PDA

View Full Version : What team?

Go Swannies
8th November 2005, 10:23 AM
Reading the Nick Davis thread and the Cats hurting, I recalled the game against the Tigers in 2004. We had been playing well, they had been playing like, well, the Tigers. It was at the SCG, it rained, Richo was brilliant. It was the last game that the Swans simply capitulated and lost. At the end of the game the Tigers fans I work with (I'm in Sydney but head office is in Melbourne) all called.

My bloody phone immediately lit up like a Xmas tree. I answered the first couple and did the magnanimous "You were great, we were crap" until I was hurting too much and just turned my phone off. The next day I said my battery had gone flat - but not a soul believed me.

What tale do you have to tell about friends or family who support another team?

Snowy
8th November 2005, 10:39 AM
Thompson is still whingeing about having players out etc. Fact is Ottens wasn't playing. He was interviewed last night and in this morning's press and is still focussing on that. He was lucky he had the ground watered and his team knew about it at the time. In fact he was lucky the groundsmen followed his orders.

goswannie14
8th November 2005, 12:45 PM
Most of my family follow the "Bummers". For once we have beaten them both games this year. We went to the "dome" game with all the family. After the first quarter, my brother moved to the other end of our seats. So I sat with mywife, Dad and sister-in-law at one and, while he sat at the other end with all the rest of the family in between. He is just as passionate about them as I am about the Swans, so it was the safest way to go.

Of course the 4 of us sang the song long and loud at the end og the match. But it was hugs and kisses all round as we all said good bye for the night.

Go Swannies
8th November 2005, 12:55 PM
A few years ago I went to a Dome game against the Tigers with a whole bunch of my Tigers mates. Apparently I was so enthused that they drew straws for who had to sit alongside me in the last quarter. My wife refused to take a straw.

goswannie14
8th November 2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
A few years ago I went to a Dome game against the Tigers with a whole bunch of my Tigers mates. Apparently I was so enthused that they drew straws for who had to sit alongside me in the last quarter. My wife refused to take a straw. Was that the one we won by a point?

Go Swannies
8th November 2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Was that the one we won by a point?

Nope. We lost.

woo
8th November 2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
Nope. We lost.

I had to sit next to my brother on the flight back from melb after 96 grand final....hes a north supporter and a very vocal one at that....I wanted to jump out of the plane.

ScottH
8th November 2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by woo
I had to sit next to my brother on the flight back from melb after 96 grand final....hes a north supporter and a very vocal one at that....I wanted to jump out of the plane. That is the downside of not allowing sharp objects on aircraft.

Mark Busuttil
8th November 2005, 10:42 PM
Posted on the Nick Davis site, but do you remember 2001 when the Dons (it's always the Dons) beat us with Allesio kicking a goal just before the siren. At least we've beaten them a few times close, but that game hurt

woo
8th November 2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
That is the downside of not allowing sharp objects on aircraft.

I believe he felt a few flags hit him on that flight

ScottH
9th November 2005, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Mark Busuttil
Posted on the Nick Davis site, but do you remember 2001 when the Dons (it's always the Dons) beat us with Allesio kicking a goal just before the siren. At least we've beaten them a few times close, but that game hurt Especially when people keep reminding us!!! ;)

ScottH
9th November 2005, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by woo
I believe he felt a few flags hit him on that flight Something about eyes and blunt sticks, eh.