PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Based Cheersquad Members

sydneyswans1989
14th May 2006, 02:05 PM
I have sent an email to Rebecca at the sydney swans melbourne office regarding cheersquad tops, i think they would be fantastic for the cheersquad. Canterbury make very good rugby type tops so im going to contact them during the week about designs, prices etc. I'm sure that they cost 80 bucks each to make up.

I've seen them around also at schools, most of the Yr 12's at my school have gone to Canterbury & made some up for themselfs with the school colours & logos. Also you can have a name on the back & a number of any kind.

Thought it would stand out the cheersquad more :)

So if any melbourne based cheersquad members are interested in this please let me know ASAP.

Thanks.

The Red Barron
14th May 2006, 02:09 PM
I wouldnt wear one. Why do you need a uniform to be in a cheer squad? What makes cheers squads in other codes around the world great is the apparel and lenths some of them go to be decked out in team colours.

Why shoulds we have a fanatics type look? Those guys a a grade f wits too btw!

sydneyswans1989
14th May 2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by The Red Barron
I wouldnt wear one. Why do you need a uniform to be in a cheer squad? What makes cheers squads in other codes around the world great is the apparel and lenths some of them go to be decked out in team colours.

Why shoulds we have a fanatics type look? Those guys a a grade f wits too btw!

I personally think they would be good for the cheersquad, i've actually spoken to a few people in the cheersquad & they backed me on the idea.

The Red Barron
14th May 2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by sydneyswans1989
I personally think they would be good for the cheersquad, i've actually spoken to a few people in the cheersquad & they backed me on the idea.

Ok well if others like it go ahead. I just think it looks a little bit stupid, just like the fanatics.

robbieando
14th May 2006, 03:31 PM
I'm not a supporter of the idea. Let each member decide what they want to wear.

sydneyswans1989
14th May 2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by robbieando
I'm not a supporter of the idea. Let each member decide what they want to wear.

Im not saying everyone has to wear it, im just asking if anyone in the cheersquad is interested in wearing one. you can wear what ya want.

Piobaireachd
14th May 2006, 06:08 PM
Then Why get one?

Cher
14th May 2006, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't buy one. I usually wear a jacket.

sydneyswans1989
14th May 2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Piobaireachd
Then Why get one?

ummm i really dont know. i'll leave that for you to decide.

jenky28
15th May 2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by sydneyswans1989
ummm i really dont know. i'll leave that for you to decide.

Then i cant wear my crouch guernsy!

swans4ever
28th May 2006, 12:25 AM
haha nick, yeh i love the idea of the rugby jumpers, they would look awesome:) keep us warm on nights like 2nite

swantastic
28th May 2006, 12:33 AM
jenky28 did u go on bus trip with melb mems and a blond chick crouchys number1 fan

JF_Bay22_SCG
28th May 2006, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by swans4ever
haha nick, yeh i love the idea of the rugby jumpers, they would look awesome:) keep us warm on nights like 2nite

Mate, as a former Canberra Raiders NRL fan I can safely assure you that rugby jumpers do NOT keep you warm at all.

I heard it will be falling to 5 degrees tonight. You'd be needing far more than a rugby jumper to keep you warm.

Interestingly we used to have Swans Cheer Squad rugby jumpers in the Sydney-based Squad.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/Swans%20pix/PeterHatleyBarassiPortfinal2003.jpg
They looked ok I guess, but we are follow Aussie Rules not one of the rugby codes. Having said that I bought one of those cool Swans rugby tops they were selling for $20 from Rebel last year. They look pretty good, but unfortunately mine has gone somewhat pinkish around the white collar & sleeves. Not even a good preen job was able to get all of it out.

JF

goswannie14
28th May 2006, 09:17 AM
In 1979 we had windcheaters supplied by Just jeans who were the sponsors at the time. They were mainly used for those on the ground with the "run through" before the game. Then for the rest of the game you wore what you wanted.

BTW the CS last night on the ground before the game looked fantastic, compared with the Hawks rabble. I think the uniformity for holding up the run through looked very "professional". Well done!

We were sitting above the CS in the Ponsford, and they sounded pretty good, and on the screen they looked pretty good too.:cool:

jenky28
28th May 2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
jenky28 did u go on bus trip with melb mems and a blond chick crouchys number1 fan

Yeh i went on the bus trip for the geelong final last yr with a mate of mine!
Yeh im the one with the crouchy hat!

Caught up with you 2day anywayz!

cheers!
Jenky 28

swantastic
28th May 2006, 03:40 PM
no probs jenky28 cya next time(crunch em crouchy)