PDA

View Full Version : Saints Fans still bitter about the PF loss.

airpoe
22nd October 2005, 11:29 PM
Well a friend showed me a thread at saintsational.com by Sainternist clearly bitter about the PF loss.

"I've accepted the fact that they deserved to win the bloody premiership, but every morning when I go around the Albert Park Lake for a walk/run I can't help but feel annoyed when seeing that Shytney Swines flag flying on top of that poor old derelect grand stand at Bob Jane Stadium.
They have nothing to do with South Melbourne anymore, IMO. It just makes me mad
If anything, a St.Kilda flag should be flying representing the best Victorian based team
Last night I had a dream where I shot a flaming arrow from a bow right between the eyes of the Swan on that retarded flag
Am I overreacting here?"

goswannie14
22nd October 2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by airpoe
Well a friend showed me a thread at saintsational.com by Sainternist clearly bitter about the PF loss.

"I've accepted the fact that they deserved to win the bloody premiership, but every morning when I go around the Albert Park Lake for a walk/run I can't help but feel annoyed when seeing that Shytney Swines flag flying on top of that poor old derelect grand stand at Bob Jane Stadium.
If anything, a St.Kilda flag should be flying representing the best Victorian based team
Last night I had a dream where I shot a flaming arrow from a bow right between the eyes of the Swan on that retarded flag
Am I overreacting here?"

This coming from a guy who follows a team that hasn't played a home game in St Kilda since the 1960's...go figure:p

airpoe
22nd October 2005, 11:35 PM
Another about how sydney won
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15364

Xie Shan
22nd October 2005, 11:44 PM
Hilarious thread! Here's a sample:

Ever since that Nick Davis goal I`ve had a very spooky feeling!

See, even St. Kilda fans admit, it was the vibe! Knew there was a different vibe about the Swans this year.

airpoe
22nd October 2005, 11:51 PM
A poem from the site

Sydney flood.
Sydney scrag.
Sydney won the bloody flag!

Last one was thirty three.
Next one may never be.
Sydney grabbed their chance you see?

"The game's in danger" - utter s***.
Roos was smart.
Get over it.

goswannie14
23rd October 2005, 09:40 AM
Another about how sydney won
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15364
They certainly are a different breed over there...talk about feral:p

Bazman
23rd October 2005, 06:18 PM
Don?t you feel sorry for these poor for these poor buggers? I don?t, they are such a egotistical pack of P..ks. I work with one and she didn?t come near for 2 weeks after the Grand Final. Saints promise so much delivered nothing as usual.

airpoe
23rd October 2005, 06:47 PM
The best reply i have heard!!

Winners are grinners and the losers can please themselves.

A cliche classic "would you like some Cheese with that Whine?"

dread and might
23rd October 2005, 09:36 PM
They really are first class tools. Hopefully they continue to fail. My intense dislike of their club has grown exponentially since I moved to Melbourne. There only seems to be one reasonable supporter per 20 which I reckon is an even worse ratio than collingwood.
There; I said it.

Nico
23rd October 2005, 10:18 PM
Saints supporters seem to have changed dramatically in the past few of years. As clubs we had a healthy understanding of each other given the time both clubs spent in the cellar over the years.

However, I reckon they now believe all the publicity their club gets and the over inflated tyres they now possess. They have gone from cautiously pessimistic to egotistical. They went way past optimistic 2 years ago.

Imagine if they dont rise to the expectations next year. They will be baying for more than Thomas's blood. Their tenure on the title "club mostly likely" is very shaky indeed.

Will Harvey come up?
Hamill is always injured.
Heaven help them if Riewolt goes down with injury.
What of their backline that really is thin on the ground.
Some of their players are getting a bit long in the tooth.
Gehrig - is it one year too many?
Will Kosi play enough games to be a genuine contributor. He is almost the Saints Fixter or James.

Probably a few more question marks if anyone wants to delve a bit more.

