PDA

View Full Version : Hawthorn Next week - down at the MCG

blinddog
21st May 2006, 01:24 PM
I have the filghts and hotel booked and am heading to Melbourne next weekend for the game with the family. So as I have only been to the MCG for the grandfinal a few questions.
Where do Swans memebers generally sit at the MCG?
Should I get tickets before or at the game?
Is there an after match function (similar to the Noble Stand aftermatch) where kids can come along?

JF_Bay22_SCG
21st May 2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by blinddog
I have the filghts and hotel booked and am heading to Melbourne next weekend for the game with the family. So as I have only been to the MCG for the grandfinal a few questions.
Where do Swans memebers generally sit at the MCG?
Should I get tickets before or at the game?
Is there an after match function (similar to the Noble Stand aftermatch) where kids can come along?

You can just rock up on the day. That is the great thing about the MCG & footy in Melbourne, just rocking up on the day & sitting anywhere.

The Cheer Squad will be behind the goals to the Ponsford (new grandstand, right of screen) end. You will be among friends if you hang around in that area. And will get good seats if you get into the ground early.

Normally the RWO gang meet up at the cool Cricketers Arms pub across Punt Road from 4ish for a drink, a sausage sandwich & a brew or two. It is family friendly & normally Swans supporters outnumber those of the home team in there. :cool:

JF

Tuesday
21st May 2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
You can just rock up on the day. That is the great thing about the MCG & footy in Melbourne, just rocking up on the day & sitting anywhere.

Incorrect. No one will be sitting in M52 B8 but me.

msb
21st May 2006, 03:42 PM
Be PLENTY of room at the G, dont waste your money and reserve a seat. As far as i know the next function aint until after the dees game later in the year.

BonBon
21st May 2006, 03:45 PM
It depends on how much you value the view of the game.

Cher
21st May 2006, 09:04 PM
Usually there are only aftermatch functions after day games.
Someone told me yesterday that there is a childrens clinic on the Sunday but I don't have any details. Maybe there was info sent out to junior members.

ScottH
21st May 2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Cher
Usually there are only aftermatch functions after day games.
Someone told me yesterday that there is a childrens clinic on the Sunday but I don't have any details. Maybe there was info sent out to junior members. Correct, all the littlies got a letter last week, from Adam Goodes, complete with spelling and grammar errors.

8:30am
Lindsay Hasset Oval
Albert Park.

AND IT DOES STATE, KIDS ONLY!!

Cher
21st May 2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
Correct, all the littlies got a letter last week, from Adam Goodes, complete with spelling and grammar errors.

8:30am
Lindsay Hasset Oval
Albert Park.

AND IT DOES STATE, KIDS ONLY!!

So does that mean you have to send the kids on their own?

j s
21st May 2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
AND IT DOES STATE, KIDS ONLY!! Ahhh - but how do they define kids. Does pampering one's "Inner Child" meet the criteria?

ScottH
22nd May 2006, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Cher
So does that mean you have to send the kids on their own? At that time on a sunday morning, YEP.

ScottH
22nd May 2006, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by j s
Ahhh - but how do they define kids. Does pampering one's "Inner Child" meet the criteria? "not for the older kids" I think is the exact phrase.

canetoad
22nd May 2006, 07:24 AM
Are many coming down from Sydney for this game, I would like to meet you at the match or before it. Do you guys and Gals meet before the match.

The Toad :)

ScottH
22nd May 2006, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by canetoad
Are many coming down from Sydney for this game, I would like to meet you at the match or before it. Do you guys and Gals meet before the match.

The Toad :)
Normally the RWO gang meet up at the cool Cricketers Arms pub across Punt Road from 4ish for a drink, a sausage sandwich & a brew or two. It is family friendly & normally Swans supporters outnumber those of the home team in there.

goswannie14
22nd May 2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by msb
Be PLENTY of room at the G, dont waste your money and reserve a seat. As far as i know the next function aint until after the dees game later in the year. I agree, it's a waste of money booking seats at the G, unless you are going to be in the posh (read AFL, MCC and Corporate) seats. With the size of the crowd you will get a good view almost anywhere you sit now that the new stand is completely finished.

canetoad
24th May 2006, 10:49 PM
Any of you going to the pub before the game. I needto eat being a growing canetoad anddont want to sit by myself at the ground surrounded by the opposition.

