PDA

View Full Version : angry supporters

swantastic
4th June 2006, 06:59 PM
give em all a break we won, so what some of our players had a bad game we will learn thats what great teams are made of learning from mistakes,and to single out a few i think thats unfair just about every body played below there best.we are a GREAT TEEEEEam!

motorace_182
4th June 2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
give em all a break we won, so what some of our players had a bad game we will learn thats what great teams are made of learning from mistakes,and to single out a few i think thats unfair just about every body played below there best.we are a GREAT TEEEEEam!

I think its past your bed time mate.

swantastic
4th June 2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by motorace_182
I think its past your bed time mate. thanks for that infomation feeling a little tired great thought put into that reply.

Glenn
4th June 2006, 07:55 PM
I will admit I was critical of them through the game, and still feel a few players were below what is expected of them.
As said in the game thread despite playing poorly, they hung in there and got the win.

swantastic
4th June 2006, 08:01 PM
thats right the sign of champions

Destructive
4th June 2006, 08:05 PM
I thought the boys showed a lot of intestinal fortitude to come back from 32 points down. A great sign.

bigswan
4th June 2006, 08:24 PM
What a comeback against the wind. Only good sides win when they are playing badly and are being umpired out of the game.

Legs Akimbo
4th June 2006, 09:17 PM

Ill communicate n yor langauge so U cn undRstNd. dey plAD lIk schet.

Alison
4th June 2006, 09:31 PM
I agree with you Swantastic. Some supporters on this thread will really pick on anything that either Leo, Benny, Chambers, LRT, Richards do - they never seem to do anything right.

swantastic
4th June 2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Legs Akimbo
Ill communicate n yor langauge so U cn undRstNd. dey plAD lIk schet. sorry legs didnt know you where the english police next time i write somthing i will get it oked from you first since i give a stuff ,by the way have you got bung hands,your writing is all messed up.

swantastic
4th June 2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Alison
I agree with you Swantastic. Some supporters on this thread will really pick on anything that either Leo, Benny, Chambers, LRT, Richards do - they never seem to do anything right. thank you alison glad to see not every 1 up in sydney is a tossa.

Alison
4th June 2006, 09:43 PM
I am originally from Melb so that might explain it. You are probably still right about supporters in Sydney!!!

Gary
4th June 2006, 09:44 PM
I agree with you Swantastic. Some supporters on this thread will really pick on anything that either Leo, Benny, Chambers, LRT, Richards do - they never seem to do anything right.

Alison / Swantastic...clearly the art of exaggeration is not dead. Why don't you actually consider the substance of comments rather than get all defensive?

swantastic
4th June 2006, 09:45 PM
I am originally from Melb so that might explain it. You are probably still right about supporters in Sydney!!! thats y u are so smart,why is it that with sydney people they are quick to get on bandwagon but quicker to get off.

motorace_182
4th June 2006, 10:04 PM
When I see the team as what I would see as ideal, then I'll stop complaining. But when idiots like Mathews and Richards are running around like gooses each week, I'll voice my opinion.
Mathews is a joke... enough said.
Richards is tall and well built, that's where it ends. His skills under pressure are below standard and he has not got a great footy brain on him. Fine example was against the Dogs when, while being tackled he tapped the ball on the ground! Moron.

Swantastic, i suggest you pull some boots on and have a run and see what footy is really like before telling others that they don't have a right to be critical.

Night night kiddo.

swantastic
4th June 2006, 10:09 PM
When I see the team as what I would see as ideal, then I'll stop complaining. But when idiots like Mathews and Richards are running around like gooses each week, I'll voice my opinion.
Mathews is a joke... enough said.
Richards is tall and well built, that's where it ends. His skills under pressure are below standard and he has not got a great footy brain on him. Fine example was against the Dogs when, while being tackled he tapped the ball on the ground! Moron.

Swantastic, i suggest you pull some boots on and have a run and see what footy is really like before telling others that they don't have a right to be critical.

