PDA

View Full Version : Adam Goodes

hammo
17th March 2006, 05:08 PM
Does anyone else think Goodsey is primed for his best season yet?

His game against Adelaide last year and the Grand Final show what he's capable of. Now that he's had an uninterrupted off season and is injury free it all points to him having a blinder.

If he's allowed to play the roaming wingman role (i.e no more experimenting at CHB) and Roosey relents by allowing him to ruck for a while each game, then I think he'll be back to Brownlow best.

Which means his current price of $81 is absolutely ridiculous!

Magic Man
17th March 2006, 05:43 PM
I agree Hammo, altough he did look like he had either put on some bulk on the weekend or was just carrying a bit of extra kgs. Which I am sure is normal for 3 weeks from season proper.
I agree though definitely on a wing is his best position, failing that a place in the center but no KP spot.

satchmopugdog
17th March 2006, 06:03 PM
I have had this vibe for a while. As Kath and Kim would say,"I can feel it in my waters"

Schneiderman
17th March 2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Magic Man
I agree Hammo, altough he did look like he had either put on some bulk on the weekend or was just carrying a bit of extra kgs.

He seems to have put on bulk every year since 2003, hopefully in an effort to have him do more time in the ruck.

I certainly hopes he has a blinder this year, because I rate him as our 'X' factor. He is the one player (ok, probably also Micky) who just cannot be matched up with, and in return can really hurt every other team out there.

I hope having a premiership medal around his neck has convinced him he not only has the capability, but needs to put in 100% every game. Just like the Adelaide game.

Foreign Legion
18th March 2006, 12:45 AM
Apart from a couple of understandable skill errors at OO a few weeks ago he looked sensational. Looked very fit and seems to be bigger? Dunno - maybe put on a few kilos but does look taller.

I'll put a few on him merely because if he gets in a 1 on 1 situation he beats everyone big or small.

If Goodesy is doing well after 3 rounds put the house on him. Well, maybe the bungalow but still.....

timthefish
18th March 2006, 01:03 AM
got a good feeling that this will be viewed as good as his best season so far but not as good as his best by the end of his career.

with the return of confidence i think he's worthy of receiving a premiership medal and a norm smith on the same day. maybe another charlie to boot.

what did we get him at again? pick 42?

Nico
18th March 2006, 01:52 PM
When we played Sheedy's baby/old baby Bombers in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago he starred in the first half, then just coasted.

He is saving himself for the real stuff, he looks in great nick.

Jeffers1984
18th March 2006, 07:52 PM
Goodes is in superb touch. He was superb today and never seemed to leave 2nd gear. Big year ahead for the Goodes train.

Old Royboy
18th March 2006, 09:55 PM
On what I saw today he still got the flair, but has lost the lair. As I said in my match report, great game today; hope he carries it over to the season proper.

NMWBloods
18th March 2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Old Royboy
On what I saw today he still got the flair, but has lost the lair. Flair without the lair is what I've been hoping to see - it would be awesome!

satchmopugdog
19th March 2006, 11:28 AM
Just like anything else you have to practice it to get it right,so we have put our head in our hands over the years with the lair. Now is the time for Adam to reap the reward from all that practice and just get flair.

If I had that type of brain I'm sure I could turn it into a mathematical formula.

Lair+practice,practice,practice= flair

LukeHodge15
19th March 2006, 05:26 PM
do u reckon there is any chance that he will play in the ruck this year..........u guys look so much more dangerous with goodes in the square.

or is roos taking the safer option and banning goodes from the ruck

Reggi
19th March 2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by LukeHodge15
do u reckon there is any chance that he will play in the ruck this year..........u guys look so much more dangerous with goodes in the square.

or is roos taking the safer option and banning goodes from the ruck

Nah we played him on a wing and won a Premiership

goswannie14
19th March 2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Reggi
Nah we played him on a wing and won a Premiership There were times during the year when he looked absolutely awesome whilst playing on the wing. The best part is that no-one in the league can match up to him. If they can run with him they are too short, and if they try to match up with him height wise they can't keep up with him around the ground.:D I hope he's in for one of his best years yet.

Schneiderman
19th March 2006, 06:07 PM
I actually think he makes a great pinch-hitting Ruck Rover. Put him in the square and it confuses the hell out of the opposition.

dread and might
21st March 2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Schneiderman

I certainly hopes he has a blinder this year, because I rate him as our 'X' factor. He is the one player (ok, probably also Micky) who just cannot be matched up with,

Much as I love Micky O; there are a few players who consistently play well on him. With Goodes it seems to be more about wether he himself is playing well or not. Obviously we are comparing different types of player at different stages of their career, but Goodes is certainly the number one matchup nightmare when he is "ON"

Eala ?ireann
21st March 2006, 10:53 PM
Goodesy is the consumate athlete. Massive frame but unbelieveable agility, stamina and speed. When he fires, he's unstoppable and I think he is maturing now to a stage where he can achieve consistency. If he can, he'll be the mvp in the whole comp.

penga
21st March 2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by dread and might
Much as I love Micky O; there are a few players who consistently play well on him.

His duels with Clement are a sight to savour. 2004 Rd 13, each were BOG for their respective clubs.

william wallace
22nd March 2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Schneiderman
I actually think he makes a great pinch-hitting Ruck Rover.

Spot on schneids. But i would say he should be the starting ruck rover. Give him as much time as possible on the ball. He's a big body at stopages/contests, and has the fitness to be an extra marking option all over the ground. He is the perfect ruck rover for the modern game. (IMHO)

LukeHodge15
22nd March 2006, 11:30 AM
is he fit though, what sorta pre-season has he had behind him?

i agree with u guys, play him on the ball wether it be as a ruck rover or ruckman