PDA

View Full Version : Hall - Surgery was a success!

arht
30th April 2006, 09:15 AM
Based on last night, the off-season eye surgery has been a huge success. What an improvement in his ball handling!

Last season he fumbled his way through most evenings ... regularly dropping chest marks ... but last night, it was all gone - his hands were perfect - everything seemed to stick. Was it the surgery?

Lucky Knickers
30th April 2006, 12:19 PM
I reserve judgement for now. Looks like it fixed the night blindness but his daytime performances have been a little ordinary.

Schneiderman
30th April 2006, 01:44 PM
I think he is still adjusting to the improvement, but that there is a definate improvement. His ball handling certainly looks a lot more assured, and once the delivery (including speed from defence) improves, he will be the clear dominant forward in the comp.

Go Swannies
30th April 2006, 05:22 PM
I asked him last week what the result of the surgery had been? He said a lot of the fuss was just media beatup. But then said that he now finds he has a whole new appreciation of some things - like road signs at night! So I guess there's a chance he can see a football better at night too.

ScottH
30th April 2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
I asked him last week what the result of the surgery had been? He said a lot of the fuss was just media beatup. But then said that he now finds he has a whole new appreciation of some things - like road signs at night! So I guess there's a chance he can see a football better at night too. But road signs are reflective, do we need to use reflective balls too?

ROK Lobster
30th April 2006, 08:53 PM
But then said that he now finds he has a whole new appreciation of some things - like road signs at night! I wonder what aspect of them he now appreciates :confused: Or was he just taking the piss out of GS? Surely not!

Go Swannies
30th April 2006, 11:05 PM
I took it that what he appreciated was being able to see the signs. Most of us were just glad we don't commute around Maroubra and if we do we stay well away from black utes after dark.

Q...
1st May 2006, 08:57 AM
I took it that what he appreciated was being able to see the signs. Most of us were just glad we don't commute around Maroubra and if we do we stay well away from black utes after dark.

Some of us don't mind commuting around Maroubra. I do find it hard to spot the black utes after dark though...

Go Swannies
1st May 2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Q...
Some of us don't mind commuting around Maroubra. I do find it hard to spot the black utes after dark though...

You better hope that you don't tangle with Baz then - in case he has a relapse and can't see you either. Tangling with Baz after you ran into his ute could be a very, very ugly road rage incident.

Agent 86
1st May 2006, 12:21 PM
You better hope that you don't tangle with Baz then - in case he has a relapse and can't see you either. Tangling with Baz after you ran into his ute could be a very, very ugly road rage incident.
I'd scream "you should've been looking where you were going instead of worrying about the bloody signs." and then I would run. very fast. preferably not in a straight line.

Snowy
1st May 2006, 12:23 PM
In some ways Hall's biggest asset is still is rare combination of strength and athleticism ; that's where he gets the jump on most opponents.

timthefish
1st May 2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Snowy
In some ways Hall's biggest asset is still is rare combination of strength and athleticism ; that's where he gets the jump on most opponents.

true, but if he can see more precisely what is happening 100m away, that gives him a few more seconds to consider his options and time his run off his opponent.

i think we'll see barry beat scarlett and other top defenders more often than we used to.

ScottH
1st May 2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Agent 86
I'd scream "you should've been looking where you were going instead of worrying about the bloody signs." and then I would run. very fast. preferably not in a straight line. Tell him your name is Go Swannies.

Go Swannies
1st May 2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
Tell him your name is Go Swannies.

That's fair. When I was trying to find a polite way to ask him if he was still blind (because he was taking marks and kicking like he was), I took the cautious path and told him my name was Scott.

ScottH
1st May 2006, 02:21 PM
That's fair. When I was trying to find a polite way to ask him if he was still blind (because he was taking marks and kicking like he was), I took the cautious path and told him my name was Scott. Lucky that is not my real name.