PDA

View Full Version : Pick the @@@@ ups

floppinab
26th May 2006, 09:14 AM
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19255323-32466,00.html

Looks like the editor took Thurs. night off early and hit the pub.

And I've copied a few of them here just in case they do get around to fixing them. Unbelievable

"Statistically there is no comparison between the old Hall and the new Hall who will played his 100th game for the Swans when they take on St Kilda tomorrow night at Melbourne Crickey Ground."

"St Kilda coach Grant Thomas who was left with no choice but to trade his promising but troubled young forward to........"

"In the Swans' first game after both Tony Lockett re-retired and Rodney Eade quit as coach, Hall copped a five-game suspension for gouging Fremantle star Matthew Pavlich in round 13."

S.U.D
26th May 2006, 09:54 AM
When does Hall play his 100th for the swans.

If its against the Saints in a few weeks, then I'd say they have wrongly published a first draft of the article (which is how it reads).

If it is tomorrow and this article was intended to be published today, then I'd say "crickey blyme, that's a barry crocker"

goswannie14
26th May 2006, 09:55 AM
Apart from the stuff ups quoted it's not a bad article on Hally. In fact it's the first time in ages I have heard Grant Thomas make any sense.

Frog
26th May 2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by S.U.D
When does Hall play his 100th for the swans.
Tomorrow night against the Hawks ... IIRC

Sid
26th May 2006, 10:07 AM
The article says he was outed for 5 matches after eye gouging mathew pavlich, but it was actually mathew primus from port.

Jeffers1984
26th May 2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Frog
Tomorrow night against the Hawks ... IIRC
Yep. Too bad the Hawks didn't give him a 100th game present by playing Zac Dawson.

goswannie14
26th May 2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Sid
The article says he was outed for 5 matches after eye gouging mathew pavlich, but it was actually mathew primus from port. They should have just said Matthew P...;)

S.U.D
26th May 2006, 10:28 AM
Ok, I've figured out the article:

Hall used to play for St.Kilda.

He used to get into trouble and stuff

But he doesn't so much any more

And he's playing better

A lot of people say so

I think that's the gist of it.

Gotta go now, writing my job application for the Tele

Pommie Swannie
26th May 2006, 11:11 AM
"I could see he was very frustrated, I could see he was calling out for help and recognised that he was finding it hard to listen and take on counsel.

Thomas taking credit for Bazza's subsequent career?!?
:confused:

Well, I guess he has to take success wherever it comes ... ain't gonna be a premiership to cheer!

giant
26th May 2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by S.U.D
Ok, I've figured out the article:

Hall used to play for St.Kilda.

He used to get into trouble and stuff

But he doesn't so much any more

And he's playing better

A lot of people say so

I think that's the gist of it.

Gotta go now, writing my job application for the Tele

Need to work on your spelling - hardly a typo to be seeen.

S.U.D
26th May 2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by giant
Need to work on your spelling - hardly a typo to be seeen.

yous is rite

possumfeatures
26th May 2006, 01:42 PM
Mike Sheahan wrote a similar article last week and then talked about it with Nathan Burke on the radio last weekend.

Sheahan asked Burke directly, "why did Barry leave the Saints?" Apparently Barry wouldn't give him a direct answer.

Burke's response pretty much indicated that Barry was sacked because he wasn't the right sort of person for the Saints.

He sounded quite sheepish about it, but all in all, doesn't really reflect that well on the Saints culture at that time.

Mick Sheahan also went strong on the fact that they new Barry had a few issues with self esteem and self worth and yet the best job they could find him was as a part-time storeman. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but if youwant to encourage leadership etc etc you might want to find something a little more fulfilling.

stellation
26th May 2006, 03:21 PM
I thought the Sainters wanted Barry to stay at the time? Or have I missed something in this thread?

At least I increased my post count.

snajik
26th May 2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Sid
The article says he was outed for 5 matches after eye gouging mathew pavlich, but it was actually mathew primus from port.

...and it was hardly eye-gouging, more like a facial caress. Then, that's probably the umpire's typo.

swantastic
26th May 2006, 07:11 PM
big bad bustling barry, not at all he is a super star i rate him better than lockett dont get me wrong lockett sooooo good but bazza is a better player over all his leadership,toughness and very smart footy brain not to mention his fantastic work rate he gets around like a big mid fielder.He is the most valuable player at the swans but as kirky says we are a team not a team of individuals which i like thats why the swans are a great team

stellation
26th May 2006, 08:38 PM
Lord knows how many feathers it will ruffle, I know a lot of media commentators value my opnion... but... I think Hall is a better player than Lockett too. I think Hall, even with modern football, would easily kick 100 if he moved to a traditional lead/mark FF. I think a lot of people, whilst still holding him very highly, fail to realize just how good he is; once he got the whole contested mark thing down I think he became pretty much the (close as you can get to) perfect key forward.

swantastic
26th May 2006, 08:44 PM
glad2c sum1 agrees couldnt give a stuff how many feathers it ruffles good hope the so called experts take notice

Provost
26th May 2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
glad2c sum1 agrees couldnt give a stuff how many feathers it ruffles good hope the so called experts take notice You will ruffle a few feathers with the conservative types around here with that text style writing.

Not too dissimilar to "aceman" before he joined the band.:D

BigBadBarryNo1
26th May 2006, 10:08 PM
This is a weird article by Morrissey:

"Statistically there is no comparison between the old Hall and the new Hall who will played his 100th game for the Swans when they take on St Kilda tomorrow night at Melbourne Crickey Ground."

Wot the?????

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19255323-23211,00.html

He's a been poppin 2 many pills..