HB: Walsh, C.Cornes, S.Burgoyne
C: Dew, Thomson, P.Burgoyne
HF: Ebert, White, Pearce
F: Motlop, Thurstans, Lade
FOLL: Brogan, Cassisi, K.Cornes
I/C (from): Ezard, Lonie, Mahoney, Pettigrew, Salopek, Shattock, Symes
IN: Ezard, Lonie, Shattock, Symes, Thurstans
OUT: Chaplin (eye), Wanganeen (back)
NEW: James Ezard (Calder Cannons), Nathan Lonie (Hawthorn)

Field umpires: Allen, M.Nicholls, Meredith
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the odds we go with an unchanged side??? 95% I say.

Also good to see we don't get any of last weeks umps, pity we get Allen and Meredith who have @@@@@@ us over in the past.

Mike_B
6th April 2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
Also good to see we don't get any of last weeks umps, pity we get Allen and Meredith who have @@@@@@ us over in the past.

Allen gets the benefit of the doubt from me - simply because he umpired the GF. Of course that doubt will soon be gone in all likelihood, but I'll at least let him show his true colours before I criticise!

As for the team, would like to see Malceski in the side, say for McVeigh. But not expecting any unenforced changes.

swans85
6th April 2006, 08:51 PM
Meredith won us the game against Brisbane last year.

Mike_B
6th April 2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by swans85
Meredith won us the game against Brisbane last year.

And here I was thinking it was Barry Hall :confused:

Remember Meredith did us no favours against Essendon Rd 6 2004 with that free against Craig Bolton either. That was possibly the single worst decision of that season.

liz
6th April 2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B

As for the team, would like to see Malceski in the side, say for McVeigh. But not expecting any unenforced changes.

Given that there are probably four or five youngsters vying for the 22nd position in the team, there's not much point in bringing someone in for just one game and then dropping them. If they come in just to cover a one week injury, fair enough that they fall out the week later.

But in this case I reckon Roos needs to give McVeigh 3 weeks to prove he deserves the spot, and if he doesn't do enough, give Malceski, Moore or Schmidt a go for 3 weeks.

Mike_B
6th April 2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by liz
Given that there are probably four or five youngsters vying for the 22nd position in the team, there's not much point in bringing someone in for just one game and then dropping them. If they come in just to cover a one week injury, fair enough that they fall out the week later.

But in this case I reckon Roos needs to give McVeigh 3 weeks to prove he deserves the spot, and if he doesn't do enough, give Malceski, Moore or Schmidt a go for 3 weeks.

I agree on that point. I did say after the game last week that McVeigh needs to get a few more games to prove himself, but that if he can't, that others like Schmidt, Willoughby etc have to get a gig ahead of him later in the season.

Having said all that, I'd still rather see Malceski in the side ahead of McVeigh. If it means it twakes a couple more weeks, then I can wait that long, but would prefer it to be this week!

ugg
7th April 2006, 11:41 PM
Final teams:

Sydney: unchanged.
Port: Thurstans, Lonie in. Wanganeen, Chaplin out.