PDA

View Full Version : Interchange Chop

ScottH
11th May 2006, 09:05 AM
They are talking about limiting the number of interchages per game to slow the game down.

Fox Sports (http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19094144-23211,00.html)

goswannie14
11th May 2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
They are talking about limiting the number of interchages per game to slow the game down.

Fox Sports (http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19094144-23211,00.html) I don't get it, have the quick kick in to speed the game up...then limit the interchanges to slow the game down.:confused:

Excuse the French, but WTF are these idiots on.:mad:

NMWBloods
11th May 2006, 10:13 AM
Why not just limit the number of interchange players?

ScottH
11th May 2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by goswannie14
I don't get it, have the quick kick in to speed the game up...then limit the interchanges to slow the game down.:confused:

Excuse the French, but WTF are these idiots on.:mad: Precisely. Lets make the game quicker so we can slow it down.

Sanecow
11th May 2006, 12:03 PM
they have not resulted in the game being played at a slower pace and in a more contested style - as favoured by league chief executive Andrew Demetriou and the AFL commission.

How about letting players contest the footy without blowing the freaking whistle every time there's physical contact in a marking or ruck contest?

cruiser
11th May 2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
I don't get it, have the quick kick in to speed the game up...then limit the interchanges to slow the game down.:confused:

Excuse the French, but WTF are these idiots on.:mad: What GS14 said.. again. I think I'll just let you do all my football posting for me from now on Vic.
;)

GoSouth33
12th May 2006, 11:30 PM
I heard a report about this on Radio National tonight. They interviewed the journalist Gideon Haigh who referred to the quick kick in and the effect it was having on players. He quoted a player, I think it was Richardson from last week who said how exhausted everybody was and that was given as an explanation for a large number of behinds being scored. As an aside Gideon also mentioned that the time you used to get after a behind gave the players a chance to catch their breath and the spectators to talk about the game without the frenetic pace. Obviously food for thought.

ROK Lobster
20th May 2006, 02:23 PM
Andy D must be thick as @@@@. Just leave the game alone.

goswannie14
20th May 2006, 11:14 PM
Evidently now the Fat Controller has said to the clubs that there will be no changes to the interchange bench numbers.

Tuesday
21st May 2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Andy D must be thick as @@@@.

Should charisma not count for something?