PDA

View Full Version : Willoughby Quits Swans

sharp9
3rd May 2006, 10:33 AM
As you may have read Josh Willoughby did not play for the Swans on the weekend but turned out instead for Weston Creek against the Swans.....:D

Only joking, can't believe there's no thread but the Weston Creek team was so weak that BEFORE the game was played they decided to make the teams half and half so Dempster, Phillips and Willoughby starred for Weston Creek and some bloke called Nolan booted four for the Swans. Hope his mum took a photograph so he can tell the grandkids about the day he kicked four for the mighty Swannies.

The result was....a draw after the siren. Read it here... Reserves (http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=insidetheclub&spg=reserves)

dendol
3rd May 2006, 11:25 AM
http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14361

Jeffers1984
3rd May 2006, 11:28 AM
I was there and it was very bizzare. I tell you what though, Dempster looks like a brick @@@@ house in a Lions uniform..very big.

Legs Akimbo
3rd May 2006, 11:52 AM
Where do I turn up next week to get a game?

j s
3rd May 2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Legs Akimbo
Where do I turn up next week to get a game? Do you really want us to tell you where to go? ;)

I'm sure the Lobster can give you advice - assuming his scoring pencils are now hibernating.

Rizzo
3rd May 2006, 03:31 PM
I've been impressed with what I've seen of Phillips.

Legs Akimbo
3rd May 2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by j s
Do you really want us to tell you where to go? ;)

I'm sure the Lobster can give you advice - assuming his scoring pencils are now hibernating.

I think I am missing something here, but probably best to spare me the directions :eek: I'll stick to taking screamers over my 3 year old daughter

Lucky Knickers
3rd May 2006, 05:38 PM
Well...it's upset Canberra.

Board wipes out swap match (http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=sport&subclass=local&story_id=477448&category=General%20Sport&m=5&y=2006)

Nico
3rd May 2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Rizzo
I've been impressed with what I've seen of Phillips.

Do we nickname him TV or Hi Fi.

cruiser
3rd May 2006, 09:16 PM
Board chairman Ron Cahill said AFL Canberra appreciated the swap was done to make it a more even contest but thought it was detrimental to the competition's credibility.
Credibility? :confused:

hammo
3rd May 2006, 09:34 PM
If they were truly worried about the competition's integrity then it sounds like Weston Creek wouldn't be part of it.

SWANSBEST
3rd May 2006, 09:52 PM
True

The Boot
4th May 2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by hammo
If they were truly worried about the competition's integrity then it sounds like Weston Creek wouldn't be part of it.
Well we are in an enviable position with the depth we have. But let's cut them some slack. As cellar dwellers, they probably don't reap the rewards with early draft @@@@@s etc etc. I think its laudable that the competition there is trying to assist WC. Yes, it was probably drawing a long bow in how it was done ... but sportsmanship was also a winner on the day from where I stand.

The Boot
4th May 2006, 08:25 AM
somehow "early draft picks' came up as @@@.

I blame it on the Rolleyes effect.

ScottH
4th May 2006, 08:28 AM
picks
@@@@@s

I suggested you might have mispelt picks, see above.

S.U.D
4th May 2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Nico
Do we nickname him TV or Hi Fi.
Phillips HEAD SCREW

In fact + can see it now:

Torture, taps it down to Bolts, handpass to head screw, hand pass to bolts 2 from the back line, chip kick out wide to eski who's free. He his ROK lace out on the 50, wheels around and pumps it long, etc. Etc.

No wonder we are often refered to as the hard working blue collar team.

undy
25th July 2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by S.U.D
Phillips HEAD SCREW

In fact + can see it now:

Torture, taps it down to Bolts, handpass to head screw, hand pass to bolts 2 from the back line, chip kick out wide to eski who's free. He his ROK lace out on the 50, wheels around and pumps it long, etc. Etc.

No wonder we are often refered to as the hard working blue collar team.

Still struggling with a nickname for Phillips - "little guy" felt better to shout at the weekend than "head screw", but it sounds a bit condescending.

I think I might try titan or goliath.

katie-scarlett
25th July 2006, 08:53 PM
How about.. 'Simon'?

liz
25th July 2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by undy
Still struggling with a nickname for Phillips - "little guy" felt better to shout at the weekend than "head screw", but it sounds a bit condescending.

I think I might try titan or goliath.

I read somewhere that his club nickname is "Flipper".

ugg
25th July 2006, 09:12 PM
That was on the Swans website. I did read an article but I can't for the life for me remember where it was, that he was nicknamed 'Jockey' :D

TheMase
25th July 2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by ugg
That was on the Swans website. I did read an article but I can't for the life for me remember where it was, that he was nicknamed 'Jockey' :D

Yep I saw that too. His nickname is definitely Jockey

swantastic
25th July 2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Nico
Do we nickname him TV or Hi Fi. What about DVD?

j s
26th July 2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by swantastic
What about DVD? Philips did invent the Compact Cassette!!

But how about "Stretch"?

Wardy
26th July 2006, 08:27 AM
"shorty" Phillips has a certain ring too it.

stellation
26th July 2006, 08:30 AM
Perhaps "lucky" for Phillips?

goswannie14
26th July 2006, 08:59 AM
After Saturday night I think "Poster" Philips would be appropriate.

Q...
26th July 2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by ugg

O'loughlin referred to him as Jockey when Schneider interviewed him for the Swans website...

Mel
26th July 2006, 01:48 PM
My husband was calling him Jnr on Saturday night. Mainly because he couldn't remember his name, but also because he really did look like he would have fit in (physically) more with the Auskick kids at half time than he did with the Swans.

I like jockey.

ugg
26th July 2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Q...
O'loughlin referred to him as Jockey when Schneider interviewed him for the Swans website...

Ah yes that's where it was from. Thanks.

swantastic
26th July 2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by stellation
Perhaps "lucky" for Phillips? Lucky Phill