PDA

View Full Version : 3 weeks later

Bazman
13th October 2005, 07:11 PM
It?s nearly 3 weeks since that wonderful day, how?s everybody feeling? Me, im still totally ecstatic looking forward to next season especially the first game at home the flight is already booked for that weekend.

Plugger46
13th October 2005, 07:15 PM
Still enjoying the replay.

goswannie14
13th October 2005, 09:11 PM
Wore my "premiers" T-shirt shopping in Melb for the day...and the members cap too...of course:)

dimelb
13th October 2005, 09:15 PM
The newspapers are still spread out overr the diningroom table and I wander in and read a few articles again most days. Still sinking in that we are premiers.
And we will be paying for the merchandise for a while yet. Not looking forward to the credit card bill.

Jeffers1984
13th October 2005, 09:46 PM
Still on a high from it. Just bought my premiers scarf today from rebel.

goswannie14
13th October 2005, 09:52 PM
We're getting a new car next week...first accessory, Premiers sticker on the back window:D

swans_premiers
14th October 2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Plugger46
Still enjoying the replay.

As am i..all those missed shots from O'loughlin though. Could have given us a the last 10 mins of the match to enjoy it more knowing we've won:(

Frog
14th October 2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by swans_premiers
As am i..all those missed shots from O'loughlin though. Could have given us a the last 10 mins of the match to enjoy it more knowing we've won:(
But you would have missed the nail-biting, heart attack inducing final couple of minutes .... followed by that once in a blue moon feeling of instant euphoria and disbelief ... Maybe you would have enjoyed the match more knowing earlier in the last quarter that you have it in the bag, but I bet the feeling at the final siren would have been different for just that instance ...

I don't know if I am the only one but I got to the ground rather early and left rather late (and went to Punt Road Oval for a while) ... It now seems that the day was over faster than a regular season game ...

I am waiting patiently until most things settle down, then I need to buy all the Premiership gear ...

Bazman
14th October 2005, 06:49 AM
Im like Frog got to the game early the next thing i new it was Sunday, quite a few hours lost in South Melbourne that night.

Still living the dream.

ScottH
14th October 2005, 07:57 AM
It will last for another 70 odd years!!!

Plugger46
14th October 2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Bazman
Im like Frog got to the game early the next thing i new it was Sunday, quite a few hours lost in South Melbourne that night.

Still living the dream.

Plenty of hours lost in South Melbourne that night.

Mel
14th October 2005, 12:07 PM
I'm still on a high, but I need more. I haven't watched the GF since Sunday. Will be watching it again tonight or tomorrow. I am having major footy withdrawls. Went to sleep last night watching whatever game was on Fox Footy at the time (riveting viewing I assure you :p ). Can't wait til next season.

cruiser
14th October 2005, 12:13 PM
I watched the entire GF again last night and got emotional when the siren sounded. Last Friday I had another final quarters night (semi, prelim and GF). I'm still smiling about it all and am looking forward to flying down to Melb for the rd 1 game against the Bombers next year.

goswannie14
14th October 2005, 12:15 PM
I've watched the GF a couple of times, my wife looks at me strange when I want to put it on and says "But we were there we won. Remember?" She's new to footy, but she's learning:)

punter257
14th October 2005, 04:29 PM
still loving every minute of winning a flag and its weird seeing all the merchandise with "swans 2005 premiers" all over it.

i'm just so glad that it finally happened and i'll never get sick of watching the game over and over. i reckon by round 1 next season i'll almost know every piece of play and i'll have seen leo's mark about 10000 times :)

Belle
14th October 2005, 05:25 PM
my friend said its been 3 weeks and i should get over it and change my msn name, it still reamins!!!!

C-Train
14th October 2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Belle
my friend said its been 3 weeks and i should get over it and change my msn name, it still reamins!!!!

Same, my workmate keep telling me to get over it! but not sure if i can!

Xie Shan
14th October 2005, 05:33 PM
Reading this thread makes me feel a lot better, knowing that it isn't just me :)

I've got most of the GF on tape, and whenever I watch the last quarter, our efforts seem more and more impressive, given how good we know the Weagles midfield is.

Make no mistake, our midfield is very, very good. Good enough to go back-to-back, in fact. Sure, there was a large slice of luck involved, but this was a win by a very disciplined, brave, hard-working, and, yes, talented (though maybe not the most talented) team.

