PDA

View Full Version : Cityrail Trackwork.

Glenn
29th April 2006, 10:37 AM
Just to let people travelling from the Blue Mountains or Newcastle/Central Coast about changed train arrangments due to trackwork.

details can be found atBlue Mountains and Newcastle/Central Coast trackwork information (http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/trackwork/060429-bluemts_newcastle.jsp)

cruiser
29th April 2006, 12:56 PM
I rang CityRail yesterday to find out exactly what was going on. If you live on the Central Coast or Newcastle, you have three choices:

1. Catch a train back to Central after the game to catch a Newcastle train there which will travel via Nth Syd/Chatswood rather than Strathfield.

2. Catch a suburban northern line train from Strathfield to Hornsby and change to a Newcastle train there.

Both of these options add considerable time to the journey. For me, it means taking almost three hours to get to Woy Woy!

3. Drive your car (which I'll now be doing).

City Rail excell again at being complete dumb arses, doing track work onthese lines on the night of a big sporting event. They advertise about catching trains to the game, then do as much as they can to deter us from doing so. Imbeciles.