The Undertaker
23rd October 2005, 10:32 PM

Am I overreacting here?" Oh,my heart just bleeds for the poor little dears............

It must be JUST SO TOUGH!

Poor sainters.....

I am just tuning up the violin!

Grant
23rd October 2005, 11:20 PM
This bit was interesting though: The similarities to crows 97 is freaky.
IN 97 the crows played westcoast in the first final, then got a lucky win over Geelong in their home state,
then beat an unsuccessful melbourne club (bulldogs) thanks to a barnstorming last quarter,
before playing the top side in the GF.
Its freaky.

So that means bring on the back to back.:D

Refried Noodle
24th October 2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Grant
So that means bring on the back to back.:D

From fifth!

big bear
24th October 2005, 06:20 PM

Am I overreacting here?"

This reaction by a typical moronic saints fan is good. The lousier they feel the better I feel. They can all go to hell. We won and all their whinging will not change the fact. The swans won the flag. Saints fans need to live with that fact.

cheersquadsteve
24th October 2005, 09:56 PM
the best thing about winning the flag was standing in the toilet at 3qt time prelim final nite, having a piss and listening to those cocky arrogant #####s sing their bloody awful song and hear all their gloating.

almost as good as seeing them all leave 10 min into the final term

cruiser
24th October 2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by cheersquadsteve
That for me was one of the highlights of this finals series. I hate them almost as much as Port supporters.

goswannie14
24th October 2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by cheersquadsteve
I have never been rude to opposition supporters as a rule, but when they all started leaving I stood up waved and said something along the lines of "See you next year...", they had been so arrogant at the dome earlier in the year, so it was a bit of getting my own back. And I loved it;) :D ;)

elroy67
24th October 2005, 11:49 PM
I only know 2 saints supporters, both members, and I consider both to be good judges of footy, and fair level headed types.

I suppose that must account for all of them.:D

airpoe
25th October 2005, 12:03 AM
Most saints supporters believed they will win the flag after beating Adelaide.

As you hear all their fans buying GF tickets and complaining they can't get them the week before the swans played them.

When they lost they said we won cos of extra salary cap and it was fixed by the AFL to get the swans to win. (well that is not the case when you look at the free kick count at 3/4 time in the PF it was like 17-6 or something against us)

Well they can shove it!!

BeeEmmAre
25th October 2005, 12:28 AM
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh when the Swans
Go marching in
Oh when the Swans go marching in
Oh how I'm proud I'm not with St Kilda
Cause the Swans went marching in

Oh when the Swans (oh when the Swans)
Go marching in (go marching in)
Oh when the Swans go marching in
Oh how I'm proud I'm not with St Kilda
Cause the Swans went marching in

Wonder what would be said if someone got on over there and posted this?????

swans05
25th October 2005, 12:29 AM
got my hands on the sainters theme song

oh when the saints
lose a prelim final
oh when the saints
lose another prelim
oh how i want
to beat st kilda
in the preliminary final

in 2004(milne only)
in 2004(rest of team)
we lost to the power
they won the flag(milne only)
they won the flag(rest)
oh how it went so sour

then in 2005(milne only)
then in 2005(rest)
we met the bloods
got our ----- handed to us
they won the flag(milne)
they won the flag(team)
why do we play like duds(team except r harvey)

what about 2006(milne)
what about 2006(team)
met the swans again.....

goswannie14
25th October 2005, 08:33 AM
Most saints supporters believed they will win the flag after beating Adelaide.

As you hear all their fans buying GF tickets and complaining they can't get them the week before the swans played them.

