PDA

View Full Version : I think Sydney will beat Geelong

ROK Lobster
28th April 2006, 07:33 PM
Yes, I know that there are those who think that sometimes I am a little negative, but I think we will win on Sat night (and I am talking about the seniors v Geelong). No real reason, other than I have a good feeling about it...

Destructive
28th April 2006, 07:38 PM
I agree with the Lobster, I think we'll beat Geelong too. I think we are up for a red hot performance.

Slick Swans
28th April 2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah i'm jumping on the "winning against geelong" bandwagon too. i didn't think we played ll that bad last week, we just couldn't finish off the job. Heres hoping

NMWBloods
28th April 2006, 07:51 PM
I think we'll win ugly 11 goals to 9.

ROK Lobster
28th April 2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I think we'll win ugly 11 goals to 9. The uglier the better.

Bas
28th April 2006, 08:25 PM
I think the Swans will be back in the changerooms before Geelong.

Now that's a positive way of saying it.

Swans will win all games after that though.

dimelb
28th April 2006, 08:42 PM
I've tipped Swans. With our ins (even allowing for Davis) and their outs (even allowing for Scarlett) we have a good chance.

Legs Akimbo
28th April 2006, 08:43 PM
I am cautiously pessimistic.

goswannie14
28th April 2006, 08:56 PM
Last year about this time I tipped against the Swans for the only time in the season. They then beat Brisbane after the siren. I am hoping that history will repeat so I tipped Geelong in the hope that it will spur the Swans on to slap me in the face as they did last year.:cool:

BonBon
28th April 2006, 08:57 PM
I tipped Geelong.

goswannie14
28th April 2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by BonBon
I tipped Geelong. At least I gave a reason for it.;)

NMWBloods
28th April 2006, 09:03 PM
I also think this will be a game that will not be worth re-watching on replay!

JF_Bay22_SCG
28th April 2006, 09:03 PM
I changed my tip 3 times over the last day or two. Thought I would be kicking myself if we get up I tip against us.

I have decided to tip against us, thinking that the reverse logic will apply & if we lose I will at least have the satisfaction of knowing I tipped with my head not my heart.

But doing that doesn't sit horribly well to be honest. We are just as likely going to get up & win & leave me with this sick feeling of embarrassment & guilt in my belly.

JF

goswannie14
28th April 2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
I changed my tip 3 times over the last day or two. Thought I would be kicking myself if we get up I tip against us.

I have decided to tip against us, thinking that the reverse logic will apply & if we lose I will at least have the satisfaction of knowing I tipped with my head not my heart.

But doing that doesn't sit horribly well to be honest. We are just as likely going to get up & win & leave me with this sick feeling of embarrassment & guilt in my belly.

JF Same same.

liz
28th April 2006, 09:24 PM
Last week I thought all week that the upcoming game was fifty/fifty, and this week my gut tells me that we'll win.

No logic to it, just a hunch. My hunches are normally pretty good.

Big Al
28th April 2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by liz
Last week I thought all week that the upcoming game was fifty/fifty, and this week my gut tells me that we'll win.

No logic to it, just a hunch. My hunches are normally pretty good.

My hunches and feelings are usually gas so not very reliable. But seriously I believe we are slowly getting better and with the Geelong teams outs I think we may scrape home by a couple of goals.

ScottH
28th April 2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I think we'll win ugly 11 goals to 9. Wrong --> 9.20 to 11.7

ugg
28th April 2006, 11:20 PM
We'll either get over the line in a tight one or get absolutely pummelled by the Cats.

Casey36
28th April 2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Yes, I know that there are those who think that sometimes I am a little negative, but I think we will win on Sat night (and I am talking about the seniors v Geelong). No real reason, other than I have a good feeling about it...

Yep I Agree. I Have A Good Feeling Too.
I Think Its More Exciting When There Are Night Games At Telstra, Not Sure Why. The Atmosphere Just Seems To Be More.. Well I Cant Really Think Of A Word But Hopefully You Get The Point.:frown
Lol Its Late...

JF_Bay22_SCG
29th April 2006, 12:23 AM
Thanks to all for maing this thread heaps more positive than the majority of Cheer Squad threads have been of late (Yes, that means you Mr Lobster! ;) )

We cut out on the pisstakes & actually find people on RWO being pro-active for the first time in ages.

