PDA

View Full Version : Loose man in defense

wyatt
9th April 2006, 06:48 PM
I'm sick and tired of opposition teams playing a loose man in defense against the Swans. Today Port had Chad Cornes, one of the best players in the AFL, playing the role for much of the game. He took marks at will (14 in total) and drifted into the forward line to kick 4 goals. Why do we continually allow this to happen? Why don't we man-up and try to balance out the contest? Any thoughts?

Swanner
9th April 2006, 07:25 PM
For part of the game Goodes was on him...so he obviously wasnt as accountable as he should have been

swannieserin
9th April 2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Swanner
For part of the game Goodes was on him...so he obviously wasnt as accountable as he should have been

Goodes was very often at least 10m behind his man. Same with most of the Swans really. But also, the Port players really accelerated away from them when the contests were closer.

Nico
9th April 2006, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wyatt
I'm sick and tired of opposition teams playing a loose man in defense against the Swans. Today Port had Chad Cornes, one of the best players in the AFL, playing the role for much of the game. He took marks at will (14 in total) and drifted into the forward line to kick 4 goals. Why do we continually allow this to happen? Why don't we man-up and try to balance out the contest? Any thoughts? [/QUOTE

Port had 22 loose men. Particularly no.7. Now who was on him?
I believe it was the imposter who wears Plugger's no.4.

Goodesy had a knee bandage today and didn't much moving around the ground as he usually does. Didn't look right to me.