When they lost they said we won cos of extra salary cap and it was fixed by the AFL to get the swans to win. (well that is not the case when you look at the free kick count at 3/4 time in the PF it was like 17-6 or something against us)

Well they can shove it!!
The free kick count was 18-9 at 3/4 time and in the third quarter it was 7-1. I love the footage of Hally telling McLaren that the free kick count was 2-1, McLaren didn't know what to do...but then that sums up how he umpires:mad:

But obviuosly it was a plot against St KIlda so the Swans could win the flag;)

giant
25th October 2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Nico

Imagine if they dont rise to the expectations next year. They will be baying for more than Thomas's blood. Their tenure on the title "club mostly likely" is very shaky indeed.

Yes, and then Kosi, ball, Dal Santo etc might be thinking "I turned down an extra $200K a year for this?"

Sanecow
25th October 2005, 12:21 PM
They are a rabble. The Coleman medal winner was put into defense in the biggest game of the year. Genius. Remove your spearhead and let your backs know you don't have faith in them.

Their "stars" are too old and too slow.

cruiser
25th October 2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by giant
Yes, and then Kosi, ball, Dal Santo etc might be thinking "I turned down an extra $200K a year for this?"
Have the chequebook ready Miles.

Lucky Knickers
25th October 2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by #######
Their "stars" are too old and too slow.

This reminds me of an Eagles supporter who sent me a message before the GF who told me we would lose for exactly the same reason! And you can imagine how happy I was to reply on Saturday evening!!!! :D

THERBS
25th October 2005, 01:53 PM
I think that this thread is great. Another way to bask in the glory. Don't really care about St Kilda fans. They can whinge as much as they like. I just keep on hearing Roos yell 'Here it is!'. That's all that matters to me.

Doctor
26th October 2005, 12:46 AM
How's the form of that clown on the St Kilda thread with his belief that it was a conspiracy headed by Demetriou to get Hall off and that we won by 4 because that's what he tipped. What an absolute joke.

St Kilda fans should be looking at their own players and asking why, with a Grand Final beckoning, they turned in such an anaemic final quarter. It's all well and good to blame the CEO of the AFL, or take out your anger on the Swannies, but looking in their own back yard might be the best way for them to go a bit closer next year.

I hope they don't however :-)

goswannie14
26th October 2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Doctor
How's the form of that clown on the St Kilda thread with his belief that it was a conspiracy headed by Demetriou to get Hall off and that we won by 4 because that's what he tipped. What an absolute joke.

St Kilda fans should be looking at their own players and asking why, with a Grand Final beckoning, they turned in such an anaemic final quarter. It's all well and good to blame the CEO of the AFL, or take out your anger on the Swannies, but looking in their own back yard might be the best way for them to go a bit closer next year.

I hope they don't however :-) It is a bit of a laugh isn't it:D

The sad thing is that some of them actually believe it:confused:

Thunder Shaker
26th October 2005, 04:52 PM
St Kilda - too many spoons, not enough silverware.

Some of their fans should learn to stop eating the carrion in the Kalahari. Too many of them seem to have rabies.

possumfeatures
26th October 2005, 06:10 PM
While it is great fun to have a laugh at the Saints supporters, I have to refrain from having a go at them. My internal regime of honouring superstitions hasn't yet adjusted to the premiership and I am way too afraid of attracting bad football karma to let loose.

Mind you, if I was ever going to, the Saints supporters would be my prime target. I'm surrounded by them at work, in my suburb
(the supermarket was a nightmare prior to the PF) and even my social circle is dominated by them.

And yet I say nothing, although I have developed a rather smug knowing look!

monopoly19
26th October 2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by THERBS
I just keep on hearing Roos yell 'Here it is!'.

Everytime my Dad hands me something or shows me something there's the obligatory "here it is!" It keeps me laughing.

BonBon
26th October 2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by monopoly19
Everytime my Dad hands me something or shows me something there's the obligatory "here it is!" It keeps me laughing.
That's cute.

satchmopugdog
26th October 2005, 08:51 PM
I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing but sainsational is now my 2nd most visited site due to its entertainment value.
There are Saints supporters galore where I live as it is Darrel Baldock country and we have been able to see them play at York Park the last couple of years. It is true they go straight from being acknowledged losers to really cocky. The Sainters I work with for example are reasonable human beings until they experience some success and they become sooo smug it makes you feel sick. I go straight from supporting them as my 3rd team to hating them with a passion.

