PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Games!

BarneyG
12th May 2006, 03:42 PM
You would think the AFL would at the very least grant Sydney a game on a Friday night in Melbourne against the likes off collingwood, carlton or essendon? We are the reigning premiers, brisbane got these type off games on a friday why cant we?:mad:

Sanecow
12th May 2006, 03:46 PM
Because they are inconvenient for the cheersquad IIRC.

BarneyG
12th May 2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Because they are inconvenient for the cheersquad IIRC.

Didnt seem inconvienent for the Brisbane cheer squad!

NMWBloods
12th May 2006, 03:47 PM
I don't think the club wanted any.

Did Brisbane ever play Friday night games in Melbourne?

Jeffers1984
12th May 2006, 03:52 PM
We already got our fair share of Friday night games last finals series with a pretty decent record to boot too.

floppinab
12th May 2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I don't think the club wanted any.

Did Brisbane ever play Friday night games in Melbourne?

I'm pretty sure we actually requested one at least this year and maybe last year as well.

Thunder Shaker
12th May 2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by BarneyG
You would think the AFL would at the very least grant Sydney a game on a Friday night in Melbourne against the likes off collingwood, carlton or essendon? We are the reigning premiers, brisbane got these type off games on a friday why cant we?:mad:
It would not suit Channel 9's agenda due to their coverage of Friday night RL. Next season with the new TV rights deal could be different.

j s
12th May 2006, 04:16 PM
No way would the AFL schedule a Friday game while Nine has the rights.

But maybe next year....

Pommie Swannie
12th May 2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by floppinab
I'm pretty sure we actually requested one at least this year and maybe last year as well.

I definitely remember the Swans requested 1 Friday night game at the SCG for this season, but were turned down again.

I'm hoping with the new TV deal we'll get at least 1 home game on a Friday. The Geelong game last year proved just how good they can be - finish work, couple of drinks and then off to the ground.

With all the Sunday arvo games, a change would be nice!

cruiser
12th May 2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by BarneyG
You would think the AFL would at the very least grant Sydney a game on a Friday night in Melbourne against the likes off collingwood, carlton or essendon? We are the reigning premiers, brisbane got these type off games on a friday why cant we?:mad: Moes Tavern is obviously not in Sydney. They wont do it because it will clash with Friday night NRL. Which I'm having to watch now. When I'd rather be watching Geelong hammer those loser Saints.

GoSouth33
12th May 2006, 10:53 PM
Remind me what happened with the Friday night semi last year. There was a NRL game at the Olympic stadium, Swans played at SCG. Channel Ten had the Finals rights. Did they broadcast live or on delay. I was at the ground.