PDA

View Full Version : Year of the tank?

ROK Lobster
23rd April 2006, 09:52 PM
The 2006 draft is meant to be a ripper. Have the Swans decided that 2005 has secured their immediate future and that it is time to build a talented list?

goswannie14
23rd April 2006, 10:39 PM
Australia takes delivery of the Abrams tanks later this year, so it is the year of the new tank.;)

robbieando
23rd April 2006, 10:51 PM
Bryce Gibbs is suppose to be good:D

Snowy
23rd April 2006, 10:52 PM
The top five are exceptional talents.

OldE
23rd April 2006, 11:00 PM
A lot of little brothers due to go in this draft. We could get a Riewoldt of our very own...

liz
24th April 2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by eirinn
A lot of little brothers due to go in this draft. We could get a Riewoldt of our very own...

The Riewoldt is a cousin, not a brother.

Far far too early to be looking to draft picks but there certainly sound like some tasty KPP tidbits on offer this year.

Sellar, Gumbleton, Riewoldt, Thorpe, Hansen...

Never seen any of them play, other than brief snippets in last year's U18 but they sound good!

NMWBloods
24th April 2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by liz
Gumbleton Is this Frank's boy? Frank Gumbleton was an excellent, no-nonsense defender for North in the 1970s.

liz
24th April 2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Is this Frank's boy? Frank Gumbleton was an excellent, no-nonsense defender for North in the 1970s.

No idea, they're just names to me. But I believe he's a Western Australian.

Snowy
24th April 2006, 12:29 AM
Don't think Gumbleton's any relation but Mitchell Thorp a top prospect from Tassie is related to Nick Davis and Brent Crosswell (who is Craig Davis's cousin). Sellar and Gibbs are supposed to be very good and another top prospect is Selwood.

NMWBloods
24th April 2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Snowy
Nick Davis and Brent Crosswell (who is Craig Davis's cousin). I didn't realise that. Explains a lot!

Snowy
24th April 2006, 09:10 AM
I didn't realise that. Explains a lot!

Yes they're first cousins and both came over and played with Carlton in the early 70's. And Nick's mother's brother also played with the Blues at the time but left very early in his career and went back to Bendigo. So there is certainly some pedigree there.

Jeffers1984
24th April 2006, 09:27 AM
Lockie Hansen would be a great pick up for us!

Syd Swan
24th April 2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by eirinn

His name is Jack, seen him play a few times, not much of a footballer, its more the name than anything else.

Lucky Knickers
24th April 2006, 10:32 AM
Little brothers? Yeah - McVeighs worked out fantastically!

floppinab
24th April 2006, 10:35 AM
I didn't realise that. Explains a lot!

No it doesn't, you're talking about Tasmanians here!!!! :D