Night night kiddo. what team do you play for expert.i never said people cant be critical,but it seams as if every body wants to be judge and jury,next week if lrt and benny have good games what then still drop em.

goswannie14
4th June 2006, 10:12 PM
what team do you play for expert.i never said people cant be critical,but it seams as if every body wants to be judge and jury,next week if lrt and benny have good games what then still drop em. It is fairly unlikely that Mathews will have a good game next week, but LRT probably will.

motorace_182
4th June 2006, 10:14 PM
next week if lrt and benny have good games what then still drop em.

I would not drop LRT. He is a young player, shown promise and we need the talls. He has noone really pressing for his spot either.
ALternatively, we have a ton of midfielders bursting for a spot... I'd name Moore, Schmitt and Spriggs as possibilities to fill his spot.

Gary
4th June 2006, 10:17 PM
Did anyone actually say they would drop LRT next week as Swantastic implies???

swantastic
4th June 2006, 10:18 PM
I would not drop LRT. He is a young player, shown promise and we need the talls. He has noone really pressing for his spot either.
ALternatively, we have a ton of midfielders bursting for a spot... I'd name Moore, Schmitt and Spriggs as possibilities to fill his spot. stop bustin my chops,ok schmitt and spriggs ok not sure about moore.

cruiser
4th June 2006, 10:22 PM
Just back from Canberra. That's right spaztastic, I'm a bandwagon Sydney (Central Coast) based supporter who drove to Canberra to watch them play. After flying down to Melb last weekend. Expensive @@@@@@ing bandwagon. Why turn this into a dumb anti-Sydney supporters thread? Truth is, Sydney played crap football in the second and third quarters. Matthews was shocking. But I agree with spaztastic that to come back from a 32 pt 3rd quarter deficit to win by 7 is the sign of a damn good footbll team.

Captain
4th June 2006, 10:25 PM
Damn people are negative.

We won the game, showed we can win when our form is down and showed we can come back from a decent sized deficit.

Plus after freezing my arse off in Canberra all afternoon, it's the weather who should cop a serve.

swantastic
4th June 2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
Just back from Canberra. That's right spaztastic, I'm a bandwagon Sydney (Central Coast) based supporter who drove to Canberra to watch them play. After flying down to Melb last weekend. Expensive @@@@@@ing bandwagon. Why turn this into a dumb anti-Sydney supporters thread? Truth is, Sydney played crap football in the second and third quarters. Matthews was shocking. But I agree with spaztastic that to come back from a 32 pt 3rd quarter deficit to win by 11 is the sign of a damn good footbll team. point taken but it is true sydney siders are still 50/50 about afl

Gary
4th June 2006, 10:29 PM
Yes Cruiser...that was my post a few hours ago...but because I (& others) dared to note a few negs about several players...we have some very defensive stuff that has marked this thread...e.g. how dare we criticize anything / anybody. How boring this site would be if we did not have debate about probs, & pretended all was well. No service to the team in that.

motorace_182
4th June 2006, 10:37 PM
point taken but it is true sydney siders are still 50/50 about afl

Enter the great debate mate. Deadset this has been drawn out for sooo long! Get over it! Call me a bandwagon supporter if you want it really doesnt bother me, im not gonnga change my perception og the team or the way I support.
You dont rate Moore? Maybe you should have watched the handful of games he has played, or check out the Magoos sometime, cos he shows some bloody promise. Muc more than Willoghby or Davis so far.

Bart
5th June 2006, 09:00 AM
point taken but it is true sydney siders are still 50/50 about afl

You give credence to players belting fans in airports

garethb83
5th June 2006, 11:20 AM
Fine example was against the Dogs when, while being tackled he tapped the ball on the ground! Moron.

Although being annoyed by that moment of madness, i was at the game and just lost it with laughter. What was doing there? It was almost like he wanted to give away the free?

Easily the most entertaining clanger for season 2006 thus far. Although Benny's kick into a teammate leading directly to a Nth goal was right up there!

msb
5th June 2006, 12:12 PM
thats y u are so smart,why is it that with sydney people they are quick to get on bandwagon but quicker to get off.

Didnt you know according to sydney people the swans arent allowed to lose or even still WIN and have a bad game. It seems that they have to win by 10 goals every week or they get critisised on this site!!

garethb83
5th June 2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by msb
Didnt you know according to sydney people the swans arent allowed to lose or even still WIN and have a bad game. It seems that they have to win by 10 goals every week or they get critisised on this site!!

