PDA

View Full Version : The Lions roar.

cruiser
28th May 2006, 04:07 PM
Brisbane are killing Freo and I must say, I'm glad they have found some form to spice up the comp. Brisbane playing well is good for the comp although they dont frighten me (anymore).

giant
28th May 2006, 06:17 PM
Too right - the competition needs the Lions to be dangerous. As I said in the "whither AFL?" thread if this season is already a contest between 4 or 5 teams we're in a for a dreadfully dull remainder of the H&A season.

Let's hope they fire up vs the Pies next week.

nomae
28th May 2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by giant
Too right - the competition needs the Lions to be dangerous. As I said in the "whither AFL?" thread if this season is already a contest between 4 or 5 teams we're in a for a dreadfully dull remainder of the H&A season.

Let's hope they fire up vs the Pies next week.

i agree. its good to see jonathan brown back to his best and kicking upwards of 5 goals a game, as long as its not against us. and the comp does need brisbane to be competitive to keep interest alive in queensland and in general competition. too bad about 4 or 5 other teams arent competitive...

goswannie14
28th May 2006, 08:52 PM
Twas a bit frightening in the last qrtr when they kicked 5 goals in about 3 minutes. Aker was on fire, and loving it.:eek:

Big Al
28th May 2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Twas a bit frightening in the last qrtr when they kicked 5 goals in about 3 minutes. Aker was on fire, and loving it.:eek:

Very similiar to the onslaught we unleashed on the Saints in the Prelim. Ahh any excuse to reminisce.

ScottH
28th May 2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Big Al
Very similiar to the onslaught we unleashed on the Saints in the Prelim. Ahh any excuse to reminisce. The pies 4 in the last 3 mins against the dogs.

Big Al
28th May 2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
The pies 4 in the last 3 mins against the dogs.

I banish memories of anything the Pies do well.