PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried

S.U.D
24th May 2006, 05:50 PM
I've never seen as many Sydney threads on the front page of bigfooty in the regular season or so many positive Swans articles in the press.

We have well and truly lost our ability to fly under the radar. Hope the expectation doesn't hurt us a-la post 1996.

But then again, I guess the reason why this has happened is worth remembering:D

Go Swannies
24th May 2006, 06:12 PM
You have reason to be worried. There's a whole thread about Jude where supporters of other clubs all say he's an elite midfielder - and there's not a word about Delta!

S.U.D
24th May 2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
You have reason to be worried. There's a whole thread about Jude where supporters of other clubs all say he's an elite midfielder - and there's not a word about Delta!

I miss UNIT. :frown

Just in case you don't know, check these:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195358

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194137

I miss the guy, he brought balance to the force, albeit from the dark side.

NMWBloods
24th May 2006, 06:47 PM
Mike Sheahan was talking them up big time on On the Couch too.

I've never seen an occasion when we have performed well under such expectation. We'll see how focussed the guys can be now.

Sanecow
24th May 2006, 06:48 PM
That Bleed Red Cheer girl was funny too.

hammo
24th May 2006, 07:30 PM
It goes with the territory of being Premier.

I doubt the players read much Melbourne press anyway and regardless, the standard of articles in Telegraph hasn't improved since last year and there are still enough negative threads on RWO to keep the players level-headed.

Zlatorog
24th May 2006, 07:36 PM
Why? Look how much is everybody talking about the Magpies win over the Cats. It sounds like they are now the only Victorian chance to win the premiership and everybody is talking them up. Much more than the Swans.
So, don't worry, be happy.:p

S.U.D
24th May 2006, 07:55 PM
And now there's a thread on Crouch.

Blooodddyellll people.

Nothing to see here

Move along

Its a very even comp

We're a working class blue collar unit

We're just taking it one week at a time

We're not thinking back-to-back

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

Seriously though, I'm proud as can be. Every one of the players and support staff involved deserves to be shown this respect (yes, even benny and torture)

All the way again boys, we're right behind you.

cruiser
24th May 2006, 07:56 PM
I cant say a word because NMW has already told me he hates this type of talk. But we all know why people are talking about Sydney so much. Dont we Nick?

Schneiderman
24th May 2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by S.U.D
I've never seen as many Sydney threads on the front page of bigfooty in the regular season or so many positive Swans articles in the press.

Something to balance out all of the Magpie masturbation threads. I am now waiting for the "Magpies Boot-Studder is the Best" thread.

NMWBloods
24th May 2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
I cant say a word because NMW has already told me he hates this type of talk. But we all know why people are talking about Sydney so much. Dont we Nick? Because we're the premiers and we are playing really well at the moment like premiers should.

That's all good.

I'm happy to say we should beat most teams and we should smash a few.

I don't think any games are gimmes though and I hope the players don't either. This remains one of my key worries.

Legs Akimbo
24th May 2006, 09:02 PM
Just of the fun of it, I think I might launch a BF 'which Sydney player has the biggest arms' thread and get pillaried for being a closet Sydney homosexual.

Or maybe one of these...

Sydney >>>>>>>>> Collingwood

or

Goodes wipes Judds arse on the floor thread

Or perhaps

Crouch faster than Judd

@@@@ I hate big footy

goswannie14
24th May 2006, 09:15 PM
I'm more worried about us having won 4 in a row. Usually that means we are due to drop either this week or next week. Although last year proved that anything is possible.

ROK Lobster
24th May 2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
That Bleed Red Cheer girl was funny too. Some of the guys on BF told me she was a goer too!

Xie Shan
24th May 2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Some of the guys on BF told me she was a goer too!

I haven't had time to go on BF much lately, but I heard she was a bit of a cow. ;)

SimonH
25th May 2006, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by goswannie14
I'm more worried about us having won 4 in a row. Usually that means we are due to drop either this week or next week. Although last year proved that anything is possible. Sydney, even in the middle of a good streak, very rarely wins more than 4 in a row. We certainly didn't do so last year (R19-22 being the only time we touched 4 in a row). On my count we won 8 in a row in 1996, and doubtless you'd need to go back generations to top that. Since then, so far as I can see we've won 5 in a row twice in 1998 and once in 2001, and that's about it. Not that we want to use either of those years as a template, as our form pattern was simply bizarre: the two sets of 5 wins in 1998 sandwiched a run of losses that included back-to-back 100 point and 10 goal humiliations; and 2001 also featured Sydney's first run of 5 losses in a row since the bad old days.

So despite what everyone's saying, the pressure is actually on this weekend.