PDA

View Full Version : ABC Radio audio of the GF

Damien
13th October 2005, 11:43 PM
I wanted to hear the ABC coverage, so did a bit of a search and they still have audio of the highlights up. If you haven't heard any of their coverage, you can download a MP3 or stream from the link below.

Must say I am so far dissapointed with both ABC's and 3AW's commentary of the GF, don't think either really captured how enthralling the final few minutes were (however we are premiers, who cares lol)....perhaps the 3AW call of the Geelong win put my expectations up a little too high!

ABC Grand Final Highlights Audio Page (http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200509/s1467733.htm)

goswannie14
13th October 2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Damien
I wanted to hear the ABC coverage, so did a bit of a search and they still have audio of the highlights up. If you haven't heard any of their coverage, you can download a MP3 or stream from the link below.

Must say I am so far dissapointed with both ABC's and 3AW's commentary of the GF, don't think either really captured how enthralling the final few minutes were (however we are premiers, who cares lol)....perhaps the 3AW call of the Geelong win put my expectations up a little too high!

ABC Grand Final Highlights Audio Page (http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200509/s1467733.htm)

All I can say is that when I listened to that ABC highlights mp3 it sent shivers up my spine...mind you I listened to it just after I had listened to Rex Hunts drivel that is supposed to be a footy call:(

Damien
13th October 2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
All I can say is that when I listened to that ABC highlights mp3 it sent shivers up my spine...mind you I listened to it just after I had listened to Rex Hunts drivel that is supposed to be a footy call:(

Best thing about Rexies call is how much he wanted Sydney to win.

Haven't heard a commentator be that biased towards us for a long time!

swansrule100
13th October 2005, 11:47 PM

whats with the stupid names he calls players! its friggen annoying

Xie Shan
14th October 2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Damien
Best thing about Rexies call is how much he wanted Sydney to win.

Haven't heard a commentator be that biased towards us for a long time!

Ironic...especially after the end of the Geelong game - in the 3AW call, he kept repeating "Oh No! Oh No!" over the top of the main caller after Nicky D's goal! That was hilarious.

Hypocrite :D :p

Rex's call of the year: "What's wrong with the clock you bastards!" :cool:

goswannie14
14th October 2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by sydfan83
Rex's call of the year: "What's wrong with the clock you bastards!" :cool:

That was the only part on the call that I heard that I enjoyed:D

Bunyip
14th October 2005, 11:22 AM
Thanks Damien, that is spine tingling stuff:D

Geez, there's a lot to be said for listening to the footy on the radio. Mind you, I got accustomed to keeping in touch with the footy listening to games on short wave radio when living in NZ.

My dream job: ABC radio sports journalist/footy commentator:)

goswannie14
14th October 2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Bunyip
My dream job: ABC radio sports journalist/footy commentator:)

Can I be your special comments guy???? Please???;)

Bunyip
14th October 2005, 12:35 PM
Can I be your special comments guy???? Please???;)

Ah yes, of course, a few "colour" commentators are essential.

Though I have to ask: who are your role models from among past and present "special comments" commentators?

goswannie14
14th October 2005, 12:49 PM
Wallsy....nah only joking...he's a moron

dermie...yeah and kick a few heads in on the way past :cool: