PDA

View Full Version : Members Cap.

ScottH
12th April 2006, 09:14 AM
Does anyone else think it looks like it needs a propeller on top?

Watching the game on the weekend, they kept going to the crowd. There were many pockets of members wearing their new caps. With the triangular sections, it just looks as if it needs a propeller to complete the hat.

katie-scarlett
12th April 2006, 10:02 AM
Make a prototype and send it in Scott?

Mike_B
12th April 2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ScottH

Robbie and Gemma made that comment on Sunday.

Lucky Knickers
12th April 2006, 10:22 AM
Ha. Everyone looked like Elroy Jetson!

swansrock4eva
12th April 2006, 11:00 AM

Watching the game on the weekend, they kept going to the crowd. There were many pockets of members wearing their new caps. With the triangular sections, it just looks as if it needs a propeller to complete the hat.

As Mike said, my first comment when I saw them on Sunday was along the lines of requiring a propeller. I'm trying to remember where my 2004 cap is now so that I don't have to wear the 2006 one again!

JF_Bay22_SCG
12th April 2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by swansrock4eva
As Mike said, my first comment when I saw them on Sunday was along the lines of requiring a propeller. I'm trying to remember where my 2004 cap is now so that I don't have to wear the 2006 one again!

I gave my 2006 cap to Kingbenny who apparently doesn;t get one because his membership is through his company.

I will gladly scab the hat of you SR4E.

Gee, another Swans cap. I only have 6 in my possession.:o

JF

ScottH
12th April 2006, 01:07 PM
I'll stick to the Premiers one.

mocaholic
12th April 2006, 01:41 PM
Was gonna start a thread on this.

Not too concerned about the panels, although I admit that last year's design was far better - as I'm an old cricketer, I sorta can deal with panels.

To me the quality is crap compared with last year. Not as good a fit, the band around the forehead irritates my scalp (yeah I know - diddums - but it damn well annoys the bejeezers out of me) and I keep looking for the 'CAT Diesel' label. Feels like a 1970's Southern US trucker cap.

Of course having the 2005 members cap is a nod to the premiership Scotty.

Mel
12th April 2006, 01:52 PM

The rest of my family arrived before me on Sunday and as I was looked up at them in the crowd that was my exact thought. I think I'll be wearing last years or 2004s if I can find either of them.

woo
12th April 2006, 01:55 PM
the 2004 one was the goods, I'll never let it go.

katie-scarlett
12th April 2006, 02:04 PM
I like 97's one.
I think it's the 1997 one.. it has the big bold embroided 'SWANS' on it?

LittleSchneider
12th April 2006, 04:39 PM
When I looked across the Brewongle Concourse I thought people looked like clowns...

ugg
12th April 2006, 04:46 PM
I think we should have given the umpire with the white cap one of the members caps. Then we might have had some free kicks. In any case, they all look like clowns!

Jeffers1984
12th April 2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by LittleSchneider
When I looked across the Brewongle Concourse I thought people looked like clowns...
You only had to look straight ahead at the ground to see a bunch playing like clowns on Sunday.

goswannie14
12th April 2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by LittleSchneider
When I looked across the Brewongle Concourse I thought people looked like clowns... ...or was that you looking in the mirror?:p

Destructive
12th April 2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by swansrock4eva

Same problem here, I can't find my 2005 cap.

goswannie14
12th April 2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Destructive
Same problem here, I can't find my 2005 cap. I might be going back to the 2005 cap, it had a much better match day record!:eek:

cruiser
12th April 2006, 09:40 PM
This thread needs a poll. 2004 cap is still my favourite. The 2006 cap looks like it fell out of a show bag.

swannieserin
12th April 2006, 11:20 PM
I think I might make a propeller. Good conversation starter.

Bunyip
15th April 2006, 06:58 PM
Agreed. I've tried it out twice now, but put it away today in favour of the 2005.

The colouring also looks cheap somehow - not a deep red or something.

ROK Lobster
15th April 2006, 07:07 PM
I have just finished reading this thread I can hardly contain my disgust. We are the reigning PREMIERS you soft Sydney/Melbourne suck-holes. How dare you criticise the club that brought us so much joy 7 months ago. How quickly you turn. Not a real fan in the thread. You should ALL be ashamed.

Bunyip
15th April 2006, 07:27 PM
Yes, you're right, what was I thinking?!

I now have the new 2006 hat on, and I promise to keep it on until the world shuns me because my scalp is so malodorous.

PS. Anyone got a spare propeller?

bloodboy
16th April 2006, 01:16 AM
I didn't mind the hat when I first got it at the Essendon game but after reading this thread how could I wear it again??? I am back to the 2005 cap now, THANKS guys.

ScottH
16th April 2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
I have just finished reading this thread I can hardly contain my disgust. We are the reigning PREMIERS you soft Sydney/Melbourne suck-holes. How dare you criticise the club that brought us so much joy 7 months ago. How quickly you turn. Not a real fan in the thread. You should ALL be ashamed. So, you've already stuck the propeller on.

JF_Bay22_SCG
19th April 2006, 04:32 PM
So, you've already stuck the propeller on.

No, he wanted a big one, so thought the ceiling fan would look good! ;)

JF