Belle
14th October 2005, 05:36 PM
Neither can I .... When I said that something more permanent might be a better option than just an msn name (a tattoo).... I was told i was a sad pathetic football fan and i should get a life ..... I thought there was no greater complement :p
What can I say I love my swans

goswannie14
14th October 2005, 06:39 PM
Neither can I .... When I said that something more permanent might be a better option than just an msn name (a tattoo).... I was told i was a sad pathetic football fan and i should get a life ..... I thought there was no greater complement :p
What can I saw I love my swans

I know what tatt I want to celebrate it, but I don't know if I can afford it.:p

But I don't plan on getting over it for some time yet...at least not while we are still the defending PREMIERS:D

Belle
14th October 2005, 06:47 PM
The cost of a tattoo isn a problem for me due to family rates... I just have to decide what i want and where. I had chosen my 1st and only tat when i was 13 but this is soooo much harder :)

Lucky Knickers
14th October 2005, 06:56 PM
I do wish I'd get over being emotional. I get teary at photo's, at old games with Kels, Dunks, Cressa and Stewie - realising the ultimate reward was so close and that they don't get what is so deserved!

I recorded the GF from the start of the telecast and have cut out all the crappy bits but have kept the interviews with the players talking about what it means to them. Crouchy saying you played for your team but all the guys who wouldn't be there like Stewie. Bally talking about Wally Jackson being there in spirit "it's footy war and you want your best team to go to war with......"

(I'm reaching for the tissues again)!

Bazman
14th October 2005, 09:14 PM
While traveling to work this morning MMM played Hunters and collectors holy grail and bugger me the emotions started again. MMmmmmmm Life is good to be a Swans Supporters.

OldE
14th October 2005, 10:07 PM
Speaking of Holy Grail, a certain fellow RWOer was at the football conference I was speaking at with me the Monday after Grand Final. Someone played an bit of Holy Grail and she had to excuse herself? in tears.

Not that I can talk. I still cry every time I hear the words "The longest premiership drought in football history is over!!" And that's more than once or twice, I can tell you.

Destructive
14th October 2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Wore my "premiers" T-shirt shopping in Melb for the day...and the members cap too...of course:)

I have taken great pride in wearing my Swans gear around Goulburn. It has made me want to get more.

Destructive
14th October 2005, 10:31 PM

That MSN name is good til at least Grand Final day 2006.

elroy67
15th October 2005, 02:10 AM
I've got the ABC call of the final quarter on tape in my car, play it everyday. It still gives me goosebumps to hear it, and 2 and a half year old daughter now can sing the club song!

Roscoe
15th October 2005, 06:39 AM
My son has his MSN logo

Airfare to Melbourne $198

Ticket to the Grandfinal $91

To see the Swans win THe Premiership - PRICELESS !!!

goswannie14
15th October 2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by eirinn
I still cry every time I hear the words "The longest premiership drought in football history is over!!" And that's more than once or twice, I can tell you.

I still get tingles up the spine just reading that line...is there something wrong with me???:D

Xie Shan
15th October 2005, 08:04 PM
I still get tingles up the spine just reading that line...is there something wrong with me???:D

Hell no!! :)

Big Al
15th October 2005, 09:32 PM

There would be something wrong with you if you DIDNT get a tingle. I must admit evertime Roosy yells "HERE IT IS" that what does it to me. I tear up everytime I replay it.

Bazman
15th October 2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks to everyone who's replied to this post I can relate to every one of you, I still eat, walk and talk the grand final and I find it very gratifying the people I talk to feel the same way even though they are supporters of other Melbourne based teams. Even my work mates how they tolerate me when I remind them it?s 3 weeks since we won the grand final. Thanks to every one on RWO who have gone from keeping the dream alive to where we are today living that dream and enjoying the bragging rights we truly deserve.

Charlie
15th October 2005, 10:33 PM
I was walking down Grattan Street (South edge of Melbourne Uni) during the week.... for whatever reason, I looked to the right, and there was a WEG poster grinning at me from a window.

So I grinned back. And kept grinning for the next ten minutes. Every day, there's something that reminds me at some point that we are the reigning premiers. It's the best part of my day. :)

Bazman
15th October 2005, 10:36 PM
Hi Charlie how are ya going mate? im still up for that beer you promised me.

