PDA

View Full Version : Goodes

Captain
7th May 2006, 09:29 PM
Gee Goodesy is getting back to his best isn't he.

I thought he did some excellent things last week and was even better today.

He dominates the game when he is on song, adds the class we need and can win a game off his own boot.

Super talent.

ScottH
7th May 2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Captain
Gee Goodesy is getting back to his best isn't he.

I thought he did some excellent things last week and was even better today.

He dominates the game when he is on song, adds the class we need and can win a game off his own boot.

Super talent. The mark he took where the ball was going over his head (and arms) and he threw his arms back at the last second was brilliant.

He has also been practising his soccer goals skills as well.

Foreign Legion
7th May 2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
The mark he took where the ball was going over his head (and arms) and he threw his arms back at the last second was brilliant.

He has also been practising his soccer goals skills as well.

Yeah that mark was not only brilliant but gutsy as well.

Glad I got him at 51 to 1 for the Brownlow - he picked up 3 today for sure.

goswannie14
7th May 2006, 10:28 PM
Looks to be back to his Brownlow best. When interviewed after the game he was clear concise and articulate. I still think he should have been made Captain.

cruiser
7th May 2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Looks to be back to his Brownlow best. When interviewed after the game he was clear concise and articulate. I still think he should have been made Captain. I keep agreeing with you tonight GS14. Goodsey can be inspirational to the other players when playing at his best, which will lift the form of the entire team. Am getting a very good feeling now about Sydney.

Carolyn
7th May 2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Looks to be back to his Brownlow best. When interviewed after the game he was clear concise and articulate. I still think he should have been made Captain. He'll probably be captain when the current captains retire.

NMWBloods
7th May 2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Carolyn
He'll probably be captain when the current captains retire. He's only about 3 years younger than them.

goswannie14
7th May 2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
I keep agreeing with you tonight GS14. Goodsey can be inspirational to the other players when playing at his best, which will lift the form of the entire team. Am getting a very good feeling now about Sydney. He looked really good today, I particularly liked his run that was almost arrogant from deep in defence to the wing, great to watch.

BTW Cruiser, I think we probably agree on more things about the Swans than we disagree on.

giant
7th May 2006, 10:39 PM
Looked a class above everyone else out there - which inlcudes three other Brownlow medallists. Just wish we could see it every week.

Big Al
7th May 2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by giant
Looked a class above everyone else out there - which inlcudes three other Brownlow medallists. Just wish we could see it every week.

Thats the key with Goodsey isn't it. Consistency. He is capable of being one of the elite players of the AFL. He just needs to produce games like today on a more regular basis.

I love watching him play when he is on fire.

SimonH
7th May 2006, 10:44 PM
I don't want to refer people back to 'Goodes is playing well vs No, Goodes is playing sh**' threads over the last week or two, because I'm not the gloating kind.

At his best, the hardest-to-contain player in the league, and one of the most damaging. Would have been worth the price of admission alone today, in an otherwise unremarkable game.

giant
7th May 2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Big Al
Thats the key with Goodsey isn't it. Consistency. He is capable of being one of the elite players of the AFL. He just needs to produce games like today on a more regular basis.

Yep, people should be talking about "Judd, Riewoldt & Goodes" in the same way as they used to talk about "Voss, Hird & Buckley". There's no reason it can't be, Goodsey.

NMWBloods
7th May 2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by SimonH
I don't want to refer people back to 'Goodes is playing well vs No, Goodes is playing sh**' threads over the last week or two, because I'm not the gloating kind.

At his best, the hardest-to-contain player in the league, and one of the most damaging. And at his worst he is a liability.

That was the point of the discussion on those threads.

Consistency is his problem.

SimonH
7th May 2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
And at his worst he is a liability.

That was the point of the discussion on those threads.

Consistency is his problem. I'll accept your grovelling apology in the spirit that it was offered.

PS I agree that consistency has historically been his big problem, and the lack of it the principal reason why he was never a leadership contender in 2005.

NMWBloods
7th May 2006, 11:44 PM
I'll accept your grovelling apology in the spirit that it was offered.

PS I agree that consistency has historically been his big problem, and the lack of it the principal reason why he was never a leadership contender in 2005. What apology?

I said he needed to step up and consistency was a problem, which you agreed with.

What is there to apologise for?

SimonH
8th May 2006, 12:00 AM
Look, this is getting a little embarrassing. You've said you're wrong and you're very sorry, I've accepted it, and we can both just move on. There's no need to keep boot-licking; it's unedifying.

(I'm sorry, I refuse to use smilies. How much would Swift's A Modest Proposal have been improved if it was liberally littered with smilies and roll-eyes?)

NMWBloods
8th May 2006, 12:04 AM
Witty and clever writing doesn't require smilies...

SimonH
8th May 2006, 12:07 AM
Witty and clever writing doesn't require smilies... And sometimes hooks don't even need bait...

NMWBloods
8th May 2006, 12:11 AM
And sometimes hooks don't even need bait... And sometimes trolls don't need bridges...

Schneiderman
8th May 2006, 12:36 AM
And at his worst he is a liability.

Harsh.

satchmopugdog
8th May 2006, 03:48 AM
Great to catch up that Goodes is playing well at the moment. He has become my favourite player and I have taken note to watch the replay of the Lions game when I get back.

graystar
8th May 2006, 03:59 AM
I have always been a fan of goodes ever since he played as a ruck with a injured wrist for the rest of a game. That was ages ago, but I thought now there is someone you want in your team.

goswannie14
8th May 2006, 09:26 AM
And at his worst he is a liability. Which could also be said of nearly every other footballer in the league.

Captain
8th May 2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Schneiderman
Harsh.

Agree.

He can still be very damaging when his form is down so unfair to say he is a liability. Add that he takes one of the oppositions best players week in week out, surely when his form is down he will free up someone else.

NMWBloods
8th May 2006, 09:44 AM
I thought that against Port he was a liability. Was meant to be on Cornes, let him run around, and gave us virtually nothing in offence in return.

jude_boltons_babe
8th May 2006, 01:17 PM
well done adam great game