I hope I haven't been tooo smug and they say the same about the Swans Supporter. Note the singular as there is only ever one of me against the hordes of roos,hawks.bombers,blues,saints,cats,maggies.

airpoe
26th October 2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by satchmopugdog
I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing but sainsational is now my 2nd most visited site due to its entertainment value.
There are Saints supporters galore where I live as it is Darrel Baldock country and we have been able to see them play at York Park the last couple of years. It is true they go straight from being acknowledged losers to really cocky. The Sainters I work with for example are reasonable human beings until they experience some success and they become sooo smug it makes you feel sick. I go straight from supporting them as my 3rd team to hating them with a passion.

Once their team maybe bottomed out a few years and got priority picks and started to have success, they believed it was their god dam right to win GF and that every other team must bow to them!
As speaking to their fans whom some are my friends they believed they were home "won the GF'" when they beat Adelaide at AAMI

goswannie14
26th October 2005, 09:42 PM
I say let them stay bitter....forever....or at least whilst GT is their coach.:p

Destructive
26th October 2005, 09:47 PM

Am I overreacting here?"

Yes, he is!

tantrum
26th October 2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
I say let them stay bitter....forever....or at least whilst GT is their coach.:p

I agree. Backstabbers shouldn't prosper, although they often do.

airpoe
27th October 2005, 12:47 AM
Another comment by a saints fan

"i nearly puke every time i see that ad on tv with the swans celebrating and surrounded by tickertape. should have been us if we were not cruelled for injuries. we'll win it in '06."

Still bitter and twisted and not facing the fact that they lost.

goswannie14
27th October 2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by tantrum
I agree. Backstabbers shouldn't prosper, although they often do. The best thing is that if GT hadn't shafted Blight, the Saints probably would have had a couple of premierships by now. With the list that they have...and a coach. Oh well...too bad..it's their bed they can lie in it ...and continue to lose:D

Dave
27th October 2005, 10:14 AM
Another comment by a saints fan

"should have been us if we were not cruelled for injuries.

Gold!:p

It wasn't just the injuries. Their whole mindset is wrong. Cornflakes has been talking them up for years a la Daniher with Melb, but when it comes to the crunch they fold like cheap suits.

craigusvegas
28th October 2005, 12:54 AM
the saints deserve no success. the saints and GT in particluar deserve eternal damnation for the infamous '02 draw. the worst game in history (apart from the fremantle '01 game) - the true ultra- flood-never to be repeated. why didn't thomas send ALL of the saints down to the swans forward line in the last quarter of the PF to try and stem the tide?

the PF win was all the sweeter for the saints cockiness in week before the PF - molly meldrum painting the premiership cup on his front fence was particularly amusing - right up until 3/4 time PF - that is priceless!!!!!!!!
kosi and del santo signing to stay in a premiership team is even funnier. not a snowflakes!

Jeffers1984
28th October 2005, 08:21 AM
You gotta love Cornflakes for staying with the Aints. Any other coach who had a list like that at their disposal would of at least won 2 premierships.

Onya Cornflakes, we love ya work at the Aints!!

Go Swannies
28th October 2005, 02:28 PM
There are some very funny old Eagles threads being given a new airing over on Big Footy, too.

ScottH
28th October 2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
There are some very funny old Eagles threads being given a new airing over on Big Footy, too. Fun times to be had over there.

Sanecow
28th October 2005, 02:44 PM
I am enjoying it.

giant
28th October 2005, 05:19 PM
Needless to say, I love sinking the slipper into cocky Saints supporters as much as the next bloke but probably fair to separate the team from the supporters. I doubt the team think they are as destined to win a premiership as the supporters seem to (tho some of the comments when a few of the players re-signed might suggest otherwise).

