PDA

View Full Version : So who has torn up their membership?

ROK Lobster
23rd April 2006, 09:51 PM
Anyone yet?

Bas
23rd April 2006, 09:54 PM
No, still gives me an excuse to get out of the house.

I've stopped buying food at the game though.

ROK Lobster
23rd April 2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Bas

I've stopped buying food at the game though. That's just good sense. I feel true anguish when the Villies ads still run at the SCG and then I have to endure a Balfour's. Hope they are still doing Villies at Telstra - will make the trip worthwhile.

ugg
23rd April 2006, 09:56 PM
Plastic's quite hard to rip with your bare hands.

stellation
23rd April 2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
That's just good sense. I feel true anguish when the Villies ads still run at the SCG and then I have to endure a Balfour's. Hope they are still doing Villies at Telstra - will make the trip worthwhile.
If you buy a hot dog get it from the stands outside.

woo
23rd April 2006, 09:58 PM
no way hozay...but I had a massive tantrum with my hang over this morning when leaving and couldn't find my card.....grrrr...

stellation
23rd April 2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by ugg
Ask them to remove the wrapper at the kiosk, then.

hawhawhawhawhaw

JF_Bay22_SCG
23rd April 2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by stellation
If you buy a hot dog get it from the stands outside.

The queues for food under the Churchill Stand are a disgrace. You miss 15-20 minutes of the game just standing in line.

I sniffed around and found the Fish & Chips food outlet further around towards the Ladies Stand under the Brewongle; only 3-5 in the queue & the chips big crispy & hot (just like Ryan O'Keefe really;) )

At half time I tend to go to the loos under the Brewongle. The toilets at the back of the hill are THE worst in the AFL (except Manuka). The ones under the Brewongle are actually clean & the queues are shorter.

One thing I'm debating doing next week is to NOT wear anything premiership. If I behave as if the Premiership never happened & did not sport any Premiership memorabilia, then the fire in the belly will return, right?

JF

cruiser
23rd April 2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Bas
I've stopped buying food at the game though. Spend it on beer - we'll all be needing to drink a lot at the games this year.

Old Royboy
23rd April 2006, 11:28 PM
Way behind the times ROK, the plastic cards are too tough.. According to PRE current disgruntled members now chuck their cards into the urinal.

NMWBloods
24th April 2006, 12:08 AM
I spat on mine. Couldn't be at the game and I can't spit far enough to hit the players anyway from the second level, so the card's the next best thing. Not pleasant for my wallet though...

liz
24th April 2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by ugg

I know it's trivial, but is anyone else having problems with the hard, clear plastic covers they've given us this year? I have plastic cuts all over my fingers this evening.:mad:

NMWBloods
24th April 2006, 12:23 AM
I ripped them up. I just stick the card in my wallet.

anniswan
24th April 2006, 12:31 AM
nah, the swans are not worth worrying over when you put it all into perspective. my daughter is in hospital with severe asthma and a very good friend of mine died yesterday, of a heart attack and that was before the Gel v Dogs game and he was a Gel supporter. 40 something fit as a mallee bull.

who gives a @@@@ about footy.

NMWBloods
24th April 2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by anniswan
nah, the swans are not worth worrying over when you put it all into perspective. my daughter is in hospital with severe asthma and a very good friend of mine died yesterday, of a heart attack and that was before the Gel v Dogs game and he was a Gel supporter. 40 something fit as a mallee bull.

who gives a @@@@ about footy. Real life always puts it into perspective - football is just a game.

Hope your daughter gets better soon and sorry about your friend.

anniswan
24th April 2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Real life always puts it into perspective - football is just a game.

Hope your daughter gets better soon and sorry about your friend.

sorry for the rant but i have been 48 hrs without sleep and needed to vent, blast whatever. plus i just worked out how to use my phone to access the net, while sitting in the kids ward at Sunshine Hosp

stellation
24th April 2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by liz
I know it's trivial, but is anyone else having problems with the hard, clear plastic covers they've given us this year? I have plastic cuts all over my fingers this evening.:mad:
I've picked up a couple of little cuts on my fingers in each of the first two games from folding the covers over.

Bas
24th April 2006, 11:13 AM
sorry for the rant but i have been 48 hrs without sleep and needed to vent, blast whatever. plus i just worked out how to use my phone to access the net, while sitting in the kids ward at Sunshine Hosp

I did that on Christmas night with my son after he had an allergic reaction to a prawn. The joy's of parenthood. I hope your daughter recovers quickly.

Terrible news about your friend. Unfortunately many people think that being fit and strong means that you're healthy. You can be very unfit yet still be healthy.

Everyone over 40 should have a stress test and/or heartscan because you never know if you're arteries are clogging up.

Annie. I've sent you a private message as well with some information.

silent lurker
24th April 2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Bas

Everyone over 40 should have a stress test and/or heartscan because you never know if you're arteries are clogging up.
Just make sure it's not one of those free stress tests. Those guys are only interested in converting you to Scientology.

JF_Bay22_SCG
24th April 2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by silent lurker
Just make sure it's not one of those free stress tests. Those guys are only interested in converting you to Scientology.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ already converted^^^^^^^^^^^^

So now I know why you wear those sunnies at matches SL. :cool:

JF ;)

Bas
24th April 2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by silent lurker

No, it's the treadmill one where you get physically pushed to exhaustion.

I won't even start on scientology!

L Ron's Atkins diet for the brain!

Mel
24th April 2006, 04:48 PM

who gives a @@@@ about footy.

Sorry to hear about your friend anni. I hope your daughter recovers quickly. As NMW said, real life stuff like this puts footy in perspective.