Charlie
15th October 2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Bazman
Hi Charlie how are ya going mate? im still up for that beer you promised me.

Oh, yeah! :( You didn't come to Patony's!

goswannie14
15th October 2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Charlie
I was walking down Grattan Street (South edge of Melbourne Uni) during the week.... for whatever reason, I looked to the right, and there was a WEG poster grinning at me from a window.

I thought you were going to say that you saw me...I was in Grattan Street with my wife on Tuesday this week wearing my swans cap and t-shirt. My wife had pre-natal check up at the Women's...not that you would know what I look like, but the SWans gear gives it away :D

swansrock4eva
16th October 2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Destructive
I have taken great pride in wearing my Swans gear around Goulburn. It has made me want to get more.

I got yelled at by my non-footy following friends for not wearing Swans gear to uni last week for the first time (it was all in the wash :() - they all looked at me and asked if I was feeling ok! And they all have been very surprised how low-key I've been keeping it - I've been trying VERY hard not to overdose them on footy (I respect the fact that they follow crap sports! lol!:p).

Although I must say I've had moments of sheer cockiness of sorts - one of the kids I teach was ripping into me each week of the finals - "see they're gonna get smashed by the eagles/told you they'd get smashed by the eagles" "they're gonna get smashed by the cats/bah they were only lucky" "the Saints are gonna gut those weak Swans/bah fluke and a half, as if they can win the flag - they're gonna get smashed by the eagles." He's also a Parra fan in the NRL, so when I saw him last week he just went "No, I don't want to talk about it!" and I suddenly found myself yelling out across the oval "Well at least I know what it's like to follow a WINNING team!" :eek: I've never been a cocky football supporter in all my life, but this time I couldn't help it - it was suddenly this sense that my team IS good enough, my team IS a winning team. I don't plan to be this way with everyone, but it is nice to have just a small gloat here and there :)

Cher
16th October 2005, 12:54 AM
I had a day off from Swans tops this week and got asked if I was over it, so i made sure to wear the ;PREMIERS polo the next day.

At karate this morning I saw a girl I hadn't seen for a few weeks and she was all Wow you must've been so excited etc etc, which gets me even more excited. Then one of the karate teachers said don't come in here wearing that! That was my Team of the Century tshirt, which I wore proudly.

cressakel
17th October 2005, 12:13 PM
I find the best part of supporting the PREMIERS is that I have been sending emails and links to the Swans players celebrating after the game to friends who support the likes of Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood. Due to there smugness over the years at there club's success and statements that the Swans will never win a flag, your supported by the AFL etc etc, the emails having been something like this -

1. When was Essendon's last flag ?
2. When was Carlton's last flag ?
3. When was Collingwood's last flag ?
4. When was Sydney's last flag ?

Answers -
1. 5 years ago
2. 10 years ago
3. 15 years ago
4. 23 days ago and loving it....

I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself.....

goswannie14
17th October 2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by cressakel
I find the best part of supporting the PREMIERS is that I have been sending emails and links to the Swans players celebrating after the game to friends who support the likes of Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood. Due to there smugness over the years at there club's success and statements that the Swans will never win a flag, your supported by the AFL etc etc, the emails having been something like this -

1. When was Essendon's last flag ?
2. When was Carlton's last flag ?
3. When was Collingwood's last flag ?
4. When was Sydney's last flag ?

Answers -
1. 5 years ago
2. 10 years ago
3. 15 years ago
4. 23 days ago and loving it....

I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself.....

But there are times that it just has to be done aren't there????:D

cruiser
17th October 2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Cher
I had a day off from Swans tops this week and got asked if I was over it
Over it? Some people just dont understand. We will never be 'over it'.

Roscoe
17th October 2005, 02:33 PM
Went to the Cricket on Saturday and saw a lot of Swans clothing
amongst the crowd.

But I was the only one wearing any Swans 2005 Premiers gear

I had a chat with Footscray Ruckman Scott Wynd who was sitting near us

I asked a stupid question "what are you doing up in Sydney"

got a stupid question "just watching the cricket"

Hat a chat about the doggies - young players, their views on Saddington also the relationship between Eade and Smogon and Eade and the players - very interesting