barry, Jarrad McVeigh

In round seven, the Swans hosted Essendon for the first Stadium Australia game of our Premiership season. At 2-4 and having been branded as 'ugly' by none other than Andrew Demetriou, the Swans had a point to prove. Led by Barry Hall and Michael O'Loughlin in the forward, and the indominable stand-in captain Brett Kirk, the Swans did exactly that. The match wasn't pretty, but was won with grit and determination. Sydney came from 16 points down at three quarter time to win by a goal.

The votes:
5. Brett Kirk
4. Barry Hall
3. Leo Barry
2. Adam Goodes
1. Amon Buchanan

Congratulations to all five players.

After snapping their three game losing streak, the Swans looked to consolidate the recovery against Port Adelaide at the SCG. The reigning premiers had started the season in poor fashion, and were similarly desperate for a win. The Sydney defence stood tall, however, restricting Port to just six goals as the Swans won by 24 points. The margin belied the gulf between the two teams. Tadhg Kennelly and Jude Bolton dominated through the middle of the ground, and Michael O'Loughlin kicked three goals.

Round 8 votes:
5. Leo Barry
4. Jude Bolton
3. Tadhg Kennelly
2. Michael O'Loughlin
1. Darren Jolly
1. Adam Goodes

Congratulations to all vote-getters.

So after another two rounds, it is time to update our vote tally. Jude Bolton has consolidated his lead, with only Brett Kirk keeping up at this stage:
20 - Jude Bolton
17 - Brett Kirk
11 - Craig Bolton
9 - Luke Ablett, Leo Barry, Adam Goodes, Darren Jolly
8 - Nick Davis, Barry Hall
5 - Paul Williams, Tadhg Kennelly
4 - Amon Buchanan
3 - Ryan O'Keefe
2 - David Spriggs, Michael O'Loughlin
1 - Jarrad McVeigh

Join me again tomorrow night, for the round nine victory over the Bulldogs and the game we'd all rather forget, round ten against the Saints.

Charlie

RogueSwan
11th October 2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks Charlie, a couple of good weeks there. Beat the Bummers and the old Premiers (most were though :) ). When does Judes injury kick in? That will bring him back to the field.

punter257
11th October 2005, 10:40 AM
can i put some money on barry hall to win from here........

i would love to know his odds

dimelb
11th October 2005, 10:10 PM
Great work Charlie, a true labour of love. And is there some way to make sure it stays on the 'latest posts' list at least through the day it is posted? I nearly missed it.