PDA

View Full Version : Hack of the week

Legs Akimbo
28th March 2006, 02:53 AM
Sheedy bull@@@@ (http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,18591017%255E19773,00.html)

Well, apparently our success last year was because we slipped under the radar of other teams. Sheedy was too dismissive of our team to bother researching our players, but now we 'got slipped under the radar' once to steal the premiership from Essendon and other unlucky teams they will be more vigilant.

Kevin Sheedy - plonker and hack of the week

P.S. - I wonder if sheedy's plan for the rest of the decade includes not dying of old age or simply becoming an irrelevant anacronyism

swans_premiers
28th March 2006, 03:03 AM
"We want to know where we are ourselves. Our form has been pretty good. Steady, right through the last six weeks," he said.

Lol yeah congrats on beating our U/19 side twice:o

Ruck'n'Roll
28th March 2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Legs Akimbo
[BKevin Sheedy - plonker and hack of the week
[/B]
We'll know soon enough, but it would be nice to beat the bombers and for Ted Richards to play a big part (thus burying the Considines of doubt).

Schneiderman
28th March 2006, 12:18 PM
Well Sheeds talks big, and is an amusing coach to that end. But...

ESSENDON coach Kevin Sheedy has warned Sydney it will carry a target on its back this season - not on the front note. This is because Essendon's slow aging midfield will only ever see our backs.

"I think Sydney slipped under the radar all of last year; they won't this year," Sheedy said. "They are a premiership side." - talk it up Kev. You know as well as every other coach that you are fighting a losing battle with the media to convince your own players of this fact. The Swans will go in as underdogs, yet again, into pretty much every game, and the egos of the other teams' 'superstars' need to be kept in check.

stevej
28th March 2006, 02:08 PM
How can a team that finishes in the finals 8 out of the last ten years "slip under the radar... That would mean that the opposition coach isn't doing his job!!!!! Sack the old codger i say.

Fairdinkum what a d(ckwit!!

Pommie Swannie
28th March 2006, 10:42 PM
Bucking the trend somewhat, I actually agree with Kev a bit!

I think the Swans did slip under the radar somewhat because whilst most saw them as genuine top-8 contenders, nobody saw them as a chance for the premiership.

Unfortunately for the other teams, once Roos let the team off the leash towards the end of the season, it was too late for anyone else, and momentum was generated going in to the finals (just ask Worsfold how important momentum is!)

Again, I'm more than happy that most see the Swans as also-rans. Bring it on I say! It would make the team's lives more difficult if all other 15 teams saw the game as a glamour 'must win' fixture (not that that's likely to happen! :) )

anniswan
28th March 2006, 11:21 PM
I think I will just pass this over to Dr J, and Reggi to answer.

Dr J stop unpacking those boxes for a minute or two to give us your opinion of your 2nd favorite team.