If you don't like people having their say, and being critical, then you don't have to read these forums champ, its a free country.

Perhaps you should go back, check every single critical post on this entire site, and see the origin of the person. I doubt you will find that every single one of them has been posted by a Sydney-based person.

Glenn
5th June 2006, 12:20 PM
I hope that was tounge in cheek msb, the players are professional footballers if they play below thier best people have a right to be critical.
If they play bad, what are we meant to say "better luck next week chaps"

msb
5th June 2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by garethb83
If you don't like people having their say, and being critical, then you don't have to read these forums champ, its a free country.

Perhaps you should go back, check every single critical post on this entire site, and see the origin of the person. I doubt you will find that every single one of them has been posted by a Sydney-based person.

Hey people can have their say all they like, but c'mon syd WON yesterday, sure they played bad for 3qtrs but it takes a great team to win like that, which i dont think SOME of these syd based supporters understand

garethb83
5th June 2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by msb
Hey people can have their say all they like, but c'mon syd WON yesterday, sure they played bad for 3qtrs but it takes a great team to win like that, which i dont think SOME of these syd based supporters understand

Perhaps... but i think alot of the comments are more like, 'we weren't happy with this or that, because if we were playing a better side we would have been pasted' rather than just incessantly bagging out our side.

Everyone here wants our side to win, no doubt about it.

And prior to this season, we never won by 10 goals, so how can you say that Sydney people expect that?

msb
5th June 2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Glenn
I hope that was tounge in cheek msb, the players are professional footballers if they play below thier best people have a right to be critical.
If they play bad, what are we meant to say "better luck next week chaps"

No you take the win and move onto next week, if we lose by 100 points then be critical.

msb
5th June 2006, 12:31 PM
Perhaps... but i think alot of the comments are more like, 'we weren't happy with this or that, because if we were playing a better side we would have been pasted' rather than just incessantly bagging out our side.

Everyone here wants our side to win, no doubt about it.

And prior to this season, we never won by 10 goals, so how can you say that Sydney people expect that?

Well ok then, expect to WIN every week

Glenn
5th June 2006, 12:34 PM
Prehaps a victim of their own success, in the eyes of the public people are expecting to be dominate in every match.
I will admit I was critical of some players yesterday, as what they were putting in at the time was "garbage and rubbish".
The pleasing thing about it is they managed to turn it around and get the win, but that doesn't gloss over the performance when Sydney were letting North Melbourne look like world beaters.

garethb83
5th June 2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by msb
Well ok then, expect to WIN every week

Absolutely we do expect to win every week.... as should every single passionate AFL supporter.

Thats not a 'Sydney person' thing, if you don't go to the game/watch your team on tv, expecting a victory, then what's the point? Sure it doesn't always happen, thats sport, but of course its expected!

It is from me anyway, and proud to admit it! Especially when my team are the defending premiers!

anne
5th June 2006, 12:39 PM
Roos said they played badly, so did Hall. No-one disputes it, so why can't we comment on it?

msb
5th June 2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Glenn
Prehaps a victim of their own success, in the eyes of the public people are expecting to be dominate in every match.
I will admit I was critical of some players yesterday, as what they were putting in at the time was "garbage and rubbish".
The pleasing thing about it is they managed to turn it around and get the win, but that doesn't gloss over the performance when Sydney were letting North Melbourne look like world beaters.

Yeah ok, but it was always gonna be a tough game yesterday after the week the kangas had, so at the end of the day a win is a win and who cares really how you get it, whether you play bad or whatever as long as you win. Your right they could be a victim of their own success.

S.U.D
5th June 2006, 12:43 PM
The real question is, was this the loss we had to have?

It'll happen at some stage during the home and away season, would it have been better to lose to the Roos and put it down to "Not turning up" rather than lose to Crows, Maggies or Toasters?

swansrock4eva
5th June 2006, 12:49 PM
One thing that gets me is that they are paid PROFESSIONALS - they get paid to play football, and are expected to do it well. Many of us are members, and pay money to see these professionals do their thing (and presumably some portion of our money goes towards their money). If they put in a crap performance, we are entitled to say "well they were crap," even if the end result was a win. Same way people expect a good perofrmance out of a music star (anyone remember the Barry White fiasco?) or a play etc. If the Roos had kicked straight yesterday, we could have been out of the match at quarter time because of some lazy play and some less-than-standard application to the game, and that's unacceptable. Against the Collingwoods and West Coasts, the sort of performance we put in over quarters 1-3 will see our percentage drop big time as we cop a butt kicking. However, if we put in a performance like the 4th quarter, then we'll see less of us copping a butt kicking and more of us dishing one out, which is what we're coming to expect.

