PDA

View Full Version : What is Kirk giving us at the moment that Moore cannot?

ROK Lobster
27th June 2006, 10:17 PM
Any ideas. Surely Kirk is relying on his 'credits' as much as Benny and Crouch at the moment. It's time to put a rocket up him and send him to the magoos. Let him, and the others, know that there is to be no laurel resting amongst the Swans!

hammo
27th June 2006, 10:18 PM
Moore must come in

OldE
27th June 2006, 10:19 PM
Enthusiasm in yoga classes.

Sanecow
27th June 2006, 10:26 PM
Big floaty helicopter kicks.

ugg
27th June 2006, 10:27 PM
Moore than you can imagine.

Kirky needs to get back to writing the match reports. His game has dropped since then, and then Ryan-O can go practice his goalkicking.

SimonH
28th June 2006, 02:22 AM
I like this thread so much that I'm inspired to follow up with my own 'Why does Hall keep getting a game when Grundy is fit and available?' and 'Who needs Craig Bolton when you have Matt Davis?' threads.

ScottH
28th June 2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Any ideas. Surely Kirk is relying on his 'credits' as much as Benny and Crouch at the moment. It's time to put a rocket up him and send him to the magoos. Let him, and the others, know that there is to be no laurel resting amongst the Swans! You obviously weren't away attending anger management classes the past few weeks!! ;)

Kirk has too many Premiership/"finals inspiration talk"/"take a bump and get up again" credits up his sleeve. He won't be dropped till 2010.

smasher
28th June 2006, 08:47 AM
I have always had great admiration for Kirky.Whist he has limited natural ability he gives 100% week in,week out.
I don't think the new rules are helping him as the game is alot quicker both physically and in decision making.He has had quite a few clangers this year.Maybe he's one who doesn't train,I don't know but I do think that Moore and Schmidt have both got good footy brains and they will become the future of the club.

Roscoe
28th June 2006, 09:05 AM
As I've said in a previous thread Moore and Schmidt must be given

their opportunity. Drop Matthews and either Crouch or Williams

must be rested to let them get over obvious injuries, maybe Kirk is

also carrying injuries. My concern is that Bevan will be given an

opportunity in front of Moore & Schmidt as he has 2005 premiers

credits. No way Bevan is a better option than Moore & Schmidt

Captain
28th June 2006, 09:43 AM
I agree on comments about Kirk lately. The guy is a legend and we owe him so much for last year. BUT his form has been shocking this year and is really costing us drive through the midfield. His possessions are wasteful, he seems very slow and is just struggling to keep up with the game.

C-Train
28th June 2006, 10:18 AM
Any ideas. Surely Kirk is relying on his 'credits' as much as Benny and Crouch at the moment. It's time to put a rocket up him and send him to the magoos. Let him, and the others, know that there is to be no laurel resting amongst the Swans!

Leadership...

giant
28th June 2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by SimonH
I like this thread so much that I'm inspired to follow up with my own 'Why does Hall keep getting a game when Grundy is fit and available?' and 'Who needs Craig Bolton when you have Matt Davis?' threads.

Thank you.

Young Blood
28th June 2006, 01:12 PM
Watch a replay of the St Kilda game.

snajik
28th June 2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Young Blood
Watch a replay of the St Kilda game.

Finally, an intelligent response to a patently stupid question.

BarneyG
28th June 2006, 04:43 PM

One word "LEADERSHIP";)

C-Train
28th June 2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by BarneyG
One word "LEADERSHIP";)

sorry barney... I beat you to it on the last page...

NMWBloods
28th June 2006, 05:44 PM
I'm not advocating dropping him, but I don't think Kirk is giving us an awful lot of anything this year, certainly not on a regular basis.

BarneyG
28th June 2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by SwanSong
sorry barney... I beat you to it on the last page...

You did too! Its good to see where on the same page.:p

ROK Lobster
28th June 2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by BarneyG
One word "LEADERSHIP";) And look where we have been led. Kirk needs to lift, in all aspects of his game. One only has to watch a qtr or two of the reserves to see that Moore has similar leadership qualities (of course no where near as developed as Kirk's) and far superior football skills. I am not seriously advocating Kirk's dropping. My point is that Kirk is offering us very little at the moment and needs to lift. All he really has to offer is endeavour, and that is largely non existent at the moment.

swantastic
28th June 2006, 08:31 PM
And look where we have been led. Kirk needs to lift, in all aspects of his game. One only has to watch a qtr or two of the reserves to see that Moore has similar leadership qualities (of course no where near as developed as Kirk's) and far superior football skills. I am not seriously advocating Kirk's dropping. My point is that Kirk is offering us very little at the moment and needs to lift. All he really has to offer is endeavour, and that is largely non existent at the moment. No were near the leadership kirk has shown he has proven it time and time again the magoos are different from seniors.You may be right he has better skills BUT kirk is a proven insparator to the team only time will tell with Moore i hope you are right we need more insprational players like kirky.

liz
28th June 2006, 08:46 PM
My point is that Kirk is offering us very little at the moment and needs to lift. All he really has to offer is endeavour, and that is largely non existent at the moment.

I don't think it's fair to say Kirk is offering very little at the moment, but it is fair to say that he is offering significantly less (in the main) than he has for the last two seasons. The fact that Bolton's last month has been down on his early season form compounds the issue for the midfield.

Monty is probably delivering at a similar level to last year and with reasonable consistency but none of the rest of the midfield has been able to step up to cover the slight drop from Kirk and Bolton.

That said, the clearance patterns have been inconsistent over the past 3 disappointing matches. Against the Kangas we were comprehensively beaten in the clearances until the final term. Against St Kilda the Swans won the clearances comfortably but their ball use in the conditions was just dreadful.

I haven't looked up stats for last weekend but my instinct tells me that it was probably about break-even in this department. Again, it was the use when they had the ball that let the Swans down, but this time without pelting rain as any kind of "excuse".

stellation
2nd July 2006, 09:26 AM
Did Brett earn some votes towards W.O.G. last night?

NMWBloods
2nd July 2006, 11:34 AM
Kirk is offering us very little at the moment...

ROK Lobster
2nd July 2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Kirk is offering us very little at the moment...
As swantastic has pointed out:

kirk is a proven insparator
I'm not sure what that is but I'm sure that every team, and every second draw in the kitchen, needs one.

swantastic
2nd July 2006, 11:44 AM
As swantastic has pointed out:

I'm not sure what that is but I'm sure that every team, and every second draw in the kitchen, needs one. I need some spelling lessons,by the way you need one in the garage to.

NMWBloods
2nd July 2006, 12:46 PM
I thought it was something for a hot tub...