PDA

View Full Version : What jumper for the Heritage Round?

goswannie14
20th March 2006, 10:10 PM
What jumper design will the Swans wear for the Heritage Round this year? Given that we wore the white with red V because that was the last jumper we had won a premiership in before last year, what will we wear this year? Will it be the "opera house" everyday jumper bacause that is the last one we wore to win a Grand Final, or should we go back to some of the really old designs?

All of these designs can be found on the Swans homepage in the history pdf file. Page 13.

swans4ever
20th March 2006, 10:35 PM
well o'keefe would look good in anything so it doesn't matter what jumper we wear:p

seriously though, I have always been a fan of the 'V' jumper but I think we should go something different this year, the SMFC one looks good except a bit too much red, I would vote for the 1907-1920 & 1922-1931 jumper with the red stash- it looks great:)

dimelb
20th March 2006, 10:41 PM
The hoops would make Baz look wider.

swans4ever
20th March 2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by dimelb
The hoops would make Baz look wider.
so true, so true. Maybe we should wear them then- might make the players look bigger and tougher!!

robbieando
21st March 2006, 01:12 AM
I would love to see White with a Red Sash (afterall we did win two Premierships wearing it), but the AFL has stated that they want this year's Hertiage Round to have an 1980's focus, which either leaves us with the normal Red V we wore from 1980-86 or the Current Opera House design with a White Back and thin Red stripe down the sides.

goswannie14
21st March 2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by robbieando
I would love to see White with a Red Sash (afterall we did win two Premierships wearing it), but the AFL has stated that they want this year's Hertiage Round to have an 1980's focus, which either leaves us with the normal Red V we wore from 1980-86 or the Current Opera House design with a White Back and thin Red stripe down the sides. Didn't it also have a red panel across the shoulders on the back of the jumper? I know there were a few versions before they settled on the red back.

katie-scarlett
21st March 2006, 09:41 AM
I vote the V.
peace man.

I'm sure ryan would want to wear the V as well.
2 birds with 1 stone.

GoBloods
21st March 2006, 12:58 PM
the big red V

Ruck'n'Roll
21st March 2006, 01:57 PM
I would love to see White with a Red Sash (afterall we did win two Premierships wearing it) Indeed it was/still is our most successfull jumper in terms of premierships won.

satchmopugdog
21st March 2006, 02:06 PM
I'm a fan of Where's Wally? so I go for the hoops.

Thunder Shaker
21st March 2006, 03:22 PM
I voted for the red V because it was an '80's jumper.

There's another '80's jumper missing from the list - the first Opera House jumper with the white back and red sides as worn from the 1987 season. That was the jumper we were wearing when we had 3 games in a row of 30 goals or more, including when we pur?ed the Bombers by 27 goals.

swansrule100
21st March 2006, 03:27 PM
anything but the same old one we have had every year so far. It is too white, i love to see it, but im hanging out to buy one i wont get so dirty! :)

hammo
21st March 2006, 04:07 PM
Is there any support for a freo-style all white and red V away strip??

At the very least I'd like us to wear the heritage jumper for a game in Melbourne every year.

katie-scarlett
21st March 2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by hammo
Is there any support for a freo-style all white and red V away strip??

At the very least I'd like us to wear the heritage jumper for a game in Melbourne every year.
oui oui!

I've always been up for this idea hammo.
I really like the big red V, would make a nice away guernsey.

goswannie14
21st March 2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
I voted for the red V because it was an '80's jumper.

There's another '80's jumper missing from the list - the first Opera House jumper with the white back and red sides as worn from the 1987 season. That was the jumper we were wearing when we had 3 games in a row of 30 goals or more, including when we pur?ed the Bombers by 27 goals. Sorry...I just went from the 6 in the club history, but there has been mention of that one in earlier posts.

goswannie14
21st March 2006, 07:54 PM
...the AFL has stated that they want this year's Hertiage Round to have an 1980's focus. Gee that will create interest...

Adelaide...did not exist
Brisbane...Killer Koala
Carlton...no change
Collingwood...black stripes on white instead of white on black
Essendon...no change
Fremantle...did not exist
Geelong...no change
Hawthorn...no change
Kangaroos...blue and white vertical stripes (no changefor some weeks)
Melbourne...royal blue instead of navy blue
Port Adelaide...did not exist as "Power" otherwise SANFL jumper
Richmond...no change
St Kilda...no change
Sydney...already used in last few heritage rounds, or every week
West Coast...blue on yellow instead of yellow on blue
Bulldogs...same except for no bulldog on front.

6 clubs wear the same jumpers as the 80's, 3 did not exist,2 reversed their colours on the uniform, 1 club merged and 4 have made minor alterations. Can't see that as a good marketing ploy.:frown

Big Al
21st March 2006, 08:00 PM
I think the AFL were referring to the spray on shorts in the 80's. Can you imagine Bon Bon and co with O'keefe wearing the 80's shorts :D

AHunter
21st March 2006, 08:06 PM
Pre 1900 for mine. When footy was tough. Bring back the blood to the bloods boys.

Thunder Shaker
21st March 2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Gee that will create interest...

Adelaide...did not exist
Fremantle...did not exist

Make them play "skins" and write the players' numbers on the back with a big black texta

goswannie14
22nd March 2006, 04:44 PM
I'm surprised that the club hasn't thought to rotate through all of the jumpers with the hope that people will buy a new one each year.

goswannie14
17th June 2006, 05:31 PM
Bump...

According to the club shop on the Swans website it's the same jumper as last year, and the year before etc etc.:frown

Source (http://shop.afl.com.au/swans/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=Product%5FCatalog&category%5Fname=10+Puma+on+field&Page=1)

Tuesday
17th June 2006, 06:41 PM
I am surprised our friend BBBHNo1 has not yet mentioned something about Ryany-wyony... :o

Destructive
17th June 2006, 06:51 PM
I voted for the 2005 premiership jumper.

573v30
17th June 2006, 11:45 PM
Well if the red V will be used again this year, I'm for it. This whole '80s Heritage Round gimmick probably won't be as great as many expect it to be. I doubt they'd revert back to the rules that were imposed way back then either...

Sanecow
18th June 2006, 12:04 AM
The sash, especially if it's randomly right shoulder / left hip or left shoulder / right hip depending on how your mum made it.

satchmopugdog
18th June 2006, 10:47 AM
Now We're talking heritage....each player has to have a homemade jumper out of that coarse woollen stuff out of which they used to be made.

They then have to be boiled and bleached to within an inch of their lives in order to get them white again after playing in the chocolate soil at Scottsdale. My brother played for City-South a Launceston team with the same strip as South Melbourne. The other teams all had black or navy/royal blue in their strips..very sensible. Plus there was the butchers clothing to clear of blood etc. Jeepers I'm glad I'm single and didn't have footballers.

wheels27
19th June 2006, 10:29 AM
I would have thought 'heritage round' should be whatever strip the club wore in their first competition game, in whatever league it may be, rather than arbitrarily choose a period in the clubs history.

I voted for the hoops.

cheersquadsteve
19th June 2006, 08:45 PM
seeing as we are playing richmond in the heritage round id like to see the white with red sash

id like to see the white with red v as our "alternate' strip from next season, if the afl enforce the "alternate " policy

what would be even better would be to see the heritage round for the bloods played in melbourne, or is the club worried there will be a groundswell of support for the return of the club back to south melbourne

FORZA FUTBOLROOS[B]