And before you have a go at anyone for being a bandwagoner ST, get a feel for the site, for who and what we all are, because you'll find there are a heck of a lot of people who aren't bandwagoners, and many who might have been once, but who now form the core of diehard supporters who keep turning up even when performances are below par.

msb
5th June 2006, 12:50 PM
Absolutely we do expect to win every week.... as should every single passionate AFL supporter.

Thats not a 'Sydney person' thing, if you don't go to the game/watch your team on tv, expecting a victory, then what's the point? Sure it doesn't always happen, thats sport, but of course its expected!

It is from me anyway, and proud to admit it! Especially when my team are the defending premiers!

Seperate issue, when did i suggest people go to games not expecting to win every week. I was generalising that SOME!!! people, not yourself as you make it clear, expect to play like world beaters every week and win easily, which is not gonna happen hence why i was saying that it is unfair for critisism when syd still WON the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cruiser
5th June 2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by msb
Hey people can have their say all they like, but c'mon syd WON yesterday, sure they played bad for 3qtrs but it takes a great team to win like that, which i dont think SOME of these syd based supporters understand Singling out Sydney based supporters is antagonistic nonsense (other supporters based elsewhere are also critical of the teams performance yesterday) and if you continue to do it, I will put you on my ignore list.

wheels27
5th June 2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by anne
Roos said they played badly, so did Hall. No-one disputes it, so why can't we comment on it?

I don't think their opinions count, they live in Sydney. ;)

msb
5th June 2006, 01:20 PM
Singling out Sydney based supporters is antagonistic nonsense (other supporters based elsewhere are also critical of the teams performance yesterday) and if you continue to do it, I will put you on my ignore list.

oooohhhh big threat, cant you come up with anything else?

cruiser
5th June 2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by msb
oooohhhh big threat, cant you come up with anything else? No, ignoring you will do. And if everyone else does the same noone will have to read any of your nonsense. You will effectively be talking to yourself online. Furthermore, you and spaztastic are obviously the same person and I'm not sure that the moderators should allow that.

garethb83
5th June 2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by msb
oooohhhh big threat, cant you come up with anything else?

Haha, how old are you?

Wardy
5th June 2006, 01:54 PM
thats y u are so smart,why is it that with sydney people they are quick to get on bandwagon but quicker to get off.

Interesting you can say something like then when you joined here in Jan 2006 and msb March 2006 - most of the people here have been on this site for years - god forbid most of us were around going to the Swans games in 1996 too - long before the bandwagon of 1997 came into being! And so far none of us have gotten off your supposed wagon.

Having gone to Canberra and witnessing the game (and literally from ground level eh Go Swannies, Erin, Tuesday, Jeffers & Bon ?) we could see some horendous mistakes, and just thank god the stars were aligned because the situation the lads were in being 31 points down in the past they would have dropped their heads and lost the game completely. This time they got their heads up again - it wasnt easy but we got over the line. Sure its a win, but there is alot of room for improvement. The card carrying paid up members, who make the effort to travel to away games do have some right to express dissappointment should they see fit.

desredandwhite
5th June 2006, 01:55 PM
I don't see why underperforming players shouldn't come under fire. They are paid (and paid well!) to do a job, and if they are not performing to standard, questions should be asked. I support the club, not the players. If they do something, whether it is ordinary form on the field or ordinary behavious off it, then as far as I am concerned they are hurting the club and I do NOT have to support THEM.

Yes, we won on the weekend. But we shouldn't have had to come back like that. Even the coach and captain both agreed that the performance was sub-par for the second and third quarters.

