PDA

View Full Version : eBay Sydney Swans stuff

Bear
25th October 2005, 01:51 PM
Just doing a search on eBay for 'Sydney Swans' brings up some interesting stuff. Even a Troy Luff trading card for 2.50!!

I'm still looking to buy the premiership cup and it's on eBay for $219 as opposed to through the club for $240... so I might wait a while until the Xmas clearances...

Anyone else found eBay much cheaper for GF memorabilia, and Swans stuff? Has anyone had any hassles with delivery, etc?

Look herehttp://search.ebay.com.au/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=sydney+swans

BonBon
25th October 2005, 02:03 PM
Ryano's Jeans for Genes day jeans are up and auctioning again.

Sanecow
25th October 2005, 02:07 PM
I tried to arrange finance for you.

desredandwhite
25th October 2005, 02:13 PM
The thing about eBay is that you are usually not dealing with one seller, you're dealing with lots of individual sellers, so all their refund/delivery etc policies will be different. Some are more trustworthy than others. Some are more reliable than others. I look around on eBay fairly regularly, but more to get a feel for what prices something might be commanding at the moment. I find that items usually get bids up to about the standard value for them anyway, so lots of times they won't be any cheaper than buying from a "proper" seller, and with less peace-of-mind.

It's good for second hand, rare stuff though of course.

BonBon
25th October 2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Moo
I tried to arrange finance for you.
It's ok, just make it a Christmas present from you, my dearest Uncle.

Sanecow
25th October 2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
The thing about eBay is that you are usually not dealing with one seller, you're dealing with lots of individual sellers, so all their refund/delivery etc policies will be different.

Really? I thought eBay was one big company.

Bear
25th October 2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
The thing about eBay is that you are usually not dealing with one seller, you're dealing with lots of individual sellers, so all their refund/delivery etc policies will be different. Some are more trustworthy than others. Some are more reliable than others. I look around on eBay fairly regularly, but more to get a feel for what prices something might be commanding at the moment. I find that items usually get bids up to about the standard value for them anyway, so lots of times they won't be any cheaper than buying from a "proper" seller, and with less peace-of-mind.

It's good for second hand, rare stuff though of course.

Yeah I suppose lots of 'commodity' items would not be much cheaper as it becomes more mainstream to buy from eBay... worth a look through every once in a while though as you say. It's amazing what Swans stuff is on there.

ScottH
25th October 2005, 02:26 PM
THey have been selling $2 WEG posters for up to $15 + P&H, some pple are stupid.

And Air Filled Swans Carlton beer cans for $14.99. another top price. :roll eyes:

Sanecow
25th October 2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by #######
THey have been selling $2 WEG posters for up to $15 + P&H, some pple are stupid.

And Air Filled Swans Carlton beer cans for $14.99. another top price. :roll eyes:

Please stop trying to avoid the swear filter.

BonBon
25th October 2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by #######
Please stop trying to avoid the swear filter.
:flashingbum:

goswannie14
25th October 2005, 02:42 PM
The thing with ebay is that you have to know your prices. If not, then you can get caught out.

The week after the GF there were over 900 Sydnet Swans items on ebay. I think many people went through there cupboards to find anything that they had to do with Sydney/SMFC to see if they could make a few dollars.