On the whole, their second half of the season was excellent & they did ok in the finals given everyone had written them off after the Freo game. If they have most of their squad to choose from next year, I'd be surprised if they are not contenders.

Sadly, however, they can never be Premiers 2005. Actually, now that I think about it, it's probably not that sad.

Thunder Shaker
28th October 2005, 05:50 PM
There's no good reason why the Saints can't step up next year. They have sacked their fitness department, so they should do better at managing soft tissue injuries next year. If they have a good season, they should go deep into September again.

Good swords with keen blades are forged by heating them first. The same goes for premiership sides. Often the experience of disappointment is needed to spur players on to success. Port did it in 2004, we did it this year. The Eagles and Saints are well placed for next year's flag.

Should we not win it next year, I hope the Dogs get up. They've now gone the longest without a flag.

giant
28th October 2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Shaker

Should we not win it next year, I hope the Dogs get up. They've now gone the longest without a flag.

Red Sox/Swans/Tigers/White Sox/Doggies would make for an amazing quadrella plus one.

Big Al
28th October 2005, 09:30 PM

After the support and good wishes we got from Dockers fans I hope they can have a crack.

I Still havent forgiven the Dogs for the Libertore/Kel incident.

goswannie14
29th October 2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Big Al
After the support and good wishes we got from Dockers fans I hope they can have a crack.

I Still havent forgiven the Dogs for the Libertore/Kel incident. Was that the squirrel grip incident? I love it, Kel gets away with punching Libber because of the squirrel grip being applied:o

Reggi
29th October 2005, 10:57 AM
You can't give The Aints much hope

- Ageing side - their best player is 34
- The Wham! of midfields
- Defence is AFL mediocre - and terrible compared to the likes of Adelaide, West Coast, Sydney.
- Ruck division - best described as a ruck division put together by someone who has heard you need one, but never seen one actually play.

They will be the first top 4 side pushed out by another rising side, whether it be a re-vitalised Pert Adelaide, the last hurrah of Brisbane or a younger Vic side on the rise

Thunder Shaker
30th October 2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Big Al

I Still havent forgiven the Dogs for the Libertore/Kel incident.
The Dockers are another side that I would like to see win it but I think they're a year or two away. I hope they get to win a final next season.

As for Libba/Kel, both players have now retired so there's no point holding a grudge. I would love to see West and Giansiracusa playing in a few finals. And I'm curious to see how Dogs fans celebrate a premiership.

goswannie14
30th October 2005, 09:23 PM
I'm curious to see how Dogs fans celebrate a premiership. By sipping beer out of a moccasin:D

Mark Busuttil
30th October 2005, 09:35 PM
I'm a bit scared reading some of the early responses to this topic. I remember the last final we lost to St.Kilda & they weren't smart or cocky to me (maybe I was lucky). However this Premiership has taught me
- how to be humble & enjoy the win but not at the expense of others (who cares what others think)
- How much it means to me to win & how great it would be for others like Bulldogs, Melbourne, Geelong, etc. to break their droughts & share in the joy that I have just felt.

Nobody's opinion matters bur your own - don't get sucked in by others

goswannie14
30th October 2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Mark Busuttil
I'm a bit scared reading some of the early responses to this topic. I remember the last final we lost to St.Kilda & they weren't smart or cocky to me (maybe I was lucky). However this Premiership has taught me
- how to be humble & enjoy the win but not at the expense of others (who cares what others think)
- How much it means to me to win & how great it would be for others like Bulldogs, Melbourne, Geelong, etc. to break their droughts & share in the joy that I have just felt.

Nobody's opinion matters bur your own - don't get sucked in by others I wouldn't mind Melbourne or Geelong winning, but couldn't care two hoots about Western Bulldogs and Stkilda...but in the end I really rather see us win it again:D