The Big Cat
25th May 2006, 12:41 AM
Any of you going to the pub before the game. I needto eat being a growing canetoad anddont want to sit by myself at the ground surrounded by the opposition. Do Hawks eat canetoads?

canetoad
25th May 2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by The Big Cat
Do Hawks eat canetoads?

Ever heard how poisonous a canetoad can be. No hawk would survive.

The Big Cat
25th May 2006, 12:45 AM
Ever heard how poisonous a canetoad can be. No hawk would survive. Lethal on the Eagles last year.

BAM_BAM
25th May 2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Tuesday
Incorrect. No one will be sitting in M52 B8 but me.

we'll be there and like Tuesday we've got reserved seats and if anyone is sitting in them they're in trouble!!!!!!

We're in N56 row B Miss Bec so turn to your left look up and give us a wave.

Might venture over to the Cricketers arms if we've got time and relive the morning I spent there before the GF :)

australian_made
25th May 2006, 03:48 PM
I have to go straight to the G from the airport unfortunately. no pre-game beers for me :(

How many Cheer Squaders will there be at this one? Will i be able to get in with a GA ticket on the day?

JF_Bay22_SCG
25th May 2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by australian_made
I have to go straight to the G from the airport unfortunately. no pre-game beers for me :(

How many Cheer Squaders will there be at this one? Will i be able to get in with a GA ticket on the day?

No worries at all mate. Just rock up and look for Ando Simon PeterH_Oz (if he is going) & the big red blob that is the Cheer squad behind the goals.

They'll be in the new Ponsford Station.Will be mega easy to spot.

JF

blinddog
25th May 2006, 08:02 PM
So whats a good time to rock upto the G - and I will be buying general admission

cruiser
25th May 2006, 09:04 PM
No worries at all mate. Just rock up and look for Ando Simon PeterH_Oz (if he is going) & the big red blob that is the Cheer squad behind the goals.

They'll be in the new Ponsford Station.Will be mega easy to spot.

JF Am pleased to hear that the CS will be down the city end. I want to sit down that end again and think back. Very special is the city end of the MCG.

ScottH
25th May 2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by blinddog
So whats a good time to rock upto the G - and I will be buying general admission Before 7.

Tuesday
26th May 2006, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by goswannie14
I agree, it's a waste of money booking seats at the G, unless you are going to be in the posh (read AFL, MCC and Corporate) seats.

I like chardonnay.
Must remember to buy Melbourne FC country membership whilst I am down there... :o

Originally posted by BAM_BAM
We're in N56 row B Miss Bec so turn to your left look up and give us a wave.

For sure! :)

goswannie14
26th May 2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Tuesday
I like chardonnay. You are pretty close to the MCC section where you are sitting, so maybe they can pass you some.;)

ScottH
26th May 2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by goswannie14
You are pretty close to the MCC section where you are sitting, so maybe they can pass you some.;) Can't drink in your seat in the MCC, have to stay in the bar. Shoulda seen the mad scramble at hald time in the GF. Luckily my seat was at the top of the stairs that lead straight to the bar! :cool:

BAM_BAM
31st May 2006, 03:02 PM
back from Melb today so first chance to post.

What happened to the RWO people at the Cricketers Arms????

We were there and no one I recognised was :(

The area we sat in is really very impressive. The seats in general were good, but the bar and toilet area. Very swish. I will pay $45 any day for those amenities. To walk into an airconditioned bar area and not stand in long cold queues was just excellent. If we have had gotten there early enough we could've actually stood by the windows warm all night just a hop, skip and jump from the bar.

j s
31st May 2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by BAM_BAM
just a hop, skip and jump from the bar.
Don't you mean "sway, lurch and stagger"?

BAM_BAM
1st June 2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by j s
Don't you mean "sway, lurch and stagger"?

stop giving away my secrets js!!

Tuesday
2nd June 2006, 02:39 AM
Satchmo fled for the safety of cover during the final quarter, and left me there, alone, with the Melbourne-based Sydney ferals beside me. It was not pretty... :(

The chardy was available once I raised my nose.