PDA

View Full Version : Tie for worst ever commentator!

C-Train
1st July 2006, 11:50 PM
Blight has now officially tied with D'Head Walls...

CureTheSane
2nd July 2006, 12:13 AM
Blight and Walls would be two of my three favorite commentators, with Quarters.

Gone right off Dermie.
He's just Commetti's b1tch these days.

cruiser
2nd July 2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by CureTheSane
Blight and Walls would be two of my three favorite commentators, with Quarters.

Gone right off Dermie.
He's just Commetti's b1tch these days. I've grown to love the banter between Cometti and Brereton. Shame we wont hear it on 7 next year.

goswannie14
2nd July 2006, 09:29 PM
Nah I think this commentator takes the cake...Commentator earns red card (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19637292-13762,00.html)

nomae
2nd July 2006, 09:35 PM
IMO cometti is far and away the best caller in the game. he is followed by tim lane, and running a close third is clinton grybas. now if grybas isnt the funniest name in football, i dont know what is :p

573v30
2nd July 2006, 09:57 PM
I'd rather stick to ABC Radio for my commentary...

goswannie14
2nd July 2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by 573v30
I'd rather stick to ABC Radio for my commentary... That's what I prefer best too.

EMJ
24th July 2006, 04:24 PM
Blight is painful - prattles on and on and misses the point - not commentating on game playing - but past history.

Gary
24th July 2006, 06:18 PM
I don't know all the names of what is mostly a weak group...but Blight delights in the useless comment most of the time...he thought it was interesting / strange that we describe a bloke who can keep going all night as having a good "motor"...give the guy a pension.
I find Lane & Hudson irritating constantly...Lane had us doing a "first round" job again quite early...clearly he has not followed the Swans for 50 years...masters of the obvious...never worried by the need to change / contradict themselves 5 minutes later...add Russell to that...Cometti is a treat...does he write those lines? I like KB just cause I like him...hated him as a player....but there is something loveable about him as a lover of footy & really a great / greedy rover.
Sometimes even the bad ones help me take my mind off the game!

573v30
24th July 2006, 10:37 PM
As I mentioned before the forums were down, Tim Gossage has the most annoying voice and is the worst commentator I've ever had to listen to. If only Channel 9 had the sole rights to the AFL...

iv2
26th July 2006, 02:46 PM
Cometti is great, and I do like the Channel 10 team, but if Bruce is going to commentate the footy on 7 then bring it on!

Gary
26th July 2006, 04:18 PM
You must be joking about Bruce...brilliant in regard to knowledge of sport...but a drama queen who can't let the obvious pass...has to control / try & sound omniscient. Stick to athletics please...but I guess we'll have to put up with him like we did Eddie.

deadan
26th July 2006, 04:20 PM
The thing about Bruce... Well, he's just "special"

Damien
26th July 2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Gary
You must be joking about Bruce...brilliant in regard to knowledge of sport...but a drama queen who can't let the obvious pass...has to control / try & sound omniscient. Stick to athletics please...but I guess we'll have to put up with him like we did Eddie.

Ahhhh leave him alone haha, I love Bruce!

Doesn't lose enthusiam when a game has died. The AFL has missed commentators like him.

Way too many of them lose interest once a clear winner has emerged.

goswannie14
26th July 2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by deadan
The thing about Bruce... Well, he's just "special" Define special .

nomae
26th July 2006, 07:21 PM
Reported today that dennis commetti (probably) wont be commentating on tv next year, because 7 does not have enough money after the $780 million deal. disappointing :(

Gary
26th July 2006, 07:37 PM
We might face some more unpleasant surprises as the new deal beds in...perhaps in coverage, perhaps in cost to Foxtel, which might be passed onto Fox Footy in particular!

Captain
28th July 2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Damien
Ahhhh leave him alone haha, I love Bruce!

Doesn't lose enthusiam when a game has died. The AFL has missed commentators like him.

Way too many of them lose interest once a clear winner has emerged.

Too true mate.

Bruce is an absolute legend and easily the best commentator going around.

So excited about him coming back.

big bear
28th July 2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Define special .

Below normal price.

goswannie14
28th July 2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by big bear
Below normal. Yep, that's Bruce.

snajik
1st August 2006, 05:08 PM
Bottom of page 2 and still no one has mentioned Matthew Campbell?

Sanecow
1st August 2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by snajik
Bottom of page 2 and still no one has mentioned Matthew Campbell?

See: Thread specifically about biased commentators (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15533&perpage=12&pagenumber=1)