PDA

View Full Version : New 'Swans' Website

Damien
22nd May 2006, 10:14 AM
Just checking out my footy tips and saw an advert for a new site called "The Oval".

It is made by Ford and is for the Cats and Swans. Still under construction, but worth a quick look!

The Oval (http://www.theoval.com.au)

desredandwhite
22nd May 2006, 11:35 AM
Looks like a one-stop shop for our household.

Not much content, looks like a supporting website for promos etc.. But I'll keep an eye on it.

BigBadBarryNo1
22nd May 2006, 07:51 PM
Looks like it took a long time to design the site, and full credit to them, it looks quite good.

The "History page" (click on the right hand side where the noticeboard) has some nice tidbits.. I didn't know Bob Hawke was once no.1 member of the South Melbourne Swans! haha..

goswannie14
22nd May 2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBarryNo1
Looks like it took a long time to design the site, and full credit to them, it looks quite good.

The "History page" (click on the right hand side where the noticeboard) has some nice tidbits.. I didn't know Bob Hawke was once no.1 member of the South Melbourne Swans! haha.. I thought everyone knew that.:eek:

BonBon
22nd May 2006, 08:14 PM
I checked that site out a few weeks ago. Doesn't grab me.

BigBadBarryNo1
22nd May 2006, 08:43 PM
Probably everybody knew that bit about Bob Hawke like we always knew (but somehow "accidentally forgot") that some weird person called Warwick Capper played for us in undersized pants in the 80's :D

"Grab" at him at your own peril :eek:

Thunder Shaker
23rd May 2006, 10:22 AM
It's a Flash-only website and I don't like Flash. With Flash, there is far too much scope for those obnoxious animated flash ads that constantly distract from the content, and there's no way to turn them off.

I'll be giving it a miss until they learn HTML.

RogueSwan
23rd May 2006, 11:38 AM
I'm with you Thunder Shaker. I have disabled all flash with Firefox so that they only play when I want them to. I am not sure how it works, something to do with css in the profiles, but I am so happy with it.