People have even recognised how the support has dropped at matches over the last few years (which sadly is horribly true :frown ).

Yes, the passion level in many of the 'week-in week-outers' may not be the same as it was in the days pre-premiership. I personally have adopted more of a "Ok, now it's time to worry about myself, my career etc etc" approach this year. I know others probably feel the same.

Having said that, I still really want the bioys to win. And I'd love us to create at atmosphere like we used to have in 1997.Let's be pro-active about not only giving to the team some vocal support but by mobilising & unifying the songs & chants so that we are all in unison.:cool:

See you all tomorrow night.

JF

music_2000
29th April 2006, 12:36 AM
if davis is out then it is all over red rover I think

573v30
29th April 2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
Wrong --> 9.20 to 11.7 Considering the fact that Sydney have a lot of kicking talent up forward (Hall, O'Loughlin, O'Keefe, etc.) and with Kennely back in the helm, the Swans would have to play their ugliest footy of the season to create a score but then again our forwards haven't played their best yet this season. As long as Mooney cries (or gets suspended) again, I'll be happy.

Eala ?ireann
29th April 2006, 12:46 AM
Swans will win it, 'cause we've a better side for the night. Simple.

I think!?!

Go Swannies
29th April 2006, 12:53 AM
If the Swans turn up to play - that is, they are motivated and ready for a battle - I think they'll win. Last time the Cats surprised them by playing a hard lock down game. The Cats are desperate but so are the Swans and they are at home.

Hopefully, this will be the turning point of our season. If we lose the season is about 25% over and getting to the finals will be a struggle.

NMWBloods
29th April 2006, 12:53 AM
We cut out on the pisstakes & actually find people on RWO being pro-active for the first time in ages. I can do pisstakes and be positive.

I can also be negative without needing pisstakes!

NMWBloods
29th April 2006, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by 573v30
Considering the fact that Sydney have a lot of kicking talent up forward (Hall, O'Loughlin, O'Keefe, etc.) and with Kennely back in the helm, the Swans would have to play their ugliest footy of the season to create a score but then again our forwards haven't played their best yet this season. It's normally at the helm!

Our goal kicking prowess has never been good!

ROK Lobster
29th April 2006, 08:06 AM
Yes, the passion level in many of the 'week-in week-outers' may not be the same as it was in the days pre-premiership. I personally have adopted more of a "Ok, now it's time to worry about myself, etc etc" approach this year. I know others probably feel the same. Yes, I think they do. Some names that spring to mind in this regard: B Kirk, J Bolton, B Hall, M O'Loughlin, R O'Keefe...

Thunder Shaker
29th April 2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Last year about this time I tipped against the Swans for the only time in the season. They then beat Brisbane after the siren. I am hoping that history will repeat so I tipped Geelong in the hope that it will spur the Swans on to slap me in the face as they did last year.:cool:
Washing your car to make it rain doesn't usually work.

Casey36
29th April 2006, 03:11 PM
We Havent Lost A Game At Telstra Since 2004 I *THINK* Round 4 or 5 Against Melbourne! :D

swans4ever
29th April 2006, 03:49 PM
i didnt feel too confident last week against melbourne because when you think about it they obviously were a lot more desperate to win then us but I have had a feeling all week that the Swannies are gonna come back tonight.

Yes the cats will be wanting revenge & a win but I've got a hunch that our boys will decide to work together & produce a thrilling win. We need to stop the individual play & start to play like we did last year- playing for eachother, playing for the Bloods!!

C'mon SWANS:D

also think bazza will decide to join in & kick a bag. We especially need all our senior guys to step up & prove to us that they have what it takes

Carolyn
29th April 2006, 04:17 PM
I have a feeling we are going to win but that it's going to be a close game. I don't know why, just a gut feeling...

Piobaireachd
29th April 2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by liz
My hunches are normally pretty good. I reckon you have great haunches Liz. rrrrrrr rrrrrrr :)

DST
29th April 2006, 07:09 PM
It won't be pretty and probably close but I reckon our recent good record in crunch H&A games will continue.

DST
:D

goswannie14
29th April 2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Last year about this time I tipped against the Swans for the only time in the season. They then beat Brisbane after the siren. I am hoping that history will repeat so I tipped Geelong in the hope that it will spur the Swans on to slap me in the face as they did last year.:cool: See I told you it would work.:D