PDA

View Full Version : The Kick the ball to Nick Davis Petition

stellation
5th June 2006, 04:28 PM
The Kick the ball to Nick Davis Petition

Signed: stella

goswannie14
5th June 2006, 04:30 PM
Signed: goswannie14 (Please open your eyes fellas!)

LittleSchneider
5th June 2006, 04:38 PM
Signed: LittleSchneider

elroy67
5th June 2006, 04:41 PM
Signed: elroy67 (even dennis cometti could see davo calling for the ball)

Ruda Wakening
5th June 2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by stellation

Signed: stella

You are becoming way too hard to handle.

goswannie14
5th June 2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Ruda Wakening
You are becoming way too hard to handle. That's what his mrs tells him too.;)

Ruda Wakening
5th June 2006, 04:44 PM
I am his Mrs.

goswannie14
5th June 2006, 05:08 PM
I am his Mrs. See I told you.;)

ugg
5th June 2006, 05:14 PM
He needs to wave his arms HARDER.

Ruby
5th June 2006, 05:15 PM
poor nick looked very lonely and chilled to the bone out there yesterday. no action on the field left him turning blue. what was with the dressing gown at the end of the game ????

NMWBloods
5th June 2006, 05:34 PM
Yes!

Legs Akimbo
5th June 2006, 05:43 PM
Legs A. Kimbo

573v30
5th June 2006, 05:57 PM
Yes, kick the ball to Davis. He only gave me 47 in the Dream Team!!!

swantastic
5th June 2006, 05:57 PM

Signed: stella signed:swantastic and family

Captain
5th June 2006, 06:09 PM
Signed Captain

dread and might
5th June 2006, 06:14 PM
I am his Mrs.

HA HA HA
Best Reply Ever

dendol
5th June 2006, 06:49 PM
if he's such a superstar, get him to find his own freakin ball. Geez.

Ok i kid, kick Nick the damn ball!! How hard does a man need to wave his damn arms!?

Carolyn
5th June 2006, 06:56 PM
Carolyn.

swantastic
5th June 2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Carolyn
Carolyn. u need reminding

Carolyn
5th June 2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
u need reminding reminding of what?

SimonH
5th June 2006, 07:05 PM
No, I'll sign up only if he stops waving his arms like he's playing in the freakin' under 10s. It was like he was doing his impression of Jarrad McVeigh circa 2005.

But also: Nicky D should not be required to get his own ball. It's beneath him.

Snowy
5th June 2006, 07:06 PM
Well he obviously needs more game time. Yesterday only 67 mins., only Chambers had fewer. Maybe Roos not happy with his performance at the minute. Personally I think the players invest too much faith in MOL when going forward. I believe Davis's output re. amount of game time is superior to MOL's this season.

swantastic
5th June 2006, 07:09 PM
reminding of what? ya name

Carolyn
5th June 2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
ya name
Carolyn. That is my name...or aren't you used to seeing words beginning with capital letters?

S.U.D
5th June 2006, 07:25 PM
Maybe he should shave his head to gain respect from the rest of the playing group!

Tuesday
5th June 2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Ruby
what was with the dressing gown at the end of the game ????

A fetish for terry towelling.

Pommie Swannie
5th June 2006, 07:40 PM
Definitely signed.

Felt sorry for the guy yesterday!

EMJ
5th June 2006, 07:51 PM
Yes he didnt look happy
I think he is a great player and should definitely have the ball kicked to him more often.
He is playing well in backs, centres, forwards.
Why not more consistent game time
Unless he is carrying a slight injury we dont know about.

swantastic
5th June 2006, 08:41 PM
That is my name...or aren't you used to seeing words beginning with capital letters? NOPE

dimelb
5th June 2006, 08:53 PM
Signed: dimelb.

cruiser
5th June 2006, 09:23 PM
Signed: cruiser

I'm beginning to wonder whether he gloated so much after his performance during the Geelong SF last year that the rest of the team want to make sure he never gets the opportunity to gloat like that again? I just cant think of any other reason for it. (I'm a big fan of his.)

Nico
5th June 2006, 09:26 PM
It is a Roos ploy.

Saving him for the big time once again.

Wardy
7th June 2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Ruby
poor nick looked very lonely and chilled to the bone out there yesterday. no action on the field left him turning blue. what was with the dressing gown at the end of the game ????

The dressing gown has been around for decades in the VFL/AFL - it wasnt uncommon in years gone by to have all the players on the bench sitting there in their robes trying to keep warm. It looked really nerdy, but it was effective. They went by the wayside there for a bit, it appears they are now making a bit of a comback

ScottH
7th June 2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Wardy
The dressing gown has been around for decades in the VFL/AFL - it wasnt uncommon in years gone by to have all the players on the bench sitting there in their robes trying to keep warm. It looked really nerdy, but it was effective. They went by the wayside there for a bit, it appears they are now making a bit of a comback The Roos players had one blanket covering a couple of players legs. Looked like old grannies.

Schneiderman
7th June 2006, 09:27 AM
A few things that work against him and this petition:

1. Nick is probably the most 'individualistic' member of the team - very unBloodlike and most likely discouraged by the others.
2. He keeps saying he wants to play in the midfield, so that means he should be going in there and getting it himself.
3. The arm-waving stuff indicates a very strong desire to kick goals himself - is that for the team or him. Sometimes he does it when he is NOT the best option, which is NOT good.
4. When he gets it (finally) he has a ping from anywhere. His accuracy is good, but in the conditions we saw on Sunday his misses may have proved costly. If he was to pass it off more often like the others, they'd have more faith in his ability to pick the right option.

