PDA

View Full Version : How many changes this week

floppinab
26th June 2006, 03:53 PM
OK, so we are 100% certain there will be changes this week. I'd be extremely surprised if there is more than two but what do you think???

Jeffers1984
26th June 2006, 03:56 PM
I want 3 but Roos will probably settle for 2. Williams and Richards to miss. Mathews is a protected species and i think Chambers will be retained for some ungodly like reason.

swannieserin
26th June 2006, 03:56 PM
I'd like to see three, but realistically it will be 2 if any!

NMWBloods
26th June 2006, 04:00 PM
Two.

goswannie14
26th June 2006, 04:34 PM
I was going to say none, but then I thought, well maybe Roosey will be true to his word and went for two. Hopefully Mathews and possibly Richards.

Carolyn
26th June 2006, 06:10 PM
Williams and Mathews.

Ruda Wakening
26th June 2006, 06:13 PM

They'll have another one of those honesty meetings, call each other a few names, have a group hug and then just rest Willo.

dendol
26th June 2006, 06:16 PM
Two would be about right, although I wouldnt be surprised at just the one change as all articles quoting Roos show how much he hates dropping players.

Destructive
26th June 2006, 06:20 PM
I'd say 3.

adnar
26th June 2006, 06:55 PM
Channel 10 news just said up to 5 from the reserves.

Mike_B
26th June 2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by adnar
Channel 10 news just said up to 5 from the reserves.

Except that Roosy said himself he wasn't going to make 5 changes. I don't think Roosy has made more than 3 since he started coaching the side. Bloods or one of the other stats freaks around here - would it be possible to see the most changes made to a Roos coached side since he started as senior coach???

ROK Lobster
26th June 2006, 07:05 PM
Out: LRT, Williams
In: Schauble, Maxfield

goswannie14
26th June 2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
In: Schauble, Maxfield If I said something like that to my kids, they would say "Dad...you're an idiot".;)

Legs Akimbo
26th June 2006, 07:22 PM
IN: Vogels, Moore, Dempster, Shaw (or Doyle if fit)
OUT: Mathews, Chambers, Richards, MOL

I am assuming Malsceski is still injured as is Schmidt?

Teetering on the edge...

Crouch, McVeigh...

Emergencies

Spriggs :eek: , Davis

satchmopugdog
26th June 2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
In: Schauble, Maxfield

You've just copy and pasted a post from last year!!!!!Very resourceful.

Zlatorog
27th June 2006, 12:04 AM
By deafult 2, maybe 3 if we're "lucky". Bring on the young ones!;)

The Big Cat
27th June 2006, 12:12 AM
Just reading the ressies report. Schmidt and Moore 44 touches each. Vogels 12 marks at CHF. There's your three. Doyle played forward and kicked four goals, but he's no where ready to ruck. I thought McVeigh had a quiet game, but was singled out by Roos as one of our best on Saturday night. Shows how much I know. Esky still a week away and will probably need a run in the Magoos after that.

My predictions

In: Moore, Schmidt, Vogels
Out: Matthews ("inj") Willo (rest) Super Ted (omitted)

sharp9
27th June 2006, 10:30 AM
Total number of Crap performances this year.......7 (out of 12).

Total number of players dropped so far this season.......1 (Dempster a couple of times).

Changes this week NONE except for injuries. Guaranteed.

Sanecow
27th June 2006, 11:58 AM
There's three or four changes that would be easy to make but I predict an absolute maximum of two.

swansrock4eva
27th June 2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by The Big Cat
Schmidt and Moore 44 touches each. Vogels 12 marks at CHF.

And therein lies the problem - we've got kids putting in stellar performances, albeit in a lower-standard competition. Either Roos doesn't have faith in them and their performances because of the standard of the competition they're in, or he's got too much faith in the current 22. If it's the former, you'd hope the brains trust at the club is already sourcing alternatives so that our next tier gets to compete week-in week-out at a high level that helps prepare them for senior footy. If it's the latter, then expect to see Schmidt, Moore et al walk sooner rather than later, ala Craig Bolton and Brisbane. If we let too many go, we could have a couple of lean years waiting for the next kids to step up to the plate.

Having said that, I'd love 3 changes, think 2 is more realistic to hope for but suspect it'll only be 1 unless there are injuries or forced rests.

RogueSwan
27th June 2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by The Big Cat
I thought McVeigh had a quiet game, but was singled out by Roos as one of our best on Saturday night.
Apart from another great goal from about 45m out.
I think 2 will be changed but want at least 3, 4 would be great and should include Richards, Willo and Mathews (becoming more and more like Warfe).