We've done the Sydney and Melbourne thing to death. Sure, the average person on the street in Sydney doesn't understand aussie rules as much as the average person on the street in Melbourne. But I think you'll find that there are plenty of supporters in both cities (and in others too) who are knowledgable and tolerant (which may unfortunately exclude the thread starter on recent form).

Go Swannies
5th June 2006, 02:39 PM
Could be worse - we could have lost. Or even worse - we could be Geelong! (Now why did seeing Des' name made me think that . . .?)

Wardy, great to share a blanket with you (and the others - a brethren of Swans?) I loved the club-ground atmosphere of Manuka where you hear the players calling to each other. And if I ever need anyone to protect my turf I know who I'll call.

Wardy
5th June 2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
[
Wardy, great to share a blanket with you (and the others - a brethren of Swans?) I loved the club-ground atmosphere of Manuka where you hear the players calling to each other. And if I ever need anyone to protect my turf I know who I'll call. [/B]

I should have been a teacher - or worse - a parent!!!

ScottH
5th June 2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
I loved the club-ground atmosphere of Manuka where you hear the players calling to each other. It was audible on the TV too, but not always clear. Maybe they could take their mouthguards out so it is clearer on TV.

giant
5th June 2006, 02:47 PM
Although being annoyed by that moment of madness, i was at the game and just lost it with laughter. What was doing there? It was almost like he wanted to give away the free?

Easily the most entertaining clanger for season 2006 thus far. Although Benny's kick into a teammate leading directly to a Nth goal was right up there!

Oh come on! How can any of these compare to LRT's fabulous shepherd of G.Ablett's goal?

ScottH
5th June 2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by giant
Oh come on! How can any of these compare to LRT's fabulous shepherd of G.Ablett's goal? Oh FFS, he did it for my FanFooty Team, I needed the points and LRT knew it.

He really is a nice guy.

garethb83
5th June 2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by giant
Oh come on! How can any of these compare to LRT's fabulous shepherd of G.Ablett's goal?

Oooh i forgot about that one... good call! But come on, bouncing with a guy holding you, knowing it'll result in an automatic free kick (whilst in defensive 50) is just plain ingenius... i loved it (only cos if i got mad about it, i would have lost my mind)...

swantastic
5th June 2006, 05:40 PM
No, ignoring you will do. And if everyone else does the same noone will have to read any of your nonsense. You will effectively be talking to yourself online. Furthermore, you and spaztastic are obviously the same person and I'm not sure that the moderators should allow that. hey beach bum wanna b get your facts straight before shooting off your mouth msb and i are different people,and by the way it is SWANTASTIC thank you i think you need spelling lessons.

NMWBloods
5th June 2006, 05:42 PM
Now that's funny! PKB!!

Ryan Bomford
5th June 2006, 05:42 PM
Cousin of Rushed Behind?

swantastic
5th June 2006, 05:43 PM
Singling out Sydney based supporters is antagonistic nonsense (other supporters based elsewhere are also critical of the teams performance yesterday) and if you continue to do it, I will put you on my ignore list. hey cruiser,i thought ever thing said on here was tounge in cheek,relax just people talking @@@@.

swantastic
5th June 2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Now that's funny! PKB!! whos pkb

NMWBloods
5th June 2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Bomford
Cousin of Rushed Behind? That's what I reckon.

NMWBloods
5th June 2006, 06:24 PM
whos pkb Potential Kousin of (Rushed) Behind.

swantastic
5th June 2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Potential Kousin of (Rushed) Behind. oke doke

Claret
5th June 2006, 07:37 PM

This guy is priceless! The only reason I read every page of this thread was to see what other pearls of wisdom he had to share with us. It must be said that I wasn't disappointed.

swantastic, can u pls start a thred tightld 'swantastic responds' just like rok lobster so that iff we have any kwerys u can enliten us

Carolyn
5th June 2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Claret
This guy is priceless! The only reason I read every page of this thread was to see what other pearls of wisdom he had to share with us. It must be said that I wasn't disappointed.

swantastic, can u pls start a thred tightld 'swantastic responds' just like rok lobster so that iff we have any kwerys u can enliten us [edit]

swantastic
5th June 2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Claret

swantastic, can u pls start a thred tightld 'swantastic responds' just like rok lobster so that iff we have any kwerys u can enliten us no probs just here to help ant way i can