But he does deserve to get a hold of the pill more often. Let's just hope he does the right things to get it, rather than getting the sooks. It is a team sport after all, and the team IS winning after all.

elroy67
7th June 2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Schneiderman

3. The arm-waving stuff indicates a very strong desire to kick goals himself - is that for the team or him. Sometimes he does it when he is NOT the best option, which is NOT good.
4. When he gets it (finally) he has a ping from anywhere.....

I would agree if the arm waving was restricted to his forward line forays. I smashed a plate in frustration when Jolly ignored his 'arm waving' in the centre of the ground when he was 30 meters in the clear and proceeded to bomb it forward to a turnover.

NMWBloods
7th June 2006, 10:10 AM
2. He keeps saying he wants to play in the midfield, so that means he should be going in there and getting it himself. Well, he does go in and get it in his short bursts. However, more importantly, it is not the case that every player needs to put himself at the bottom of packs - we do need receivers too.

3. The arm-waving stuff indicates a very strong desire to kick goals himself - is that for the team or him. Sometimes he does it when he is NOT the best option, which is NOT good. He was arm-waving on the wing on Sunday - unlikely to have a shot from there.

As for arm-waving in the F50, given everyone else is a target except him, that's hardly surprising he will try to attract attention, particularly when he is clear and one of the best kicks in the side. You can understand his frustration when they prefer to kick it to MOL in the pocket.

4. When he gets it (finally) he has a ping from anywhere. His accuracy is good, but in the conditions we saw on Sunday his misses may have proved costly. If he was to pass it off more often like the others, they'd have more faith in his ability to pick the right option. When I50 he should have a shot most of the time. There are plenty of others who like to have a ping, such as O'Keefe and Schneider, and he's more accurate than them.

But he does deserve to get a hold of the pill more often. Let's just hope he does the right things to get it, rather than getting the sooks. It is a team sport after all, and the team IS winning after all. And a team is also about including all players and looking for ones in the best position, not just the favourites.

Snowy
7th June 2006, 12:13 PM
I actually think his ability to pick the right option is very good. His footy smarts are one of his greatest assets. With the strong wind though it was sensible for players to get as close to goal as possible before having a shot.

NMWBloods
7th June 2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Snowy
I actually think his ability to pick the right option is very good. I think his ability to pick the right option and then execute to deliver to that option is amongst the best in the side.

stellation
7th June 2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I think his ability to pick the right option and then execute to deliver to that option is amongst the best in the side.
I think it is the best, not just amongst the best. The thing I like is that he doesn't play favourites and he is usually very attacking in his disposal choices. He hit J McV on the weekend with a perfect pass that found him between 2 Roos, most of the guys on the team would have either not taken that option or not been able to hit it.

Ruda Wakening
7th June 2006, 02:01 PM

1. Nick is probably the most 'individualistic' member of the team - very unBloodlike and most likely discouraged by the others.

Unless it gets them home in a final.

NMWBloods
7th June 2006, 02:08 PM
I think it is the best, not just amongst the best. The only ones that compare are Hall, and MOL and Williams in their prime.

Kennelly is getting up there, but not quite yet.

NMWBloods
7th June 2006, 02:11 PM
Unless it gets them home in a final. Yes, but remember he owed us one, because it's not like anyone else in the side would allow their opponent to kick a goal (even when covering another's man), so we'll call it square.

But we also should take into account all the other players on the field, and not overemphasise the individual brilliance, because that would be un-Swans blue-collar like.

Hence he probably still owes us one...

Snowy
7th June 2006, 02:36 PM
Well I agree that he quite possibly is the best at footy smarts because Roos almost said as much and he's been very reluctant to praise Davis probably because of his perceived lower commitment level.

goswannie14
7th June 2006, 05:58 PM
With the strong wind though it was sensible for players to get as close to goal as possible before having a shot. Yopu should tell Dempster and McVeigh after the weekend about that, both big goals from outside 50.:D

goswannie14
7th June 2006, 05:58 PM
With the strong wind though it was sensible for players to get as close to goal as possible before having a shot. Yopu should tell Dempster and McVeigh after the weekend about that, both big goals from outside 50.:D

EMJ
7th June 2006, 06:38 PM
I watched the game against Hawks again today as home sick - and Nick was interviewed and interviewed well and seemed happy then.
Hope it is just a one off and he is not getting downhearted again.
Hope he is good against Saints - a game I would love to see us do well against them.

Pommie Swannie
7th June 2006, 07:25 PM
I reckon Davo is teetering on the edge of producing a REALLY big game for us. IMHO it looks as if it's all there just waiting to click into gear.

Personally I hope it's not this weekend - I think an average / good game will suffice. I'm hoping he's going to explode against the pies with a huge game, helping us to a massive victory!

Am I dreaming??? :confused:

Pommie Swannie
7th June 2006, 07:25 PM
I reckon Davo is teetering on the edge of producing a REALLY big game for us. IMHO it looks as if it's all there just waiting to click into gear.

Personally I hope it's not this weekend - I think an average / good game will suffice. I'm hoping he's going to explode against the pies with a huge game, helping us to a massive victory!

swantastic
7th June 2006, 07:39 PM
Hopefuly the pies are kicking them selves after the tstadium game for not trying to hang onto him."just here to help"

stellation
8th June 2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Pommie Swannie

I reckon he has already had a couple this year. Even on the weekend he managed 12 disposals in his hour of footy, not a bad "touch per minute" work rate. If he was benched for anything other than being a bit tight and the weather was TWANG central then god only knows what is going on.