PDA

View Full Version : The Saints still suffer

cruiser
12th January 2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks to us! :D

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=242457

I hope we can add to their misery again in 2006.

goswannie14
12th January 2006, 11:16 AM
I second that!!!!!

I still don't think they will go any further than they have in the last two years whilst Grant Thomas is coach.:)

Old Royboy
12th January 2006, 11:57 AM
IN their never ending search for improvement I see the Saints have elected Milne to their leadership group. One can only hope they follow his past examples of how (not) to play finals matches.

Jeffers1984
12th January 2006, 11:59 AM
The Aints can bleed baby. Love it. Think i'll go watch the massacre of the last quarter again!

OldE
12th January 2006, 01:50 PM
Luke Ball looks like a Furby.

Sanecow
12th January 2006, 02:01 PM
I think we were a couple of goals up at three-quarter time and just to let the floodgates open like that ... if a situation like that happens again - it doesn't have to be in a final - what can we do to arrest it?

And thus the rest of the AFL adopted the Swans strategy of slowing down the game with short passing when the opposition is running hot. What new rules will be introduced to combat this innovation?

craigusvegas
12th January 2006, 08:38 PM
did anyone get a record of the the saints 'well being index' after the PF? I wonder if thomas handed the WBI forms after that game?
imagine the players sitting down with the clipboard and pen filling in the forms after that last qtr.
a very large LOL!!!!!!!!

Big Al
12th January 2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
Thanks to us! :D

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=242457

I hope we can add to their misery again in 2006.

At least he puts a positive spin on things by saying they were beaten by the best team this year. How sweet it is. :)

cruiser
12th January 2006, 11:06 PM
It was the sweetest, sweetest revenge for that game at Telstra Dome back in May. Mwah ha ha ha. :D :D

humphrey bear
13th January 2006, 10:42 AM
Sy Kilda are absolute certainties to win the premiership this year. Put every dollar you can find on them and then send me a present in September when you collect.

woo
13th January 2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by humphrey bear
Sy Kilda are absolute certainties to win the premiership this year. Put every dollar you can find on them and then send me a present in September when you collect.

what about Weagles?

william wallace
13th January 2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by woo
what about Weagles?

I'm with HB... They seem to have done the apprenticeship. If they don't win it this year, then Thomas is history. He's in the same situation (relatively) that mark williams found himself in before the 2004 season.

graystar
13th January 2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984
The Aints can bleed baby. Love it. Think i'll go watch the massacre of the last quarter again!

I watched that two days go with a nice whisky in my hand. We really were all over them.

goswannie14
14th January 2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by humphrey bear
Sy Kilda are absolute certainties to win the premiership this year. Put every dollar you can find on them and then send me a present in September when you collect. No way...they still have the same lousy coach, Doesn't matter how good your list is if the guy at the top can't coach

JF_Bay22_SCG
14th January 2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
No way...they still have the same lousy coach, Doesn't matter how good your list is if the guy at the top can't coach

Exactly. You DON'T win a Premiership playing an overweight slow full forward on a star CHF/FF.

They had their chance in 2004 at Football Park against Port. But their idiot fans thought it was better to run onto the field to celebrate Mullet Boy's 100th sausage roll. This when their team was on a roll and 4 goals up on their opponents away from home.

Some people do NOT deserve to be Premiers, I swear! :o

JF

Deano Supremo
15th January 2006, 11:39 PM
"Cornflakes" Thomas is a disgrace.

St Kilda won't win a premiership while this clown is around.

hammo
27th January 2006, 03:29 PM
Some great talent but spread too thinly. Harvey, Koz, Gherig, Reiwodlt and Hamill are all too injury prone.

Their defence is as much concern as the clown in the coaches box.

The expectation will be too much of a burden once again.