PDA

View Full Version : Swans saved by Eddie

SWANSBEST
12th June 2003, 10:15 PM
Sydney saved by McGuire business savvy
by STAFF REPORTERS

"Eddie McGuire"
The Sydney Swans are no longer in financial crisis after Magpie president Eddie McGuire generously became involved yesterday.

McGuire flew to Sydney and managed to sell the Harbour Bridge to a wealthy Japanese tourist, raising an immediate $5 million for the Swans and erasing the club?s debt.

?I was happy to help,? McGuire told The Bladder. ?Through the Footy Show, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and my various other roles, I?ve picked up a lot of skills and I like to think of myself as a master salesman. Selling the bridge to a tourist was all in a day?s work really.

?We?re all committed to a national competition and you know I?d do anything to help our northern brothers. I only wish I had time to raise a few mill to help the Lions out, as well.?

?We?re ecstatic,? said Swans chairman Richard Colless. ?I wish we?d read the fine print a little more closely, that gave Adam Goodes and Michael O?Loughlin to the Magpies at the end of this season, but oh well.?

The only person not entirely happy with yesterday?s events was Mr Yazuka Shakamama, from Kyoto, who did the deal with McGuire. ?I very happy with bridge. It look good over Kyoto Harbour,? Shakamama said, through an interpreter. ?I not so happy with discovery that I also buy Jason Ball and Ryan O?Keefe.?

http://www.thebladder.com.au/content/news/displayContent.asp?CID=2082&EID=64

Sid
13th June 2003, 04:34 PM
haha, nice...

Ganjaman
17th June 2003, 10:02 AM
hahahhaaha, ROFLMAO.

Gee thanks Eddie